• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You and the rest of them like you can shove your technology and distancing right up your own rearend.
    I know INGO may not like technology or keeping crowd size down, but how would you propose dealing with the next epidemic? Vaccines? Enforcement of lock downs at point of gun as was done in many chapters of Indiana history? Pretend the next virus does not exist? Stomping feet and turning red? Please advise.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Technology that allows more remote access, e.g. Zoom, Teams, etc. or remote shopping or driveless taxis, etc.

Distancing is keep the crowds down no people don't expose themselves to others as much. Not hard to imagine.
    Those strategies were predicated on the wish that we'd develop a vaccine that would provide immunity and therefore stop the spread of the virus. Keeping people separated and locked down was a theory that would "slow the spread" until everyone could get immunized. Unfortunately, the sad fact is when it comes to airborne respiratory viruses, we're all going to get it--probably several times, sooner or later.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Those strategies were predicated on the wish that we'd develop a vaccine that would provide immunity and therefore stop the spread of the virus. Keeping people separated and locked down was a theory that would "slow the spread" until everyone could get immunized. Unfortunately, the sad fact is when it comes to airborne respiratory viruses, we're all going to get it--probably several times, sooner or later.
    Inshallah Epidemiology?

Yes, slowing the spread so we can get on top of treatment and potential cures. How is that wrong? Trade space for time, a la SK Timoshenko in 1941.

Given that history is written in waves of plague, why ignore a threat and not prepare for it?

Technology can space us out, kill the virus (indoor UV filters, etc.) and provide treatment and cures. I just don't see how pretending a threat does not exist and living with blinders on for the sake of politics helps anyone.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For those that do not remember there were many stories of people deliberately coughing on others, licking groceries, spitting on others, or even licking debit cards as forms of political protest during the last Covid wave. We should not do that.

We can find a sane path against a public health threat and not act insane as forms of political protest. I know INGO is angry at the government, good. Please stay that way. Nothing wrong with it and is the proper default setting. But we need not abandon reason.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I just don't see how pretending a threat does not exist and living with blinders on for the sake of politics helps anyone.
    Pretending locking down entire economies, stunting the next generation's education, forcing people to choose between a genetic serum and their jobs would stop a respiratory virus certainly did not work. We've been reaping the rewards for all of that for over three years. With excess deaths and yet to be known effects of the vaccines, we'll likely be reaping those rewards for years to come.

I don't see how pretending the measures that did not work before will work this time. Living with those blinders still on will not help anyone.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    When .gov lies literally about every facet of the ******** pandemic and puts forth a very robust effort to silence anyone that knows they are lying. Well **** .gov and anyone who supports them in their nefarious endeavors. All animus aside if you want to be taken seriously you will need to address your previous behavior here on ingo. Calling people names because they did not buy Into the now obvious for everyone lies being told. That is not politics those are simply the facts. If you are not willing to admit you were wrong because you were lied to as well and then used your exceptionally abrasive personality to try and goad people into compliance. Well I doubt many here would be willing to listen to anything you have to say wether it’s helpful or not. My oldest also had to choose between his military career or the shot and decided he couldn’t do without his job. I now worry more about his health than my own. I don’t fault you for making a tough decision but I do for your behavior here.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Pretending locking down entire economies, stunting the next generation's education, forcing people to choose between a genetic serum and their jobs would stop a respiratory virus certainly did not work. We've been reaping the rewards for all of that for over three years. With excess deaths and yet to be known effects of the vaccines, we'll likely be reaping those rewards for years to come.

I don't see how pretending the measures that did not work before will work this time. Living with those blinders still on will not help anyone.
    Technology remedies will prevent locking down economies or education. We don't have to act insanely by either closing restaurants or eating horse paste to "own the libs". If you don't want technology and distancing, then what do you want? More vaccines? Inshallah?

The next wave is coming, sooner or later, how should we prepare?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You and the rest of them like you can shove your technology and distancing right up your own rearend.
    Ok, you're angry and frustrated. Got it. How should ready for the next wave? What lessons can we learn so government does not resort to shooting holes in the economy or education efforts?

