• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    The part that pertains to the FOID and who is exempt is a recent version that appears to not go into effect until next year.

Source: P.A. 96-7, eff. 4-3-09; 97-1131, eff. 1-1-13

Wrong again.

Public Act 1131 97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

Link above contains all the edits to the FOID act from the "public act" you're quoting in underline. None of the exemptions for nonresidents were edited.

Nonresidents have been exempt from the FOID act for a LONG time, as long as they comply with the law that keeps them exempt (for example, unloaded/cased).

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Wrong again.

Public Act 1131 97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

Link above contains all the edits to the FOID act from the "public act" you're quoting in underline. None of the exemptions for nonresidents were edited.

Nonresidents have been exempt from the FOID act for a LONG time, as long as they comply with the law that keeps them exempt (for example, unloaded/cased).

I'll have to check the ruling agian, wherever I read it made it appear that they tried to uphold a ban on possession without FOID card for nonresidents.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

From the Chicago Sun-Times
    SPRINGFIELD - In a huge win for gun-rights groups, a federal appeals court in Chicago Tuesday tossed the state's ban on carrying concealed weapons and gave Illinois' Legislature 180 days to craft a law legalizing concealed carry.

"The debate is over. We won. And there will be a statewide carry law in 2013," said Todd Vandermyde, a lobbyist for the National Rifle Association.
    In a split opinion (see below), the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals reversed a lower court ruling in two cases downstate that upheld the state's longstanding prohibition against carrying concealed weapons.

Illinois is the only state with an outright prohibition on concealed carry.

read the rest at:
    http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2012/12/big_win_for_gun-rights_groups_federal_appeals_court_tosses_state_ban_on_carrying_concealed_weapons.html

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    BOLD PREDICTION:
    The crime rate in Illinois will drop in the subsequent years. May take a few to get some legal gun toting citizens out there.

I bet they will be so flooded with request for whatever type of license they have to have that the week it goes into affect there will instantly be a 6-9 month turn a round time because of the flood of applications.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I can see them lifting the ban, but putting so many restrictions on it that it will be nearly impossible for people to carry. They'll probably say people can't carry on trains, subways and busses, can't carry on school property, in banks, bars, churches, parks, etc., etc. People will be "allowed" to carry, but will be so restricted that they can't feasibly carry without breaking the law at some point in their errands.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I can see them lifting the ban, but putting so many restrictions on it that it will be nearly impossible for people to carry. They'll probably say people can't carry on trains, subways and busses, can't carry on school property, in banks, bars, churches, parks, etc., etc. People will be "allowed" to carry, but will be so restricted that they can't feasibly carry without breaking the law at some point in their errands.

I'm thinking they are going to be in a strong position to negotiate a favorable system. With the time deadline they should have control of how this goes.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Now let's hope they got reciprocity for other State's LTCH like Indiana. Cause then I can finally visit my friends and family over there without putting my gun in the trunk

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom