• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I can't imagine getting rid of the watch.
    My cell phone seems to die when I need it (from excessive interneting).
    The mill is rough on phones. I carry one, but sometimes I have to leave it in the shop.
    Greasy hands, and extreme heat are bad for the phones.
    Heck, I had a watch go bad when I was working on an operational combustion chamber. Ignited the plywood I was trying to use as a heat shield.
    So, I wouldn't want to subject a phone to that.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Wearing a watch is just 'sooooooo 20th century' I guess. But I'll keep the ones I have. They're functional jewelry.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I wear a watch. Started wearing the first Timex in 1966. I am generally a pretty prompt person. Easy to notice the time when you are around people without making a big deal of it. I can use functions like stop watch and timer with one hand. Pretty handy when you are a range officer running a match. I can see it in bright light as well as dim, which is something I cannot dependably do with a smart phone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was always a no watch guy. I never really needed one growing up. My early professional career was spent in TV and radio newsrooms which have digital clocks everywhere (down to the second).

Now that I'm getting older and have a good corporate job I wear a watch everyday. I'm old-school in that I feel men should have a decent watch.

I bought a Citizen Eco Drive that is amazing. It charges with light, so I never have to change the battery. It is also connected by radio signal to the Atomic clock, so I never have to set it. It also automatically sets itself to the local timezones when I travel.

Real men wear watches, carry booze in a flask and put revolvers in shoulder holsters.

But where do you keep your buggy whip??

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I've wore a watch since I was in middle school. Timex guy here. Currently an Expedition. Love my Indiglo.
    I use mine every day and carry a cell phone. The only time it comes off is before my morning shower.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I probably have about 10 or 12 watches that I only wear on dress occasions. My favorites are the self winding skeleton watches.

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    Probably a half dozen watches, always wearing one; 2 dive watches (used for diving), two Movados, one company watch gift and a fairly old Timex Indiglo Expedition (with a cloth/leather/Velcro strap) - all with hands, none digital.

Movados worn at work and Expedition on the weekends (in pools, at the range:ar15:, hiking, cutting grass, etc.).

I guess I am officially old:dunno:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    All of you who still wear a watch probably ride a horse to work, have to crank your phone to make a call and write a check for everything! It's the 21st century. Move on!

"I have a fancy gadget that I wear on my arm that tells time!"

Big deal. I have a fancy gadget that tells time, temperature, lets me watch tv, does my taxes and gives my a massage when I need it.

Purple implied where needed.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    The face of my watch says "Quartz". There's no name, front or back. It costs me about $15-20 at WallyWorld and will last close to two years. When the battery dies, I go buy a new one.

"A person with one watch has a pretty good idea what time it is. A person with two watches is never sure..."

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I'm an analog watch face guy. A good sweep hand watch can be useful for basic navigation should I ever be stuck with out compass and map. I've never had any expensive time pieces though. (I'm cheap like that). I'm pretty rough on bands and pins, so I like the Timex Expeditions as they are pretty hearty. One once prevented me from having some serious damage done to my wrist. I had an electric pallet jack go a little nuts, pinning my arm against a cooler door jam. My wrist slammed into the latch stud, but the watch face took the brunt of the force. I ended up with a ripped up pinky finger, down to the tendons, that took quite a few stitches to mend. I still have that watch and it works just like new. If I hadn't been wearing it, I probably would have suffered a compound fracture.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Watch?

841e8c78-31b5-4d61-b8c0-88d9e0b62d65_zps21e1c8bb.jpg

Snapdragon, my iPhone says you're 10 minutes slow.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Camhickey
    Top Bottom