• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Depending upon your holster's design the button could get pressed by either the holster or your body and dump your mag on the floor - which could be kind of embarrassing depending on where you are when it happens. I have seen this happen in public and at matches. See if you can make it happen just to check. If you wear your rig on your hip while driving the seat belt buckle can dump the mag. I make spacers to jack my holster just a little bit off of my body. That makes it easier to grip the gun when drawing and keeps the mag button from getting pressed.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Depending upon your holster's design the button could get pressed by either the holster or your body and dump your mag on the floor - which could be kind of embarrassing depending on where you are when it happens. I have seen this happen in public and at matches. See if you can make it happen just to check. If you wear your rig on your hip while driving the seat belt buckle can dump the mag. I make spacers to jack my holster just a little bit off of my body. That makes it easier to grip the gun when drawing and keeps the mag button from getting pressed.

Yep, I've done that and had my kydex made to suit my carry. Someone inquired about the OP's intent for his gun. I mostly use this particular gun for USPSA and IDPA, but I was just making the point that I don't buy guns specifically for EDC, competition, or home defense, exclusively.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Yep, I've done that and had my kydex made to suit my carry. Someone inquired about the OP's intent for his gun. I mostly use this particular gun for USPSA and IDPA, but I was just making the point that I don't buy guns specifically for EDC, competition, or home defense, exclusively.
    That's interesting. Although I like to think my guns are versatile, I usually buy with a specific use in mind.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    My budget is $600-$1000. I currently have a Springfield XDS and Springfield EMP that I am very fond of. Both of these are much smaller than a full size. That is why I asking the experts!
    With that budget, I'd stay with Springfield Armory and choose among their various models.

Top Bottom