• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Ok like I have said before I do not throw back the carp I catch and now that I have started bowfishing I will be getting more. The problem is what to do with the all dead fish? right now they are going into next years garden but it is filling up so I started cutting it up for catfish bait and I have more than enough now. I am thinking maybe boiling it for cat and dog food. If I start trapping I could use it as bait. Any other ideas? IIRR I can give it away so maybe find someone else that can use it. Any other ideas?

BrentC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Louisville
    Live anywhere near bald eagle nestings? In the Land Between the Lakes in KY, numerous fisherman donate their fish they boy hunted to feed the bald eagles.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Before feeding it to your pets, make sure you run that stuff through a grinder a couple of times....some of those carp bones could puncture a gut.

Hexlobular

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    SWI
    Can't you just chop it up and throw it back at your favorite fishing spot? Surely it makes good fish food...

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Has it ever occurred to you to eat them? They're a common item on Chinese menus in China. I ate plenty of them when I lived there, cooked a variety of ways.

Chinese Fried Carp recipe - All recipes UK

Sichuan Crispy-Fried Carp Recipe - Crispy Fried Carp | Hunter Angler Gardener Cook

Steamed carp recipe with spicy bean curd sauce | Red Online

A quick Google search will turn up hundreds of recipes for carp. I've always been partial to fish in brown sauce. Fried whole and served with that sauce? Yumm!

Fileting Fresh Carp - How to Filet and Cook Carp - Karpfen Preparation

Even shows up in German food. Americans are too damned picky and miss out of good stuff for bad reasons.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd argue, if you dont already have a good reason to catch (or in this case shoot) them, why? Its one thing to catch and release, but bowhunting negates the second part of that.

IMHO unless you have an overabundance of carp and are removing them to rebalance the ecosystem, shooting them just for S&G's is being a bad sport and bad steward of the environment.

But good for you for at least trying to find a use instead of simply leaving them on the bank when you get too many just because you can. I'll give you that.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'd argue, if you dont already have a good reason to catch (or in this case shoot) them, why? Its one thing to catch and release, but bowhunting negates the second part of that.

IMHO unless you have an overabundance of carp and are removing them to rebalance the ecosystem, shooting them just for S&G's is being a bad sport and bad steward of the environment.

But good for you for at least trying to find a use instead of simply leaving them on the bank when you get too many just because you can. I'll give you that.
    Asian carp is a massively invasive species. Catch and kill is a perfectly good purpose for them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Have you tried this?

[video=youtube_share;uqykDINEcGo]http://youtu.be/uqykDINEcGo[/video]

Looks like fun!

I think it would be more fun with an 1100 or a OU as you sit on the rear deck. who needs clays when you have these bad boys popping out of the water to shoot?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom