• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The rummage sale fundraiser for my little girl is tomorrow and we have been collecting items for a couple weeks now. During that time, my wife met a woman at a Girl Scout sign-up who just moved to Indy while her husband is deployed in the sandbox. The woman has three children, one who has special needs. They also have nothing. Nada. Not a single thing in her apartment. The kids have been sleeping on an air mattress and they eat off paper plates on the floor. We felt so blessed at the generosity the community has shown us that we felt compelled to help her. We had a table and chairs, recliner, dishes, dressers, a bed, end tables and TVs and other items, all donated, that they need so we loaded them all up into the truck and took them to her. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't have the words to express her joy and appreciation and it felt great. Of course she wanted to give us something in return and of course we declined. Our kids are going to the park together for a play date on Sunday and I thanked her for her husband's service and their sacrifice.

Thank you INGO, for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay everyone on here for their generosity except to keep it going. What a great community we have here. :ingo:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Sewing and reaping----sewing and reaping... It's a fact of life from the Big Guy above. Best part is, you can't outgive Him.

Blessings to you VUPD. My prayers go out for you and yours.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Thank you INGO, for everything. I don't know how I will ever repay everyone on here for their generosity except to keep it going. What a great community we have here. :ingo:

Continue being who you are. That is the value you bring to the group and to every life you touch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well done. Do they need anything else....at all.

You owe nothing to us for anything we have done. Continue being who you are and making a difference.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Great Job Nick!!!

FYI get her to an American Legion or VFW for some more support. If you need some advice on one that's close shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

She should also check with her husbands FRG, Family Readiness Group, they should be able to help as well.

Let me know if I can do anything else. I feel very strongly about helping families of Deployed Vets, mine was one once and while we didn't need for anything it's still nice to know that there are those out there that care and help out.

NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Kudos... Thank you for your service to the community (at all levels).

Still praying for healing for Addyson. Concur with the VFW/American Legion suggestion. There is a national program called 'Unmet Needs' that exists just for this situation.

PM me if you need/want more information.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Well done! :yesway:

The rummage sale fundraiser for my little girl is tomorrow and we have been collecting items for a couple weeks now. During that time, my wife met a woman at a Girl Scout sign-up who just moved to Indy while her husband is deployed in the sandbox. The woman has three children, one who has special needs. They also have nothing. Nada. Not a single thing in her apartment. The kids have been sleeping on an air mattress and they eat off paper plates on the floor. We felt so blessed at the generosity the community has shown us that we felt compelled to help her. We had a table and chairs, recliner, dishes, dressers, a bed, end tables and TVs and other items, all donated, that they need so we loaded them all up into the truck and took them to her. The look on her face was priceless. She didn't have the words to express her joy and appreciation and it felt great. Of course she wanted to give us something in return and of course we declined. Our kids are going to the park together for a play date on Sunday and I thanked her for her husband's service and their sacrifice.

Top Bottom