What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    We just finished watching Damnation on Netflix. Interesting story line and characters. Kind of dark, and a weak ending.. Perhaps to set up more episodes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm through the first three episodes of Daisy Jones and the Six, on Prime. It's not bad, but it hasn't grabbed me like I thought it would. So far, I rate it a solid meh.
    Travel ramps up again soon for me, so I added this one to my list of Kindle Fire downloads for airplane/airport/hotel consumption. We'll see how it goes.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Travel ramps up again soon for me, so I added this one to my list of Kindle Fire downloads for airplane/airport/hotel consumption. We'll see how it goes.
    The author of the book upon which the series is based said that they were inspired to write it while watching Stevie Nick's and Lindsey Buckingham interact on stage in a concert video. And it's clear that the band is modeled after Fleetwood Mac.

Forgot to mention that Elvis's granddaughter plays Daisy Jones.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Did he get political? I'm hesitant to watch stand up shows because so many end up losing me with their lefty proselytizing .
    Generally entertaining.

Was not a political show. He may or may not have mentioned Trump but did not dwell on him as I would have turned it off. Poked some fun at the woke crowd. Abortion comments I did not agree with but not delivered in a preachy way.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I binged it a year or so ago. I forget exactly what it was, but I didn't finish the last season because it broke woke. Just beware, I guess.
    I had already noticed a lot of gay folk, a tranny or two, religious people are generally dumber than the atheists.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

The New Barbarians

Plot​

In the year 2019, after a nuclear war, humanity is reduced to a few starving groups. A ruthless gang called "The Templars" constantly raid settlers in an attempt to exterminate everyone in order to purge the Earth. A former Templar, Scorpion, along with his allies, prevents a small band of religious colonists from being massacred by the Templars.

1678056018135.png

As usual, Hollywood doesn't know how to make a 'battle'.
    Standing out in the open.
    Running around needlessly.
    Can't should a rifle and use the sights.
    Can't make a barricade.
    lack of light/sound discipline
    Can't figure out that you can't keep running straight in front of cars, you need to run to the side
    Women have big hair and revealing outfits so the bad guys know they're women and can single them out.
    etc.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am currently watching Designated Survivor on Netflix with the family. Interesting portrayal of POTUS. I think it should be required watching for all current and future POTUS.

And my wife and I just finished the War of the Worlds series on Prime/MGM+. Great story that has a twist compared to the original story.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Barney Miller
    Oldie but goodie.

I’m currently re-watching parts of Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister.

Probably the best British comedy ever made and wickedly accurate today even though it’s what, forty years old now?

If you’ve never seen it, go hither and watch.

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    The author of the book upon which the series is based said that they were inspired to write it while watching Stevie Nick's and Lindsey Buckingham interact on stage in a concert video. And it's clear that the band is modeled after Fleetwood Mac.

Forgot to mention that Elvis's granddaughter plays Daisy Jones.
    4 episodes in, and I'm almost ready to punt. Not that it's a bad show, just not getting my interest.

Top Bottom