What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dolemite was awesome.....Not just funny but inspirational as well...I loved it.....My papaw had two of Dolemite's albums when I was a kid...I didn't realize that's whose albums he had until I saw the covers in the movie....:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

R-12886626-1544033954-8763.jpeg.jpg

a7716e61-7503-48e2-9481-25bad2ab6ee0.jpeg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Living with Yourself - A Netflix original series starting Paul Rudd. He plays a guy that's semi-deppressed and stuck in a rut with his work and home life so he goes to a "spa" on the recommendation of a co-worker to have his DNA enhanced, but winds up with a clone of himself that's better in every way.

It's pretty interesting in the way that it's shot and edited. It's sort of a dark comedy, but the way they present the story is neat because they play with time and show scenes over lapping from different character perspectives. It's also weird seeing Paul Rudd playing a loser type character. He is really good in it, playing both roles and interacting with himself a lot.

It's 8 episodes, all less than 30 minutes. Once you get through the first one it picks up steam pretty quick. I plowed through it last weekend in two sittings and I'm still thinking about it. It's hard to describe, but I liked it.

[video=youtube_share;5w54yW2Ur50]http://youtu.be/5w54yW2Ur50[/video]

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If ever there was a time I thought you should be banned....

Hah, I'm trying my best to see things I should have seen by now. Figured since the movie took place in November 2019, it was appropriate. It's nice to see they were optimistic enough to assume Atari would still be around as a major player. They did correctly predict that Coke would dominate Pepsi. Never did get past green phosphor CRT monitors, though I understand when predicting the future they couldn't necessarily know how to fake an LCD. It's kind of odd... today we can make-up future tech with ease... but in 1982 it was all so new that it wasn't easily predicted.

On the topic of Harrison Ford... I've still never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies... they're on my list.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Really?!?

Watch them in order, of course, but I'll give you my personal ranking.

1. The last crusade
    2. Raiders of the lost ark
    3. Temple of doom
    4. Crystal skull

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Really?!?

1. The last crusade
    3. Temple of doom
    4. Crystal skull

Crystal Skull really doesn't belong on the list at all and isn't really worth watching unless you just want to laugh at it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Hah, I'm trying my best to see things I should have seen by now. Figured since the movie took place in November 2019, it was appropriate. It's nice to see they were optimistic enough to assume Atari would still be around as a major player. They did correctly predict that Coke would dominate Pepsi. Never did get past green phosphor CRT monitors, though I understand when predicting the future they couldn't necessarily know how to fake an LCD. It's kind of odd... today we can make-up future tech with ease... but in 1982 it was all so new that it wasn't easily predicted.

On the topic of Harrison Ford... I've still never seen any of the Indiana Jones movies... they're on my list.

In 1982 there was no CGI. So would have been really cheesy to simulate even if their imaginations would have dreamed it.

Wait. WHAT? You’ve never seen a Indiana Jones movie?

Mods. Perma-uber ban for the INGO memberberry known as GP-whatever.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Really?!?

1. The last crusade
    3. Temple of doom
    4. Crystal skull

And you're on the thin ice with GPIA too, with that nonsense. Raiders of the Lost Ark, clearly is the best.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I would go with Raiders, Temple, Crusade. Not a lot of distance between them though. So no one needs banned because of mis-ordering them: you’re forgiven. Chrystal Skull makes the list just because it’s on the list.

ccha8778

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2019
    The Region
    Netflix Favs: Mad Men, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, The Seven Five, Sons of Anarchy

Prime Favs: The Wire

Those shows and the documentary are highly addicting in my opinion and should keep you entertained for a while haha.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Crusade - 10
    Raiders - 9.9
    Temple - 5
    Crystal skull - negative 2
    Yup.

I made my wife watch Temple (non Netflix) - because it's Indiana Jones and I love that movie!

Then when it was over, my wife and I looked at each other:
    "Wow, I don't remember that movie being that bad."
    "Kate Capshaw is a shrill, hollow stand in."
    "The action just doesn't stop, so there's no time for any plot or characters or ..."
    "huh."
    "huh."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

At least you're doing it. Just because announcing them - some of us have we hearts. :faint:

I've been doing the same with my wife - made her watch Monty Python & the Holy Grail, Apocalypse Now, Temple of Doom, Rosemary's Baby, Night of the Living Dead, etc., etc.

At a minimum, she now gets all the movie quotes. Like when I lose something and search for it at home: "Just give me back that [thumbstick], Lance. It's a good [thumbstick], and I will not harm you; just give it back."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom