What are you continuing to stock up on before the election?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Powder, primers, bullets; at least enough to make a few thousand rounds. And, of course, several thousand rounds of .22 Long Rifle. In fact the other day picked up a 525 round brick of Remington Golden Bullets at local Dunhams for $34.99. Not bad at all.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Last week went to pick up an enfield with the Magazine Cut off still intact... Had it shipped to U.S.. Defense Solutions.. Well when I go to pick it up, had some issues trying to figure out how to get the Cut off (Or in Doggydaddy speak second Safety) to disengage.. I seriously thought about calling DD to show up so I could give him a little payback and I would play out the second safety routine there for the benefit of all the fine folks at USD.. But as in all good humor , great events are hard to repeat, and figured I would only get kicked out of the store and asked never to darken their doorway again.. Some stores, up here in Canada, insist on higher standards from their customers..

Indy1919 told me to poke doggydaddy over his recent AR 15 binge buying....At a mutual friend and customer's request I poked....Plus he's a Canadian.....One day I will tell you of the 2 hour "the safety is broke on this 1903 Springfield" dilema that has provided indy1919 and myself hours of good natured ribbing at doggydaddy's expense...

And then I can tell you about the last words I said to my wife before life saving surgery was getting ready to be performed on me...To be fair to me I had a pretty good jolt of morphine in me when I looked at her and said, "Tell doggydaddy I got his PM on those frenchy revolvers...Manhurin's...I just can't do it now..."

When I came too the next day and she said, "WTF is a doggydaddy and why am I supposed to tell him you ain't going to be getting a frenchy revolver...INGO????? Is that like a code for something....."

:) True story...Last thing I saw was doggydaddy's PM as wife was taking me to the Doctor...I didn't have time to respond so when the morphine kicked in I wanted her to let doggydaddy know I wasn't ignoring him because of his Canadianess...

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    And then I can tell you about the last words I said to my wife before life saving surgery was getting ready to be performed on me...To be fair to me I had a pretty good jolt of morphine in me when I looked at her and said, "Tell doggydaddy I got his PM on those frenchy revolvers...Manhurin's...I just can't do it now..."

This is a lesson to all, Now I am not faulting you Indiucky, you were seriously ill, on Medication and considering playing Hobnob with the angels..

But you had a really good opportunity to get a "free" gun there, If ever anyone else is in the same situation, one should say to the spouse.

"Its the only thing I ever wanted besides you".. I bet if you uttered those words, you would have a Manhurin, right now as we type... :)

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I've been buying 22LR here and there when I see it somewhere on sale. I need to pick up some more 147gr 9mm and 55gr .223 bullets. Maybe a few more Glock 17 mags.

Other than that, I have pretty much everything I will need for a while.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    In good shape as regards to ARs and mags, may add some USGI mags if I can get a bargain. Wouldn't hurt to at least another 1-2000 rds of 223/5.56 and I'm always looking for quality .22lr ammo at a good price.

Doublehelix

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I was in Gander Mountain yesterday, and saw a "Special" on 1000 rds of Federal .223 for $465! That is over 46 cents a round. The salesman told me what a great price this was! I laughed in his face and walked away. The hysteria has begun it appears. When .223 ammo starts going for 46 cents a round in a batch of 1000 as a "great deal", then election time must be close at hand. BTW, I can still find it for 30 or 31 cents a round online for brand new brass Federal, so it is definitely time to start packing in some more ammo.

Someone mentioned 2K rounds per caliber, I think that is a safe (low-end) amount, but when you hear the liberal media commenting on shooters, you hear how they have "stockpiled" hundreds of rounds of ammo and had 2 handguns and an assault rifle... so are we all terrorists now? They made a big deal out of the Dallas idiot how he had been "stockpiling for years", yet he only had a couple of thousand rounds, 2 handguns and the AR. They also made a big deal about how he had taken tactical training. So which is it folks? Do you slam gun owners for not taking training, or do you slam them for taking training? I guess it fits what ever agenda they have at the time.

Boy, did I go off on a tangent rant there! Sorry! This whole election has me on edge.

Top Bottom