• ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    23_Apr_3.jpg

Look M_Deaner, better grip, thumbs forward, less muzzle flip ;)

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    JOC, are you using truncated cone ammo, and what is the OAL?

ammo is fine. I got it apart and started looking close. Its a new gun from canyon creek that I just got last week. Its Rich's upgrade package.

I didnt find anything wrong but the sear, triggerbar and striker safety lever have been tweaked as part of his package.
    I am going to call him and talk tomorrow. I have had one of his before with no problems and he has a good rep on the XD boards. I am really suprised it acted up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Rhino,

Great to shoot with you today. Even if you had a double that I missed and a range equipment failure I ignored.

Mike

Eh, the range equipment thing is not a big deal, especially given everything else that went wrong!

I was totally messing with you on the double at first. Then when I looked at it, it really did look like two holes stacked vertically. Of course, had it been obviously one hole, I was still going to mess with you and whine for the double as long as I could until you gave me a failure to do right ... oh, wrong game. :D I was willing to roll on the ground and have a tantrum had it not been raining.

I was hoping you'd do the same on that target where I called the alpha-mike (the one that I still think I didn't shoot at!). I guess you were concentrating on the match and making sure it ran smoothly) to participate in my hijinx!

I should email Mark M and have him add the FTE for that stage for me.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I discovered today that my "jam" issue, is really me pushing the slide lock up with my thumb and unintentionally locking the slide back. I removed the slide lock half way thru the match and that resolved my issue.

Can anyone think of a reason i would need a slide lock lever in Limited? My mags dont slide lock anyway.

I realize the idea thing is to practice a better grip to resolve this but i dont think i have time to burn this in before state and area 5!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I discovered today that my "jam" issue, is really me pushing the slide lock up with my thumb and unintentionally locking the slide back. I removed the slide lock half way thru the match and that resolved my issue.

Can anyone think of a reason i would need a slide lock lever in Limited? My mags dont slide lock anyway.

I realize the idea thing is to practice a better grip to resolve this but i dont think i have time to burn this in before state and area 5!

If you are engaging the slide lock while shooting due to some sort of symptahic squeeze of the hand while firing the gun there are other issues here that changing of the equipment will not fix. If you are moving your hands and not just the trigger finger while shooting it is also playing havoc with your marksmanship. You have to keep everything still except that trigger finger. You need to fix the grip for that reason let alone to stop locking the slide back. Doesn't your left thumb rest on the other realease that is used to break the XD down when you have a good grip? Or are you locking it back with your right thumb? I cannot imagine that your right thumb is the problem. If it is the left hand has to be too low on the gun.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    I am locking it back with my right thumb. My XD has a bump around the slide lock so it was never a problem. The XDM does not have the raised area and I believe that during recoil, my right thumb is pushing it up. Not certain, I would have to have someone watch it or video it. All i know for certain is after i removed the slide lock lever, gun ran fine.

I understand that I need to fix my grip, just a matter of will i have time before state and area 5.

Perhaps I need to hire someone to smack me on the back of the head with a ruler?

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Great match all considered!!!!!! Loved shooting with my squad, the other RO's made it go real smooth even considering the rain. Mike did another great job on the stages. I really enjoyed having the young lady and her Father on our squad. She really seemed to enjoy herself, and if I am not mistaken I think he was a real proud poppa. Hope to see them both out again. 6 stages and got out of there around 1:30 AWESOME!!!! So I want to know is a flash light on a pistol legal or not in compitition.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    No it is not legal. At a club match if someone wants to shoot their carry gun with a light while wearing a concealment garment, I dont think anyone will get too upset. (OK they probably will but I dont think they should).

I will have to look up the rule later. I would guess this would be considered an "external weight".

Top Bottom