• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Dude was so ****ed up I couldn't even laugh. I've had some of my boots mess up little **** on their uniforms but this guy was so ass backwards. Are uniform is not exactly hard to get right cuz we don't have a lot of "frill" like the army with all their patches and stuff. Whoever the guy was that corrected him was nicer then I would have been.

When I see guys like this, and I have no military service, I take the stance they are mentally unbalanced. I do not try to challenge them but I keep an eye on them. Son is a Marine, dad is a retired Sgt Maj from the National Guard, brother was an Army officer, and I have way to much respect for those who served to ever do something this stupid...so they have to be nuts.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Uniforms vary from branch to branch.
    Then, over time they change.
    Some details are so small, even active duty has been known to mess up.

And you have to be careful calling them out.
    Just recently there was an article about people falsely accused.

I didn't watch the video yet, but in two seconds I notice he doesn't have a cover and two of his medals are exactly alike and misplaced. And I have no military service, just a one year stint in AFROTC.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wait, what was he doing at graduation? If it was for a family member, wouldn't they call him out? I suppose he was there alone just for attention.

Sad. It's our fault for honoring those that serve. We create an environment whereby we praise those that sacrifice. He just wants a piece of that - it's not his fault. Our society has created a climate where all should be given complimentary praise for doing nothing extraordinary. He's the natural evolution of that.

Wait, some of that shouldn't be purple.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Now now. Maybe he's just a dumbass who indentifies with a hero. Maybe ESPN will give him an award. Maybe he'll have his own reality show.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Timing is everything. Do you think these guys got accused of stolen valor? NO!

4c3b080f90290.image.jpg

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Uniforms vary from branch to branch.
    Then, over time they change.
    Some details are so small, even active duty has been known to mess up.

And you have to be careful calling them out.
    Just recently there was an article about people falsely accused.

ALL Military Medals, have an ORDER and Precedence, as to how they are placed on a Uniform.....

No Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen, would wear the Uniform, like that !!!!!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I didn't watch the video yet, but in two seconds I notice he doesn't have a cover and two of his medals are exactly alike and misplaced. And I have no military service, just a one year stint in AFROTC.

ALL Military Medals, have an ORDER and Precedence, as to how they are placed on a Uniform.....

No Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airmen, would wear the Uniform, like that !!!!!

I'm not saying he wasn't false.

I AM saying that everyone's running around trying to expose these guys, and sometimes they are in error.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    What's wrong with iNGO? Why are folks yelling at this poor old man? It is 2015, and if he feels like a marine, then he's a damn marine. Semper di do da! If I can be a woman, African American/Native American/whatever American, or teach folks as an 11b veteran from the sandbox, then he can be whatever he wants.

...and also, if he goes into your store you need to serve him with a smile and give him a discount for his service to our country.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm not saying he wasn't false.

I AM saying that everyone's running around trying to expose these guys, and sometimes they are in error.

I agree, I wouldn't call someone a fake unless I was 100% sure he never served.
    But usually those guys don't say anything when they are called a fake.
    I bet real veterans would get offended and have plenty to say if they were called a fake by some random dude in the street.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    This is not so unusual, even on this forum. Over the past several years, I have had two extended PM exchanges with members who claimed interesting things regarding their past Marine Corps experiences/assignments. After asking leading questions and considering the answers that were provided or further claims that were made, I confronted them with the facts that I had at hand and gave them the option of either changing their signature lines and/or ceasing their claims or facing the fact that I would publicly "out" them on the forum. Both took option one. It seems no one wants to be a cook, a driver, a clerk or a supply type, all jobs that are vital, honorable positions in our military service. Everyone want to be a SEAL, a recon Marine, a ranger or para-rescue. I took no pride in confronting them but will not see someone falsely claiming credit for something that others have paid for with their life, their blood, their sweat or their tears.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    This is not so unusual, even on this forum. Over the past several years, I have had two extended PM exchanges with members who claimed interesting things regarding their past Marine Corps experiences/assignments. After asking leading questions and considering the answers that were provided or further claims that were made, I confronted them with the facts that I had at hand and gave them the option of either changing their signature lines and/or ceasing their claims or facing the fact that I would publicly "out" them on the forum. Both took option one. It seems no one wants to be a cook, a driver, a clerk or a supply type, all jobs that are vital, honorable positions in our military service. Everyone want to be a SEAL, a recon Marine, a ranger or para-rescue. I took no pride in confronting them but will not see someone falsely claiming credit for something that others have paid for with their life, their blood, their sweat or their tears.

Ask me anything, I will tell you straight up !!!!!

My "last" unit in the INARNG, was 38 DISCOM, then they moved us to Kokomo, and the name of the unit, was so screwed up, I NEVER knew it !!!!!

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    I'm in favor of following the lead of Great Britain and several other countries: if you're a vet, you can wear the medals, but no uniform. Only active duty personnel can wear the uniform.

As for the frauds, require them to go through Basic or spend 3 months in jail! I suspect most would take jail!!

Top Bottom