Call me names or tell me how to handle my empty spaces all you want, but this does nothing for Covid-24 or whatever is coming next. There will be another wave. .gov will act (wrongly and with force) in response. What alternatives to force do you have when they do?

Isn't it best to act now before .gov acts again?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I got jabbed as I was ordered. No impact (perhaps I was lucky). More and more science stacking up against most masking.

I think technology and distancing will be best, going to have to change American work ethic/practices too I think.

.gov science shot itself in the foot for the considerable future. Been reading a lot of Carl Schmitt lately (German jurist) and while he is revolting, I find his writings on the State of Exception wholly describe the Pandemic. Think there is an awesome law review article down that line of analysis.
    The masking hoax was already scientifically proven not to work but then it was all takin down from the internet when the murderer Fauci reversed course and said they worked. I stated long ago when covid just started hitting that I found on the internet information on the masks that they would not work and couldn’t and showed why. During Obama there was that outbreak and they discussed masking but the science said that’s crazy it won’t work and showed why. Then covid hit and Fauci bought stock and got paid to say masks work. I went back to find those sources to show people and the internet was scrubbed of all of them. And you trust these people enough still to take orders?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How did we prepare for all of the other influenza viruses? This one is actually less deadly than most of the others.

Talk to me if we have something that is actually a real threat to a large number of people. Until then, it is not worth preparing for.
    Doing nothing and hoping for the best is an option to be sure. Not sure it will be effective against hysteria.

Remember we lost 3 infantry divisions worth of soldiers during the Spanish Flu. Nearly as many KIA in the Great War.

Other influenza viruses? Well, we used lockdowns, fines for sneezing and coughing, spitting on sidewalks, social distances and bayonets.

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Technology remedies will prevent locking down economies or education. We don't have to act insanely by either closing restaurants or eating horse paste to "own the libs". If you don't want technology and distancing, then what do you want? More vaccines? Inshallah?

The next wave is coming, sooner or later, how should we prepare?
    Well I can see that your condescending attitude, ignorance and blatantly ignoring How you behaved before isn't going to change. You were wrong about the masks, wrong about the vax and just being an absolute ******* before. I can see that isn't going to change.

EDIT: @Kirk Freeman I see has still ignored the mask thread point out some of his.... follies.

Last edited:

gorge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Earth
    Technology that allows more remote access, e.g. Zoom, Teams, etc. or remote shopping or driveless taxis, etc.

Distancing is keep the crowds down no people don't expose themselves to others as much, a la typhoid and the Spanish Flue. Not hard to imagine.
    Remote work has been possible for 20+ years with VPN and the telephone. Remember when milk was delivered to your home? How about coal? Home delivery has been around for 70+ years.

There have been numerous posts about people who were socially distancing, masking, jabbing, and still caught covid and died.

Please take off the blinders so you can see the truth.

1693400095124.png

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Remote work has been possible for 20+ years with VPN and the telephone. Remember when milk was delivered to your home? How about coal? Home delivery has been around for 70+ years.

There have been numerous posts about people who were socially distancing, masking, jabbing, and still caught covid and died.

Please take off the blinders so you can see the truth.

View attachment 296100
    Except those deliveries are made by people. There are many many many industries that WFH is just not physically possible. Then what? Do you shut those down too? Then how does anyone get their food, medicine etc? How does a car get repaired? Or electric lines?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well I can see that your condescending attitude, ignorance and blatantly ignoring How you behaved before isn't going to change. You were wrong about the masks, wrong about the vax and just being an absolute ******* before. I can see that isn't going to change.
    I am sorry your feelings are hurt. I'll attempt to be more measured.

Masking has limited general effectiveness especially when not properly worn and used. The Covid-19 vaccines are effective but not effective as originally touted.

I don't know what you think I was wrong about and why it matters , but assume arguendo I was wrong about both.

With resepect. now what? What do we do about the next wave as it might hit harder than the first wave, a la Spanish Flu?

Top Bottom