• ...and so much more!
  • COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Rotated and restocked the storage barrels, added another surgical and trauma kit. Canned up lots of goodies from the garden...tried zucchini relish for the first time, seems to be a good variation on the classic. Our beans are going gang busters so we made some quarts of Dilly Beans - think dill pickles but with green beans; we like to add some crushed red peppers for a bit of bite.

Zucchini relish ? That's a new one for me.
    Been getting creative with zucchini recipes lately.
    Gonna give that one a try too. Thanks for the sharing that idea.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The excess gear purge and right sizing of inventory is still an ongoing process. My intent is to get everything squared away at some point in my life soon.

The even in the backyard was a wild success. I had new shooters get advice and exposure from people with broad bases of knowledge and experience. Those people got to sit down and have some camp fire talks with other like minded people and get to know each other a little bit. I found some ways for me to organize this a little more and make the next month that much better. There was a lot of genuine excitement amongst everyone about what we could do as a group and what skill sets we had available to us all there. We had NRA competition types, PRS, 3-gun, ruck match, and other broad bases of experience from police to military. We had new shooters learn gun handling, we had new shooters who were ready to start moving and shooting. Overall I couldn't have been happier that I put this together.

I've also been dieting and really watching what I eat. I weigh less now than I did before covid quarantines started and I'm proud of my gains (in this case losses). I'm going to push for another 10 - 15 pounds and then try to just be stable there.

I've got a rifle that was giving me hiccups and I played around with buffer weights and I believe it's in bett running condition now. I still need to pound rounds through it to confirm.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    These have been taking four days to ferment. It will make 4 1/2 gallons of lacto-fermented dill pickles in the fridge. I guess I should finish off last year's and get to eating these?

371fa5b979b4c579dad34f630abe1b754d234b1e-14.jpg

Time to get the dehydrator working again also. More squash chips to make...

20200820-181215.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I hope this isn't Aunt Bee's recipe for kerosene Pickles!

attachment.php
    And YES The Original Status Update Thread Dancing pickle is BACKL!!!

These have been taking four days to ferment. It will make 4 1/2 gallons of lacto-fermented dill pickles in the fridge. I guess I should finish off last year's and get to eating these?

371fa5b979b4c579dad34f630abe1b754d234b1e-14.jpg

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Switched my GHB with an unassuming backpack. Easier to carry and doesn't have molle strapping on it. Downside is I need to figure a way to get the CAT strapped to the outside for faster access.

Took wife out to the range during a day she had off. Pretty sure she narrowed her EDC down to the shield. So I can consider getting rid of the 2.0c.

Also swapped batteries in the CT grips on my back-up pistol. I don't get that one out much any more but when I did the swap I noticed a bit of dimness with the dot.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom