• Status
    Not open for further replies.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I don't mind the off color stuff as it does help to make the mood light in otherwise crappy situations. This is just an association I don't wish to be involved with. I know it was harmless intent, just didn't want the interwebz to show it said without a response.

Today had a patient come in critical and pass away despite everything possible having been done for him and told another super nice guy he has cancer, then came home to find out my neighbor's husband died a few days after Christmas. I went over to their house when I saw the ambulance there the night of the 25th.

On a positive note, my package came I ordered 4 months and 9 days ago :)

Damn...rough day.

So , a guy was banned without even posting anything offensive and everyone thinks it was a good thing ? Way to go INGO ! Have we reached the pinnacle of PC statist perfection ? Anyone consider that nazi guns were that guys thing just like some weirdo's LOVE 1911's ?

If not wanting to be associated with Nazis, skinheads, etc. makes me a PC statist, then consider me Barack Obama.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So , a guy was banned without even posting anything offensive and everyone thinks it was a good thing ? Way to go INGO ! Have we reached the pinnacle of PC statist perfection ? Anyone consider that nazi guns were that guys thing just like some weirdo's LOVE 1911's ?

We have banned all kinds of usernames in the past, especially after a few members came back with several interesting names in an effort to get under our skin. It has nothing to do with being PC. If the guy wants to register with an acceptable name, there will not be a problem, as long as he follows the rules.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had about half the CFD and half the CPD mobbing my house one day about 15 years ago. December 22 1999. The day I was no longer married, and my son was halfway to being an orphan. I've had plenty of experience with death in my time, but that one just put me so far over the edge that black-hole dark humor just comes naturally. It's never "too soon" for me, though I can usually restrain myself around others. I'm all conscientious and stuff like that. If it causes anyone a problem, I offer my most sincere apologies, but don't expect me to change much. We deal with our traumas in our own ways. My way is liable to be offensive.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    We have banned all kinds of usernames in the past, especially after a few members came back with several interesting names in an effort to get under our skin. It has nothing to do with being PC. If the guy wants to register with an acceptable name, there will not be a problem, as long as he follows the rules.
    Can you share some of the more "interesting" ones?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I had about half the CFD and half the CPD mobbing my house one day about 15 years ago. December 22 1999. The day I was no longer married, and my son was halfway to being an orphan. I've had plenty of experience with death in my time, but that one just put me so far over the edge that black-hole dark humor just comes naturally. It's never "too soon" for me, though I can usually restrain myself around others. I'm all conscientious and stuff like that. If it causes anyone a problem, I offer my most sincere apologies, but don't expect me to change much. We deal with our traumas in our own ways. My way is liable to be offensive.

Like doc, it doesn't bother me that other people do it, but I can't be part of it. I've been there too and been through the other side and now try to be at peace with my soul.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom