• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    The point in the article that i think is significant, is that there are so many branches of the federal gov't that all have their own police and swat forces. They all have tons of people armed to the teeth, buying up bullets and telling us that we are crazy for doing the exact same thing they are.

many of these agencies have been armed to the teeth for decades, in some cases centuries.

Shouldn't all our letter carriers be trained operators? lol

US%20Postal%20Inspector%20MP5%20Operator%20SWAT.JPG

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Dude, it took you that long to know he was a fed?:D

Why does the USPS need "assorted small arms ammunition"?

For their coppers.

How can you be a gun nut and not know that the Post Office has its own pooooleece? Dude, the Smith & Wesson M45, the Post Office training .22lr revovler. The handgun you are going to buy Kirk for his birthday in October? Remember?:D

Post Office used to have the highest conviction rate of federal LE. Not sure if this is still the case.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    LOL, not sure that a screen shot from "Three Days Of The Condor" of a hitman disguised as a mailman is going to rattle me too much, LOL.

Since I've had no issue obtaining ammo, doesn't bother me that the USPS wants replacement ammo for their armed officers.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    LOL, not sure that a screen shot from "Three Days Of The Condor" of a hitman disguised as a mailman is going to rattle me too much, LOL.

Since I've had no issue obtaining ammo, doesn't bother me that the USPS wants replacement ammo for their armed officers.

I found the hit scene in the 3DC very disturbing. Of course that wasn't a real mailman, just a CIA operator. Which somehow is not that much better.

Of course these things would never happen in reality, so it's back to rainbows and unicorns. :koolaid:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The country is $17,000,000,000,000.00 in debt. Taxpayers have a right to ***** about every cent the government spends.

All these armed bureaucrats can buy their own training and equipment (ammo) like people in other professional careers. They aren't entitled to a certain number of subsidized bullets per year.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How about just one federal police force? Eh? I mean does every government agency have to have one? It's like trending. Don't want to be the last agency without a swat team. I'd be surprised if the US Office of Government Ethics didn't have a swat team yet.

If they're dealing with a matter that requires "enforcement", why can't they go through the courts, bring charges, and have real police do the enforcing?

The only reason the BLM wanted to go full on Waco on Bundy's ass is they wanted to finally have a reason to brake out the new toys.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Auto mechanics spend thousands of dollars on their own personal sets of tools. So can these mailmen.

Ammo is a consumable used in the course of their duties, no different than PB Blaster, shop towels, Loctite, grease, brake kleen, and other misc. items a mechanic will not typically buy.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    How about just one federal police force? Eh? I mean does every government agency have to have one? It's like trending. Don't want to be the last agency without a swat team. I'd be surprised if the US Office of Government Ethics didn't have a swat team yet.

If they're dealing with a matter that requires "enforcement", why can't they go through the courts, bring charges, and have real police do the enforcing?

The only reason the BLM wanted to go full on Waco on Bundy's ass is they wanted to finally have a reason to brake out the new toys.

Different beauracires deal with different crimes, Border Patrol does not have the experience or expertise to adquatley investigate student loan fraud, conversely the Department of Education would be ill equipped to patrol the SW border.

BLM went through the courts

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Different beauracires deal with different crimes, Border Patrol does not have the experience or expertise to adquatley investigate student loan fraud, conversely the Department of Education would be ill equipped to patrol the SW border.

BLM went through the courts

SWAT aren't exactly 'investigators', are they? Any more than police detectives do the dynamic entry serving a warrant?

Kind of eerily reminiscent of the Romanian Securitate...

Top Bottom