Wanna stop a future AWB? Then get your butt in here now!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Nah, but seriously, getting us all together in one community is not a bad idea, but I could seriously do without a huge portion of ar15.com members.

I doubt we will have any problems with a huge portion. There are several pro gun sites, vendors, and others involved. The idea is a central hub were we can plan and then take back to our respective sites and spread the word. We all have a common interest. Sending letter is great but if thousands more sent letters at the same time they might get the point.

Here is a link to the new site.

RIGHTtoKeepAndBearArms.com • Index page

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sorry USMC_0311 have been taking a 48 hour BREAK from the 2nd Amend stuff. It got to the point where I was just thinking and thinking scared of what is to come and reading on here and elsewhere how everyone is panicking and buying guns and ammo.

I was noticing that I was going crazy trying to read and post and read and post some more and feeling helpless as the situation. I'm in a real uphill battle in NW Indiana as
    1) my US REP is Visclosky which is an NRA F rate rep and the few times I have mailed him stuff he replies with what he thinks is best for me and the rest of us. I must give him credit for voting NO to the $700b bailout but he is no friend of the 2nd Amend and unless I can convience all of NW Indiana on this issue he is going to vote for the AWB.

2) Our Senators well you and I are in the same boat with those reps.

So as you can see I had to take a small break and regroup my thoughts.

Here is what I really need some help with.

1) Sample letters (1 pagers) that I can sit down with someone have them read it and then hand write their own based of it.

My goal is simple, start with a list of friends that have never gone to the range. Take then and let them fire the .22, go to eat afterward and then tell them it was fun right? Too bad it will be banned soon and explain the situation and then get the to write a letter on the spot. =)

Can't take everyone with me but for those that I can't a small 1 pager on what "really" is an Assault Weapon. Too many people I talk to think they can go into a gun store/show and walk out with an AK-47 or black gun that shoots full auto just like the movies. They are surprised when I tell them you can not that those guns can not be bought by civilians that only semi-auto which I explain and they have this look of like "what? I bullet per pull?"

ps.
    Just registered on the other board.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm registered also, when he gets around to it.

Here's a quote from the first serious post on the site. A bunch of AR15 guys? I don't think so....

BTW, we may as well use this first thread to discuss how we wanna organize this place, as far as sections, sub-sections and so forth. I think we need a general section where people can shoot the bull. But it needs to have pretty strict rules to prevent political bickering and so forth. Perhaps even set it to private view and grant access only to those who have thick enough skin to join it. I elect we name that section "The Bar and Grill".

Otherwise, I'd like to see a General 2nd Amendments Rights section, a women's section or sub-forum and the section for all the states. Otherwise, I have no idea what else should be here. You guys have any suggestions in mind?

We have a lot to do people. Read the first post of this thread or don't, but if you're going to talk about action, act on the talk. We need a lot of people to make this work, online and off. Get involved.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Someone who can post can you please advise that we don't need all those channels. We do not need to re-duplicate all these the other fourms.
    That new website has 1 focusus and 1 only.
    GUN RIGHTS AND CONGRESS.

Possible channels
    1) Sample Leters
    2) Congress Mke Up
    3) Events and Marches

We must stay focus and not expand or we will loose steam

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I'm in....

I just found this thread and registered, just waiting for the email confirmation now.

Looking forward to some good discussion and crushing the antis!!!:draw:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    1) my US REP is Visclosky which is an NRA F rate rep and the few times I have mailed him stuff he replies with what he thinks is best for me and the rest of us. I must give him credit for voting NO to the $700b bailout but he is no friend of the 2nd Amend and unless I can convience all of NW Indiana on this issue he is going to vote for the AWB.

I'm up here with you. When it comes to 2a Rights I can mobilize a dozen ppl not on this forum (probably more) to protest at his office.

He listened on the bailout and he WILL listen to us on the 2a should be get enough people. He is all about reelection.

As to the senators, we need to kick both of them. ASAP.

This needs to be mroe than letter writing. We need BOOTS ON THE GROUND. All those lazy fat armchair wanna be's at ar15.com need to realize that. They want to fight it, they'll have to actually do something. Heck I'll bring boxes of twinkies to coax them out of their parents basements if I have to!

No more games. This is a great FIRST step. It needs to be a lot more letters (and faxes and phone calls).

