What Would Be Your Reaction If Extraterestial Life Was Discovered?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Come on guys. There have been multiple documentaries about this. How can you all act surprised or like this is new info.

stargate_sg-1_cast.jpg

Wasn't that idea in some movie - that a tv series like Star Trek had actually been developed to present an actual alien civilization to Earth?

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Wasn't that idea in some movie - that a tv series like Star Trek had actually been developed to present an actual alien civilization to Earth?

See the noted Stargate documentary...

Season 5 Episode 12

They called it "Wormhole X-Treme". I didn't care for it. Seemed like a lousy premise for a sci-fi show.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Already here, just FYI. I'm retiring next Thurs after dealing with ET for 44 yrs. A lot of these folk were way out there.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    This is purely lovely.

I was raised up in the small town south a long time ago. Back when gentlemanly behavior included walking between a lady and the street to deflect any threat and being prepared to quash any who accosted her. Mom taught me what was expected of men as well as trimming pine cones with a Luger. Due to those raisings I ask your forbearance in describing this rolling out of the new reality as purely lovely. It's one of those quaint southern expressions of humor and this BS we're being handed is lovely indeed.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If 0bama is on board with it, it likely has a political motive behind it.
    Interesting that when Uncle Joe was asked the other day about aliens and that Obama has already acknowledged he was aware of their presence Uncle Joes response was to ask the question again to Obama. Seems like Uncle Joe is still towing the old agenda story to deny deny deny!

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Once again, humanity displays an absurd amount of hubris. As if we could begin to have any chance to defend ourselves against an alien species that has developed interstellar travel.

If they desire our destruction it would probably be so far beyond the concept of nuking cavemen from orbit that scarcely no one can imagine it.

Then again, they might just steer in an asteroid or two.

Chemistry, biology, physics, materials sciences, things that they have knowledge of that we do not. That's why we aren't a species capable of interstellar travel and they are.

Hope and pray that benevolence is what is required for lifeforms to reach such a technological level.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Hopefully we are a curiosity to them. One danger is that Earth may have something that they want. Then they could either start trading with us or simply take whatever it is. If they decide to just take it, then they may or may not feel the urge to own Earth. If they want to own it then we might just be in the way and disposable or possibly a free labor source.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Hopefully we are a curiosity to them. One danger is that Earth may have something that they want. Then they could either start trading with us or simply take whatever it is. If they decide to just take it, then they may or may not feel the urge to own Earth. If they want to own it then we might just be in the way and disposable or possibly a free labor source.
    I've always held out hope that if they are far enough advanced to come here, then they will also be advanced enough to not need to take anything we have. Fingers crossed, because if they have the tech to get here it's not likely we could do much to stop them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always held out hope that if they are far enough advanced to come here, then they will also be advanced enough to not need to take anything we have. Fingers crossed, because if they have the tech to get here it's not likely we could do much to stop them.
    Or it could be like War of the Worlds and they're done in by a simple bacteria... or Covid.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom