• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Its Howard the Duck. Unfortunately, you're likely going to think of the movie, which pretty much sucked.
    Howard the Duck was a Marvel comic and 'Illustrated Comic' (aka adult) that consisted of a complete wise-ass duck. He was banned at issue #31 for being 'too risque' in the mid 70's
    As a kid, I collected the comics, and when I first began engaging in computer 'bulletin board systems' (BBS's) back in the early 80's (Am I showing my age?) he was the 'screen name' I chose. I've stuck with him ever since.
    BBS's seemed dorky, but at the age of 12 or s i could go and 'meet' complete strangers at BBS Gatherings without my parents worrying about getting molested/abducted. This is because only computer geeks were involved in such things, unlike nowadays.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Mine is empty because I'm just a faceless noob.........still searching for my inner self.:):

God stories everyone!!!:ingo:

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Mine is Zawisca Czarny, a knight that was present at the battle of Grunwald when the Tuetonic Knights were defeated, part of my interest in Polish history. I comes from a painting by Jan Matejko.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Its Howard the Duck. Unfortunately, you're likely going to think of the movie, which pretty much sucked.
    Howard the Duck was a Marvel comic and 'Illustrated Comic' (aka adult) that consisted of a complete wise-ass duck. He was banned at issue #31 for being 'too risque' in the mid 70's
    As a kid, I collected the comics, and when I first began engaging in computer 'bulletin board systems' (BBS's) back in the early 80's (Am I showing my age?) he was the 'screen name' I chose. I've stuck with him ever since.
    BBS's seemed dorky, but at the age of 12 or s i could go and 'meet' complete strangers at BBS Gatherings without my parents worrying about getting molested/abducted. This is because only computer geeks were involved in such things, unlike nowadays.

I still have a few issues of Howard The Duck boxed upstairs. :)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

Neg rep for saying Howard the Duck movie sucked- I loved that movie as a kid and despite Lucas trying his damndest to erase it from history (not allowing a DVD release) it DID go digital and is on the internet and on Netflix.

Plus what kid from the 80's doesn't like Lea Thompson :naughty:

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Neg rep for saying Howard the Duck movie sucked- I loved that movie as a kid and despite Lucas trying his damndest to erase it from history (not allowing a DVD release) it DID go digital and is on the internet and on Netflix.

Plus what kid from the 80's doesn't like Lea Thompson :naughty:

Repp'd. I should've worded that differently. The movie was NOTHING like the books (surprise!) which sucked to me.

Top Bottom