What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    From back when you needed the C band antenna tracking satellites I've appreciated Arnold Murray's take.
    :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Highly recommend this for those seriously interested in this stuff.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Depends on the impact. Microbes on mars... cool but meh. Just means we'll probably never colonize it and seriously jeopardize our chances of colonizing anywhere else either. Something capable of FTL: depends on their philosophy but probably "take me with you". I'd hate to be represented by either face of our government.

Look at how people handle everything else in the world... majority won't care beyond how it immediately affects them or won't believe and just want to go on with their lives. Extreme on one end will be militant "it's a conspiracy" trying to kill the aliens, extreme on the other end will be worshippers along with a smattering of people trying to kill as many people as possible because it's the end times and it's their job to enact it.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The older I get the more I realize just how arrogant the human species is. We have our written history of about 500 years and that is about all we know for sure. But we are so f*****g arrogant that we know it all, got it all figured out, that when something is discovered that doesn't agree with the political narrative we either literally bury it or metaphorically bury it. (Oops, the political intrudes again.)

There is so much, both on this planet, and beyond that they have destroyed that we, as a species, now don't deserve to know.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The older I get the more I realize just how arrogant the human species is. We have our written history of about 500 years and that is about all we know for sure. But we are so f*****g arrogant that we know it all, got it all figured out, that when something is discovered that doesn't agree with the political narrative we either literally bury it or metaphorically bury it. (Oops, the political intrudes again.)

There is so much, both on this planet, and beyond that they have destroyed that we, as a species, now don't deserve to know.
    You should probably add another zero to that 500 years. It doesn’t change the point though. But I reject that “we” did it. My vote in my entire life has always been “no” to destroying significant historical pieces. I’d make exceptions for old houses, but then I’d argue against their historical value in most cases. I kinda hope the assholes at the society for historical homes get abducted by aliens.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You should probably add another zero to that 500 years. It doesn’t change the point though. But I reject that “we” did it. My vote in my entire life has always been “no” to destroying significant historical pieces. I’d make exceptions for old houses, but then I’d argue against their historical value in most cases. I kinda hope the assholes at the society for historical homes get abducted by aliens.

What other species did it? LOL

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I don’t think digging in the dirt of Mars and finding some micro creepy crawly crap changes the world.
    hell we are still finding stuff here they didn’t know was here.
    Oh but it does because it PROVES life can evolve on a planet other than earth. Believing a thing, no matter how strongly and knowing it for a fact are two wildly different places in ones mind.
    Once life on Mars is confirmed the chances those really nifty UFO's the USN has been chasing around on almost a daily basis for years actually could be extraterrestrial increase by a lot. Such a finding would be 1 part awesome and 3 parts scary as hell.
    Never forget, we know a lot but we are farrrrrrr from knowing everything there is know about physics.
    A hundred years ago we literally had no idea we lived in a vast and expanding universe. There is a reason mankind's greatest telescope to date is named after Edwin Hubble. We are one stroke of inspired genius away from the next revolution in physics that could lead us to the stars.

Top Bottom