• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Sounds like you've never worked a day on your feet with your hands.

It's not easy being a Fed and working with your hands.

wheelchair-toddler-tsa-pat-down.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Different beauracires deal with different crimes, Border Patrol does not have the experience or expertise to adquatley investigate student loan fraud, conversely the Department of Education would be ill equipped to patrol the SW border.
    I'm okay with border patrol. Department of Education? Eh, I'm pretty sure they should just call the cops if they run into trouble.

Destro said:
    BLM went through the courts
    What about the rest of it. And then they deployed their commando mercenary thugs and toys. The guy quit paying for the land use, and used the land anyway. Seems like there's a simple remedy for that which wouldn't require all the tactical toys and thugs and 1st amendment zones.

I think we are applying the term SWAT a little loosely

I think we agree on that! :lmfao:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I'm okay with border patrol. Department of Education? Eh, I'm pretty sure they should just call the cops if they run into trouble.

What about the rest of it. And then they deployed their commando mercenary thugs and toys. The guy quit paying for the land use, and used the land anyway. Seems like there's a simple remedy for that which wouldn't require all the tactical toys and thugs and 1st amendment zones.

Your local police department does not have the resources or experience to conduct multijurisdictional investigations relating to fraudulent student aid, and the remedy that didn't involve tactical toys was Bundy getting off the land.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    How about just one federal police force? Eh? I mean does every government agency have to have one? It's like trending. Don't want to be the last agency without a swat team. I'd be surprised if the US Office of Government Ethics didn't have a swat team yet. And you would be correct,they do have SWAT teams.

If they're dealing with a matter that requires "enforcement", why can't they go through the courts, bring charges, and have real police do the enforcing?

The only reason the BLM wanted to go full on Waco on Bundy's ass is they wanted to finally have a reason to brake out the new toys.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...uinDyyzqZIfIP_FNBAWVaIg&bvm=bv.65058239,d.b2I
    Completing the initial requirements of the President's 2009 Hiring Reform Initiative,
    including establishing an agency SWAT team to map and streamline OGE's hiring
    process and re-writing Job Opportunity Announcements in plain language.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Your local police department does not have the resources or experience to conduct multijurisdictional investigations relating to fraudulent student aid, and the remedy that didn't involve tactical toys was Bundy getting off the land.

So if I win a court case against someone who owes me money I have the right to take their property by force?

I thought legally that was what property liens where for?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Aren't we talking about just enforcing a court order? But that's a moot point anyway since Kirk answered that elsewhere.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    So if I win a court case against someone who owes me money I have the right to take their property by force?

I thought legally that was what property liens where for?

yes, force can be used because it would then be your property. If someone is foreclosed/evicted and choses not to leave, that person can be forcefully removed. In the Bundy case, the court authorized BLM to round up the cattle and auction them off for non payment. Essentially a lien. Considering the court authorized BLM to seize the cattle in 1998, they obviously were in no hurry to do the job.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

They're only knowledgeable in investigating murder, gang activity, drugs, those lightweight crimes. Nobody says the DOE can't handle student loans, they just don't need a SWAT team.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    It's the BLM Ranger's job to enforce the court order.

Looks like there were some sheriff's deputies on scene, as well as Las Vegas police. Were they there to protect the Bloomers from the ranchers?

I'm guessing evictions are NOT in the Bloomer coppers job descriptions.

BLM Rangers

:dunno:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    p14.jpg

Postal Service SWAT/ERT circa 1924.....evidence the police state has been "rapidly" growing for 90 years. Obviously Obama supporters and freedom haters
    Those guys look like the bunch that took down Bonnie and Clyde.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Looks like there were some sheriff's deputies on scene, as well as Las Vegas police. Were they there to protect the Bloomers from the ranchers?

I'm guessing evictions are NOT in the Bloomer coppers job descriptions.

BLM Rangers

:dunno:

It is part of the BLM mandate to enforce federal law, and AFAIK, LVMPD etc. didn't show up until a bunch of busy bodies showed up with guns

Top Bottom