What was the best concert you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    Hey what had 9 arms & sucks ....Def Leopard

To many concerts to remember farm aid in Iowa flown out by Cummings, Chicago tinley park farm aid was good as well. Jazz fest in New Orleans several years in a row. Blues fest in Memphis saw b.b. king @ his bar, great time. Saw phish a few times n the early '90's @ several bars less than 200 person venues. Roger water @ Alpine valley WI great show. Too many to tell, they all blend

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    MEAT LOAF's last two visits to Deer Creek. The final visit, I was around 5 or 6 rows back from the front of the stage and could really feel the huge bank of speakers pounding on my chest. During a short break, I yelled at him and he gave me a thumbs up. I've liked him since his original BOOH album. Go Meat!!!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Lynard Skynard before and after crash
    38 special
    Poco
    Pure Praire League
    Dobbie Brothers
    Loverboy
    Aero Smith
    Joan Jett opend for Aero Smith and she sucked
    Damn Yankees
    Brooks and Dunn
    Faith Hill
    George Jones

many more I just can't think of all of them

Some of them are really old ones when I was a kid in Germany before some of them became famous like Herman Hermits, Dave Clark Five.
    My dad booked bands in the Army so I got to meet so many people.

Last edited:

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    ok here goes...don't really know where to start. i have a cigar box full of ticket stubs from every concert i have ever attended plus indy 500 race/time trials, football games (Bears, Colts, high school state championship games), ihssa state b-ball champ. game 1970 (we lost), as well as many other stubs from other events i have attended over the years.
    best rock concert bar none, spring 1974, ft. wayne colesium, "free ticket"(i drove 3 of my buddies from bsu to site they had the tics but no ride), experience "enhansements"...1 'lude and many much smoke, Foghat opened for Johnny Winter.
    first rock concert ever, fairgrounds colesium indy, about summer 1970, 3 dog night, smelled the herb for first time, did not personally inhale any tho.
    gol dang some of us on here are old farts!

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Foo Fighters put on a damn good show, Saw Avenged Sevenfold this past weekend and they hung a roadie on stage. Literally hung a roadie on stage. It was awesome. Killswitch engage had the best moshing experience. And Nonpoint had the best show that I would go to see multiple times.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    The best concert was Tom Petty at Verizon/Deer Creek/that place in Noblesville. The way they would just jam and keep the songs going was awesome.

The best atmosphere for a show was Jimmy Buffett. Some people partied a little too hard and a little too early though and ended up passed out in the open trunks of cars. They missed a good show.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Garth Brooks 1988 Preble County Fair in Eaton, Ohio. The fair board signed Garth the year before then he made it big, and so it was a good concert. A local radio station was handing out neon yellow t shirts to all the hot chicks and the guy passing them out was genius. He got them all to put them on and they were all one size too small.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've been to too many shows, and like too many types of music to just pick one.

1st concert - Tanya Tucker @ Little Opry House, Nashville, IN :yesway:

Best Rock - Stone Temple Pilots @ Pepsi Coliseum

Best Bang for Buck - Bush @ Union Station, Indianapolis $3!!!

Most Impressive - Allman Brothers Band @ Deer Creek

Best Show - Garth Brooks, Indiana State Fair

Most Fun/Most Eye Candy - Dave Matthews Band @ Alpine Valley, Wisconson
    *Do NOT go drunk to Alpine Valley. Very steep steps, and it's work getting up out of the pavillion.

Most Recent - Yonder Mountain String Band @ Cannery Ballroom, Nashville, TN two weeks ago!

** Worst show - Metallica @ Deer Creek (walking into the OUTDOOR pavillion and all you could smell was body odor and hair spray!)

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Most Fun/Most Eye Candy

Speaking of eye candy, my wife dragged me to see Keith Urban a year or two ago at the Kentucky State Fair, HOLY CRAP!!! Out of the 17 or so thousand people in there, I'd say about 16,000 were totally smokin hot chicks! I'd go to a Keith Urban show again.:yesway:

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    KISS in a few years ago. Im not a huge fan of their music, but the tickets were dirt cheap, really close up (went with friends who got them on some sort of "LEO discount" program), and when Gene flew out over the crowd playing bass with blood dripping out his mouth...

Man those guys can rock a stage show.

Most visually stunning was Dave Mathews 2 years ago. Was in an arena called "The Gourge" up in Washington state, which was literally a stage on the edge of a canyon. The band started playing just as the sun was setting and it was insanely beautiful. Of course the 3000 people sparking joints all around me might have helped with that a little :/

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Clapton @ Deer Creek in '08 and '10. The '08 show was memorable for the thunderstorm that cut loose during "Layla".

Grateful Dead @ Deer Creek in '91. A night where the music played the band.

Bob Dylan @ MSA in '86. He was backed up that tour by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

The Rolling Stones in '89 at the Dome.

George Throrogood and Little Feat at Deer Creek in '95 (I think). Second row.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Alright, I saw AC/DC on their first USA tour in 1975 when they were an opening band for KISS. It was AC/DC, Someone that really sucked because I do not remember their name, and KISS. I was two people deep from the stage, no seating then. And watched Bon Scott carry a fat Angus Young around Market Square twice!
    I then was pulled up on the stage with Marshall Tucker the next year and was in the 3rd row center stage for Willie Nelson the same year. Got on stage with Marshall Tucker because I was getting shoved around and Doug Grey motioned for me to get up there and pulled me up on the stage and said , "here kid, have a seat over here." I saw getting shoved around by all the drunk hillbillies and he saw I was into the music and not the drugs and drinking going around. I went and saw then again this last year at Rib Fest downtown.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Manhattan transfer

3rd row. 1982. I was given the tickets. It was an outdoor venue that used to be close to downtown. can't even remember what the place was called. MHT live is real music. Amazing vocalists, all four members.

#2 was "Chicago" at the state fair in about 1975.

Top Bottom