What it your bottle rocket launchers of choice?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    What is your bottle rocket launchers of choice?

I've been making some sort of bottle rocket gun since I was 8 or 9 years old. I haven't made any for almost 20 years now. But the kids wanted to do some today so I hobbled together a few. Even got a double barrel! I'll have to get back into "the craft" for next year.

My shooters.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    USS_Sam_Rayburn_(SSBN-635)_missile_hatches.jpg

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Rats.

<deleted/>

I've been using roman candles for the last few years. The bigger ones are perfect for air/moon travelers.

Just dont embed it.

WARNING: Contains partial nude backsides.......and quite a bit of stupid.
    [video]https://youtu.be/SAnkqQFaRw4[/video]

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    When I was a kid I fashioned a rifle of sorts just for thus purpose. The "stock" and "foregrip" were made with 1x2s and the "barrel" was an old golf club with the head cut off. Fat side towards the "stock" and a ton of duct tape. It was an all around good time launching them at my brother out of that thing. Boys will be boys....

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Old Volkswagen Beetle. There is a slot on the bottom of the wing windows. We looked like Airwolf driving around 465, good times!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    When I was a kid I fashioned a rifle of sorts just for thus purpose. The "stock" and "foregrip" were made with 1x2s and the "barrel" was an old golf club with the head cut off. Fat side towards the "stock" and a ton of duct tape. It was an all around good time launching them at my brother out of that thing. Boys will be boys....

One of my first launchers was part of a free standing hammock frame. One end curled about 45 degrees to make a perfect pistol grip. Probably 1 1/4" wide. Taped a 1/2" piece of pvc pipe on it for a scope and some pipe insulation for a stock. I loved that thing.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    Can I just ask what is the enjoyment of shooting bottle rockets? I've never understood it. They are just annoying little ****s. Mortars are where it is at.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I welded a couple of 2" tubes to an old brake rotor. The tubes are for rockets and roman candles. The brake rotor sits over (and stabilizes) a mortar tube. Works well.

As a kid, we used wrapping paper tubes. fold over one end, and cut a slot for reloading. Bottle Rocket Bazookas!

Top Bottom