• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Illinois had to provide us with more than merely a rational basis for believing that its uniquely sweeping ban is justified by an increase in public safety. It has failed to meet this burden.

anyone think they will honor IN LTCH?

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Nope...I doubt they will honor anyones. The only licenses they may honor are those that require training to obtain. That's just my thought on how the Communists will proceed. However, I'm not holding my breath that they will not find some way to circumvent the issue......as they've done for years.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

In all fairness, they actually honor EVERY permit as it pertains to Illinois law- to substitute for a FOID card. Specifically naming a LTCH from Indiana in the Illinois supreme court ruling. :twocents:

They have a ton of work to do and I hope they screw around so long that instead of creating a complex permit system they over-run their deadline (180 days) and create the 5th Constitutional Carry state.

:rockwoot:

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    In all fairness, they actually honor EVERY permit as it pertains to Illinois law- to substitute for a FOID card.

I don't know where you got that idea. Nonresidents are exempt from the FOID act. Actually, I do know where you got that idea, and it's still wrong.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Lisa Madigan should go into private practice, and enjoy her retirement from public service. She's effectively wasted a great deal of the Illinois taxpayer's money defending this ban in the past!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I don't know where you got that idea. Nonresidents are exempt from the FOID act. Actually, I do know where you got that idea, and it's still wrong.

Really. An Indiana resident was stopped in Chicago and had an unloaded handgun in his back seat console. He was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm without a valid FOID card.

Illinois recognizes any other state's permit as a FOID card. No permit, you cannot legally possess a firearm in Illinois unless you are under FOPA protection.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Really. An Indiana resident was stopped in Chicago and had an unloaded handgun in his back seat console. He was arrested and charged with possession of a firearm without a valid FOID card.

Illinois recognizes any other state's permit as a FOID card. No permit, you cannot legally possess a firearm in Illinois unless you are under FOPA protection.

As I stated before, you are wrong, and you have the facts in that case wrong as well.

Nonresidents are exempt from the FOID act:
    430 ILCS 65/  Firearm Owners Identification Card Act.

Also, a console is a "case" for purposes of Illinois law, so if the gun was unloaded and encased in the console, he would not have been in violation of any Illinois statute relating to transporting that firearm. That's why I suggest that you actually read that Illinois case again, because it does not stand for what you think it stands for.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    As I stated before, you are wrong, and you have the facts in that case wrong as well.

Nonresidents are exempt from the FOID act:
    430*ILCS*65/**Firearm Owners Identification Card Act.

Also, a console is a "case" for purposes of Illinois law, so if the gun was unloaded and encased in the console, he would not have been in violation of any Illinois statute relating to transporting that firearm. That's why I suggest that you actually read that Illinois case again, because it does not stand for what you think it stands for.

The part that pertains to the FOID and who is exempt is a recent version that appears to not go into effect until next year.

Source: P.A. 96-7, eff. 4-3-09; 97-1131, eff. 1-1-13

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I don't know about that. The taking a few years part to get them out there. As residents of the last state we have been chomping at the bit to get out there legally carrying.

Scout103

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    The only times I ever went to IL was when I was a kid, however this is a great step for the citizens of IL. It would be nice if they accepted our LTCH, but more than likely will not happen. However they may take the Utah non-resident since there is training involved for that license. It's a good day for all.

Top Bottom