• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    This is something I am dealing with but it is not my family or close extended family.

What would you do if you found out tomorrow morning your spouse took $260,000 plus from your spouses parents?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    All at once? Or over a long time?
    not that it matters, except how could someone NOT know their spouse is doing this unless it was all at one time!?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Wow...I would have to question just how well I know my spouse and wonder where the money went. Gambling addiction? Secret accounts? There would be a serious lack of trust after learning this. I'm not sure I could stay married to that person and would have to report it to the authorities.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    After she took me on a spending spree at my LGS we would have a long talk. OK just kidding. I agree with the others that trust is a must in a relationship. My wife knows every gun and anything gun related that I purchased before I bought them. We even keep our money separate but still talk about everything.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Wow...I would have to question just how well I know my spouse and wonder where the money went. Gambling addiction? Secret accounts? There would be a serious lack of trust after learning this. I'm not sure I could stay married to that person and would have to report it to the authorities.

Pretty much this. I think I'd also start changing passwords, cancelling credit cards, and checking my credit history to see what I might be on the hook for she hadn't told me yet.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would try to take the money back out of my spouse's accounts and put it back in my in-laws' account and then lock my spouse out of my in-law's accounts until I can talk with them. Absent that possibility, i.e. the money is gone or otherwise out of my reach, I wouldn't do anything until I could talk with the in-laws, which I would try to do ASAP.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    That is [bad word] scary [bad word]. I would not want to be married to that person. I've been through some deep [bad word] and I'm not goin' there anymore. Gonna go let my eyes sweat a little. Oh, [bad word].

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Take as in stole? There's going to be some real serious explaining going on, and I want to know WTF the spouse is addicted to. If all that cash went up her nose, for example, that's going to compound the issue dramatically.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would try to take the money back out of my spouse's accounts and put it back in my in-laws' account and then lock my spouse out of my in-law's accounts until I can talk with them. Absent that possibility, i.e. the money is gone or otherwise out of my reach, I wouldn't do anything until I could talk with the in-laws, which I would try to do ASAP.

Your intentions are good but this is bad advise. If you touch that money in anyway (even trying to do the right thing) you are at risk of facing legal action.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    My wife knows every gun and anything gun related that I purchased before I bought them.
    As does mine. Except...

my-greatest-fear-is-that-one-day-i-will-die-and-my-wife-will-sell-my-guns-for-what-i-told-her-i-paid-for-them.jpg

Attachments

• my-greatest-fear-is-that-one-day-i-will-die-and-my-wife-will-sell-my-guns-for-what-i-told-her-i-.jpg
      my-greatest-fear-is-that-one-day-i-will-die-and-my-wife-will-sell-my-guns-for-what-i-told-her-i-.jpg
      75.6 KB · Views: 2

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My wife is aware of everything I do. Money spent/saved/plans for money. All of it. She does the same with me.
    BBI.....you and I both would know if there was an addiction as in drugs/gambling etc. Even a spending addiction.
    If you are living with someone and this goes on right under your nose there is something missing. JMHO

Top Bottom