What was the best concert you have ever seen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    Too many concerts, too many crazy stories, too many abused brain cells.

3 standouts:

Driving down from Chicago 10-ish years ago to Noblesville to see the NIN/JA show. It would have otherwise been just another concert, but to see NIN at night, outdoors, with the backdrop of an insanely spectacular lightning storm going on was something to behold. Fortunately, we had pavilion seats.

Taking my kids to see their first rock show, Flatfoot56, at an outdoor fest. And we got "backstage" to meet the band. Made a huge impact on little impressionable minds. They are becoming quite the musicians themselves.

20160708_211617.jpg

But the most important to me was my first - Rush: Signals. 14 years old, 27th row center stage, first day of a sold out 3 day stay. Massive impact. And I still have the shirt.

shirt.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have seen a lot of bands over the years, Ted Nugent, AC/DC, The Who, Van Halen, etc... but the best show I have ever seen was a band that I didn't even like at the time. Somebody had an extra ticket to Supertramp. Yes, Supertramp. Freaking awesome show by amazing musicians, just blew me away. I don't think I had ever heard the song School before that, been a favorite ever since.

Next one that comes to mind is Foreigner with Billy Squier as an opening act.

Cheap Trick at the Vogue was pretty awesome too.
    We saw cheap trick at a club in Ohio in the mid 70’s if memory serves. They tore it up that night. Amazing.

When I was single (between #2 and 3) Supertramp was a standard at all of our party’s and we had more than a few. I wore out the 3 albums I had of them. The ladies loved them.
    Nuff said.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    More recently, my favorite concerts have been John Hiatt, especially when he's with Lyle Lovett. I try and make those whenever he comes to town (at the Murat - not going to drive up to Carmel to see anybody).
    Not worth the drive to great acts at one of the best acoustics venues in the world?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One of my faves was actually a free one at Deer Creek. I dont remember the actual event but it was back in the 90s. Cheap Trick. They killed it. Had more fun than any other concert.

Genesis we were too far back (RCA dome), and John Prine just kept blathering on about liberal political stuff that I was tempted several times to yell "Shut up and sing!". But just as I got the urge he did so.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Paul McCartney at Soldier Field was pretty good. Was the end of the tour, and Paul's voice was shot, but the music and circuses was worth it.

Judas Priest at the Hammond Civic Center was loud, wife got a beer dumped on her. Piranha Brothers at Svoboda's nightclub in Lynwood with our fake IDs.

Roy Orbison at Kenny's lounge outside New Orleans.

Ah ... the memories.

PlaysInTheDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Southport
    More recently, my favorite concerts have been John Hiatt, especially when he's with Lyle Lovett. I try and make those whenever he comes to town (at the Murat - not going to drive up to Carmel to see anybody).
    Caught John Hiatt down in Nashville back in November at the Brown County Music Center...Good concert at a pretty nice venue.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Pink Floyd, Metallica, Paul McCartney all put on a hell of a show. The best? I'd have to give it to Metallica mainly because I lucked out on the tickets, 10th row dead center.

Styx 1979... I don't remember much of it, but I am sure I had a good time.
    Never saw them in concert, but I did listen/watch them rehearsing for a tour for 3-4 days back in '96. They rented the Genesis center in Gary while I was there learning to deal craps.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The best one I can recall at the moment was Stevie Nicks with Fleetwood Mac a few years back.

The show was good, but what made it outstanding was the fact that one of my daughters took me.

We caught dinner before hand...grabbed a couple of beers afterwards while watching baseball playoffs and headed to the show just in time for the first song.

Great evening.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Cheap Trick was my first so it has a special place in my heart. Went to many, many shows since so it hard to pick a favorite. One definitely would have to be Golden Summer Nights at the Zepplinfeld in Nurnberg, FRG. Another that might be surprising to some would be Pat Benatar in Richmond, VA. Not only was the show good but the company I was with... Recent shows would be Sabaton, Battle Beast, and Leave's Eyes in Louisville, KY. Heavily influenced because I got my ass handed to me by Joachim Broden in pinball afterwards. :owned:I was! And I would be remiss to mention Maiden at Deer Creek.

Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    I’ve been to a few ozzfests back in the day, saw type o negative several times, but honestly the best show I’ve been to was a Ted Nugent show. It’s not even my style of music. It was just a great show

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Dating myself here... June 1972, enroute to third trip to Vietnam from Camp Lejeune. Wife of one month and I stopped for the night in Las Vegas. Who was playing but the King. Saw Elvis from about 4 rows back in one of his last lounge shows. About the only live show I have seen except for Fats Domino and The Big Bopper at the Medford, Oregon, Armory in 1957.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom