• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    double knee replacement [both at the same time] in june. still recovering. im 44. doc wanted me to wait till i was 50 but one set of shots in the knees [out of many] too all the pain away for a month. [only time that happened] then i knew how much pain i was in and how much it was affecting me in work and life. that really put me over the edge to do it now. knees feel good but muscles are weak, but getting better. side note getting alot of online gaming done during the day when no one is on.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    double knee replacement [both at the same time] in june. still recovering. im 44. doc wanted me to wait till i was 50 but one set of shots in the knees [out of many] too all the pain away for a month. [only time that happened] then i knew how much pain i was in and how much it was affecting me in work and life. that really put me over the edge to do it now. knees feel good but muscles are weak, but getting better. side note getting alot of online gaming done during the day when no one is on.

Hang in. Stay Tough. It will get better.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    By Labor Day I should be back to ok on 9mm. After that I'll convert the press to .223 to bring that count back up to "newsworthy" numbers.

TheQuietMan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2020
    Morocco
    Not generally a "prepper", but I'm thinking it's about time I start to be. I do have some emergency supplies, or course I'm armed, and have sufficient ammo, and I'm working on learning some new skills, so maybe I sort of am, but I need to start taking it a bit more serious. At the moment with all hell breaking loose, I've been looking into body armor.

I can make holes.
    I can plug holes.
    Would be kinda nice not to have any in bad spots...

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Long/short term food storage. Every week I try to pile in enough LTFS to take the family(of 5)another month and add some additional STFS to the pantry.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    Hang in. Stay Tough. It will get better.

if there was ever a world problem i would not want to deal with the pain i was in. when the covid hit i did not think it was going to happen, then they called and said were scheduling i said im ready.

it is better. no knee pain just weak muscles. they are getting better each week. with doing them at 44 im playing the long game. i know i may have to have them replaced again but i dont do extreme things, just normal life stuff.

its amazing how many people are surprised that i did both at the same time. it was not as bad as i thought it was going to be. first 2 weeks was rough, next 2 weeks was more of i sick of this and ready to do things. at 4 weeks i could drive was assume and getting rid of the walker was even better. i go to rural king or walmart most days just to walk. that is getting better each week also.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Been working on outdoor skills. Backpacking in the rain this weekend. Shocked the wife is joining me, figured she would bail based on the forecast. She is tough!

Also found 200 rounds of 9mm at a good price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We still had canned stuff from last year. No canning this year. It just never came to mind with all the curve balls life has thrown at us this year.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    DSC-0280.jpg

Barely big enough to clean, some would argue not.

Decent haul for bank fishing the last hour of a hot summer day. Good time with a fishing buddy that I found already there, (who actually caught most of these fish.) Information learned from the gent started my idle rod finally bending.

The fillets make for a few taco's or omelettes and carcasses +/- a half gallon of fish bone broth.

Last edited:

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Dried some tomatoes and stored them in oil. Harvested the last of the onions. Started another round of lettuce.

Just started re-reading Sun Tzu's Art of War. It's been a couple of decades and it looks like it is becoming more relevant.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck

The Boss has had a knee, hip, and part of an elbow replaced due to osteo arthritis. I am lucky I guess, I can take doses of ibuprofen and get through the day, some days better than others. How the heck can you walk around Kendalltucky's Wal mart? I can barely stand going shopping there, lol.

This covid hoarding deal has helped convince the Boss that stocking things other than every herbal powder known to man is a good idea. We had lots of ingredients but not much extra food before this.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i go to rural king to walk most of the time [walk through the gun barn] or kroger if i need food. i do go to walmart if i need something that neither of them have, the kids dont like the cereal from kroger so i get it from walmart. we shop at kroger or aldi most of the time. i can go to a store and walk around and not buy anything, i have a excuse.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    New/old neighbors on ajoining properties are working on a joint garden. Everything proof, thought out, species deturant self sufficient with gutters and rain barrels, and flower beds to detract unwanteds. Meeting to be scheduled later.

Last edited:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Started back at a gym.

Harvested the garden and had so much butternutt squash I'm giving tons of it away.

Work has been silly busy, and seems to be picking back up after a slow first half of the year.

Working with a friend of the family who has some guys he'd like to run some drills with. We'll see who all shows up, but I'm looking forward to helping new shooters.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    You've tried butternutt pie right?

I can't say that I have, but we have enough of it that I think we'll have an opportunity at about any recipe we can find. I'm actually thinking of cutting one up into cubes, and tossing in a bush pot with onions and some steaks. I do that same recipe but would normally use potatoes.

Top Bottom