• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miltony

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Evansville
    Hate to sound like a broken record but there are a lot of good reasons - Glock 19. My first, my service weapon, never, ever a bobble in thousands of rounds.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I am getting a glock too. I am really between the 19 and the 17. I made this little chart to compare weight, length, height, width, capacity etc.

I didn't bother putting the 10mm & .357 glock on there since I have no interest in those

My other option was buying a .40 glock and the conversion kit so I could shoot 9mm for practice, and carry .40 for self defense.

All the weights are Unloaded, dimensions are in Inches. It looks like the 17 is about half an inch taller and longer than the 19.

glocks.jpg

Gander Mountain has 2 used glock 19's right now for $399 a piece. They both come with 2 magazines & a 1 year gander mountain warranty.

RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    I am getting a glock too. I am really between the 19 and the 17. I made this little chart to compare weight, length, height, width, capacity etc.
    Well this thread is a little old, so I actually bought a Glock 19 a few months back. Having now fired both the 17 and the 19 I'd say I don't regret picking up the 19. I think it's great because it gives you good accuracy and sacrifices little in capacity for the substantial size difference between it and the 17. Either is a fantastic choice, but if I were you, I'd definitely pick up a 19.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Pre-exploded???? :laugh::lmfao::laugh::lmfao:
    :cheers:

You crack yourself up! :laugh: , if they're pre-exploded then they can rename them XD's :laugh: :laugh: , stopped in at a couple of gunshops out in VT, and N.H. and they can't get the new XD's in fast enough, one guy said he had a wait list of 20-25, he'd been offered $100. - $150. over what he sales them for.

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    which ever feels the best in your hand... anyone could preach to you about what they like the best but if it dont feel right you wont shoot well with it

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I think that you all know by now that I am an XD Guy and do not own a glock. If I were to by another carry gun right now, I think I would like to try the XD9SC.

And yes XDs are what all Glocks want to grow up to be.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    which ever feels the best in your hand... anyone could preach to you about what they like the best but if it dont feel right you wont shoot well with it

Hmm...I'll politely disagree in a way...

IF the gun is going to be used for the range only - and never for CCW or self defense in any way - get whatever feels best in your hand - that alone can be your criteria

BUT, if the pistol is going to be used for self defense/CCW - THEN more important than how it feels is how it functions and its reliability,

I have tried the pistols that felt better in my hand, XDs/MPs etc, but neither could function reliably -

Also, just because it doesn't feel right when you pick it up - doesn't mean that with training and practice you can't shoot it well -

That said, I once read that the average distance b/w 2 people in a gunfight is 6 feet - My guess is that most people can hit a target 6 ft away without having to line up the sights

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom