• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Mine is a little personal I guess, and kind of long winded, will try to make it short.

My brother was killed, walking along the road by a hit and run driver.
    I came through and found him just minutes after the fact.
    The police could not find who did it. After a year, I had heard rumors, and things around.
    Needless to say it was very difficult, not knowing exactly what happened.
    I got fed up, and started asking around, and I wore a wire when talking to people, and in a few weeks, told the police what I had found out.
    He had joined the military to try and hide from what he did. When they went to inteview him he confessed.
    After the trial and sentencing, he was sentenced to four years.... out in six months. I heard he was arrested again twice in another state.
    I went back to detective, and they arrested him again and he served the rest of his time, because he broke his probation.

I had someone make a Bounty Hunter reference after the fact, and I guess it kind of stuck.

Very long story actually, but that is the short of it.

Felt pretty good to find him.
    Felt better to watch him walk into prison...Twice!!!!!!:rockwoot:

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    Mine is just a reminder of my years in Uncle Sam's Yacht Club. "Atkron-105 Light Bombardment and Twillight Pursuit Squadron" AKA "The Gunslingers". Notice the Paladin knight symbol on the holster referencing the old tv show "Have Gun, Will Travel".

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    East Central In.
    Mine is the ship's crest of the USS Jonas Ingram DD 938. I had the good fortune of serving aboard "the jolly JI". Alas, she was part of a sinkex testing the MK48 adcap torpedo in "88 and is now a reef somewhere off the New Jersey coast. At least she went out like a warship and didn't end up as razor blades.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    And the sniper guys think their ammo is expensive! That was a 13 grand trigger pull ( I looked it up). They didn't give us any cool toys in the signal corps.:patriot:

I remember them telling me it was over 10 grand....We had a competition with 5 other units.....each unit had 5 Dragon gunners, the top 2 shot shot live rounds. We were tied for first place an I had the last an decideing shot, had to man the .50 on the APC shooting targets traveling 500 meters, then stop an fire the Dragon to target....my CO Jesus Christ Dominque Rodriguez just looked an me an said.."You better not miss.".....lol.....I didn't!!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSCsV2rGY8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgUZXeTy6I[/ame]

Last edited:

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I remember them telling me it was over 10 grand....We had a competition with 5 other units.....each unit had 5 Dragon gunners, the top 2 shot shot live rounds. We were tied for first place an I had the last an decideing shot, had to man the .50 on the APC shooting targets traveling 500 meters, then stop an fire the Dragon to target....my CO Jesus Christ Dominque Rodriguez just looked an me an said.."You better not miss.".....lol.....I didn't!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwSCsV2rGY8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmgUZXeTy6I

That looks like a real good time!
    Carried a M203 for 3 years, but the biggest toy we had was M60s. Only got to shoot chalk rounds out of the 203. I got ripped off!

The only time we got live ammo was the day before we bombed Libya in '86.

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I used to work as a traffic saftey operator in road construction.. I actually did something similar to this sign. Everyone passing by thought it was
    hilarious.. the boss.. not so much...

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That looks like a real good time!
    Carried a M203 for 3 years, but the biggest toy we had was M60s. Only got to shoot chalk rounds out of the 203. I got ripped off!

The only time we got live ammo was the day before we bombed Libya in '86.

Had the M203 for awhile also, when I did they took us to the range, about 8 or 10 of us. Truck came in with crates of 203 to get rid of.....I shot out over 100 rds of HE from my M203. They really don't do the damage like the Chuck Norris Movies.....lol. Don't ask about the M60 forest fire I started......

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    My avatar is a still from the video of me shooting a .50 for the first time.
    Usually, it's just a star, but this is way cooler! :D

Top Bottom