• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    To be fair, I and DoggyMama got the first 2 jabs, no boosters. It was early on in the scamdemic and we were both in the "at risk" age group (allegedly). Won't happen again. I've made it clear to my doctor that I won't get another covid shot, and he's stopped asking.
    But you’re not saying you were ordered to. You acknowledge that it was a decision you made based on the information provided at the time. Being at risk I can understand the willingness to get the shots. But now that we know they do nothing to still get them is silly.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But you’re not saying you were ordered to. You acknowledge that it was a decision you made based on the information provided at the time. Being at risk I can understand the willingness to get the shots. But now that we know they do nothing to still get them is silly.
    It was a little of both. Work was requiring it too (.mil employee), but then we went to all remote work so it was a moot point. We didn't know that would be a permanent thing at the time.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    It was a little of both. Work was requiring it too (.mil employee), but then we went to all remote work so it was a moot point. We didn't know that would be a permanent thing at the time.
    But you’re not a mouthy condescending lawyer from Lafayette telling everyone that they’re idiots so you get a pass imo.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But you’re not a mouthy condescending lawyer from Lafayette telling everyone that they’re idiots so you get a pass imo.
    That's true, I am not. :): I never suggested that anyone get the jab. I was always in favor of personal choice. After everything that's come out now, there's no way in hell I'd get one.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I got jabbed as I was ordered. No impact (perhaps I was lucky). More and more science stacking up against most masking.

I think technology and distancing will be best, going to have to change American work ethic/practices too I think.

.gov science shot itself in the foot for the considerable future. Been reading a lot of Carl Schmitt lately (German jurist) and while he is revolting, I find his writings on the State of Exception wholly describe the Pandemic. Think there is an awesome law review article down that line of analysis.
    You and the rest of them like you can shove your technology and distancing right up your own rearend.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I might, maybe, kinda understand the first time, if it was personal choice. Now? Nope. It should be freedom of choice. That freedom includes saying no and being respected for it. The only distancing that occurred the first time was the threat of distancing one from their paycheck. It was called a "lockdown"! Free citizens can get "locked down"? What are we, cell block Indiana?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    :shady: In thread warning to keep it civil. Several are right on the edge with their posts
    iu

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Technology and distancing? Please unpack this. What technology will stop this virus? What is meant by distancing? Social distancing? If so, by how much? What science has been conducted to provide some level of safety?

Technology that allows more remote access, e.g. Zoom, Teams, etc. or remote shopping or driveless taxis, etc.

Distancing is keep the crowds down no people don't expose themselves to others as much, a la typhoid and the Spanish Flue. Not hard to imagine.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I will almost guess vax passports, location monitoring and everyone gets to stay home!(even though that’s not even remotely possible for a functioning society)
    You know you can have sane measures that reduce risk without going totalitarian. Much of the history of this State was enforcing social distancing because of various outbreaks.

Top Bottom