BTW Next time I deal with Lugar I'll be doing so with some pull so he may not be a lost cause this time around. We shall see.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You need boots on the ground you tell me where and when.
    I've almost brought my mom over to our side (she belives in guns *WITH* regulations right now) and is seeing that BO is NOT what he said she is. She does citizenship classes and has a huge hispanic block of listeners that will listen. Many come from central american countries and know first hand what a populce with no guns means.
    Many waiting for years to come to the US leaving behind their family and homes in search of better living.

I've be blabing my mouth for over a month now to all my "lazy' friends that say BO is bad but have done nothing. I;m sure a little more pushing and I canget them to move.

You are very right we need boots like no tomorrow like yesterday

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm up here with you. When it comes to 2a Rights I can mobilize a dozen ppl not on this forum (probably more) to protest at his office.

He listened on the bailout and he WILL listen to us on the 2a should be get enough people. He is all about reelection.

As to the senators, we need to kick both of them. ASAP.

This needs to be mroe than letter writing. We need BOOTS ON THE GROUND. All those lazy fat armchair wanna be's at ar15.com need to realize that. They want to fight it, they'll have to actually do something. Heck I'll bring boxes of twinkies to coax them out of their parents basements if I have to!

No more games. This is a great FIRST step. It needs to be a lot more letters (and faxes and phone calls).

BTW Next time I deal with Lugar I'll be doing so with some pull so he may not be a lost cause this time around. We shall see.

You need boots on the ground you tell me where and when.
    I've almost brought my mom over to our side (she belives in guns *WITH* regulations right now) and is seeing that BO is NOT what he said she is. She does citizenship classes and has a huge hispanic block of listeners that will listen. Many come from central american countries and know first hand what a populce with no guns means.
    Many waiting for years to come to the US leaving behind their family and homes in search of better living.

I've be blabing my mouth for over a month now to all my "lazy' friends that say BO is bad but have done nothing. I;m sure a little more pushing and I canget them to move.

You are very right we need boots like no tomorrow like yesterday

I take back everytime I ever said "The farther North you go, the dumber they get!" It's still somewhat true, but you guys musta broke the mold. That is unless you werent born and raised up there.... :yesway:

Either way, Promethus is right, this is only a first step. We have more work to do than any of us can really fathom. But if we work hard and get the attention of the MSM, we can win the day. There was a SMALL segment on NBC news last night about the increase in Gun sales. It featured Wayne LaPierre and some DmbFk from Brady. Lasted maybe 3 minutes or so. WE HAVE TO GET THEIR ATTENTION!!! Hell, INGO's Website is enough to educate the Anti's, but this new website is just a common ground for ALLL gun owners EVERYWHERE from every gun site. Not just us, not just ARFCOM. All sites. If we want to survive, we have to have common goals. This is where we get those and discuss how to get there. Let's make the best of the time we have because time is running out.

:patriot:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Someone who can post can you please advise that we don't need all those channels. We do not need to re-duplicate all these the other fourms.
    That new website has 1 focusus and 1 only.
    GUN RIGHTS AND CONGRESS.

Possible channels
    1) Sample Leters
    2) Congress Mke Up
    3) Events and Marches

We must stay focus and not expand or we will loose steam

Yes I just checked on the sites progress and I agree way to many channels. I think they just took a good idea and screwed it all up. I think it needs to to be setup for donations but to segregate members by how much they give is bull. A classified section...bull. Not to be a feminist but women don't need there own area on this site. They have the same 2nd admendment rights as men do. We all are in this together with ONE COMMON GOAL. This site should be about focusing on that goal not about socializing. I am really disappointed now. Anybody have an "IN" with these guys setting this up? I still have not been approved to login and post.

Last edited:

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Not really an "IN" but the chat room is a good spot to give input. 3 main people. "charging_handle", "Harry", and "WildWilli".

And it can be changed easily.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I don't know now. It seems like a lot of AR15 members running the show maybe we need to get Prometheus to get out his twinkies and pay AR15 a little visit. The idea was to draw from all the different sites not replace them. I am first and foremost an INGO guy and while I will visit AR15 from time to time its not my home. I wish Fenway was heading this thing up :D.

I don't know these guys but maybe someone from our site can comunicate better. I tend to **** people off for some reason. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I agree, that site just screwed the pooch. THey aren't building around a common goal at all, just trying to make their own forum. We don't need another gun rights forum, we need an action forum. We need them to get their head out their ass and take some suggestions.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I've been contacted to help with the site. I'll send them a link to our forum so they can check out some of the suggestions.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been talking with them myself on the chat. Trying to figure out where they are really going with this.

Top Bottom