• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What Caliber Do You USUALLY Carry?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    My main piece is a .40, plenty of knockdown with less reprecussion than a .45. Used to be a 9mm man, but heard stories (which may be unfounded) that changed my mind. (I also agree with the bigcraig that ammo type makes a huge difference and can compensate for size of round)

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    10mm G20 or .40 SigPro - whatever I grab lol. The paddle holster I got for the Glock 20 will actually fit the Sig as well :dunno: which makes it nice. I also have a fanny pack for the .40 which I carry in the summer.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I would like to carry a concrete coffee can launcher, but an Abrahms Tank would be too wide to carry into Wal-Marx...

Instead I carry a Semi-Compact Baby Desert Eagle in 9mm. Usually with Winchester JHP. Tried Gold Dots but she chokes on them everytime. No problems with anything else.

:D

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Personally, If I was forced to enter a gunfight I'd want something that started with a 1.... and nothing else....

12 gauge > > > .45 every day of every week.
    shot placement trumps caliber every time as well.

I agree - and also .308 trumps that as well hehehe. If I knew I was going to be in a gunfight - I would pick the good ole .308 AR hehe.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    .40 S&W. Best of both worlds, IMO. Hits hard, proven fight-stopping ability based on several police shootings, high capacity in a medium sized frame, bullets almost always expand due to high velocity and large hollowpoint. If it plugs up and doesn't expand, .40 is still a pretty good size hole.

Double tap ammo offers 135 grain JHP's that reach .357 magnum velocity (1400 fps), or .45 ACP type performance (200 grains @ 1100 fps) if you like heavy bullets. I like the versatility of the round. It really is hard to find a .40 round that wouldn't be good for self defense.

Me likey .40! :rockwoot:

I agree - but I just think the 200gr is alittle much for such a short case - BOOM :( Thats why I went with the 10 - less chance of a kaboom.

I really do like the G22 - I dunno why my old department went with the SigPro .40 instead of that :dunno:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    nobody here is a fan of the 10mm handgun cartridge?

:rockwoot: Glock 20 - 200gr DT XTP at 1250fps or FMJ at 1300fps - Plenty for woods carry
    165gr DT GD at 1400fps - Good for SD
    180gr DT XTP at 1350fps for all around use.

10mm - for the power!

NDhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    North Central IN
    I'm suprised the .40 isn't getting more love? I would have guessed that it would have been neck and neck with the 9 and 45, thats why polls like this are cool.

Do you guys think the .40 gets hurt because it is just kind of in the middle? Middle Power, middle recoil, middle capacity. Do people either go .45 for power or 9 for recoil and cheaper ammo, possibly more concealable guns?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm suprised the .40 isn't getting more love? I would have guessed that it would have been neck and neck with the 9 and 45, thats why polls like this are cool.

Do you guys think the .40 gets hurt because it is just kind of in the middle? Middle Power, middle recoil, middle capacity. Do people either go .45 for power or 9 for recoil and cheaper ammo, possibly more concealable guns?

isn't the 40 a faster round then the 9mm and 45acp? I like the slower 45 acp to prevent over-pentatration, but still provides bone break impact.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    isn't the 40 a faster round then the 9mm and 45acp? I like the slower 45 acp to prevent over-pentatration, but still provides bone break impact.

It is a pretty quick round when fired out of a full length tube - even with the 4" barrel - it moves pretty well.

Yes the slower .45 is like a fat quarterback charging - while hes not moving very fast - he will destroy what gets in his way. The .45 lacks the speed and ballistic coefficient to penetrate hard objects but it does - and has - worked for a hundred years.

I personally like how the Glock 20 10mm shoots. When loaded with Double Tap ammo - you cant lose :rockwoot:

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Hard to pick just one .
    I carry everything from .22 up to .45
    depending on the situation and were i am going ..
    I guess for the most part i carry .38 More than anything

Top Bottom