• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    The media, frankly, sucks balls. Of course, unless it's a lunatic carrying a gun on school campus, it's not a story. The media should have followed up to this story and discovered who called it in, what affiliation she had with the school, and what was eventually found in the trunk of that green/gray sedan that she saw this guy get out of. How hard is it?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can see why everyone was frightened in that case...

bassoon.jpg.png

THE GUNMAN WAS AN RPG-MAN!!!!!!!

rpg7img6250qs6.jpg

All too similar..........

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The media, frankly, sucks balls. Of course, unless it's a lunatic carrying a gun on school campus, it's not a story. The media should have followed up to this story and discovered who called it in, what affiliation she had with the school, and what was eventually found in the trunk of that green/gray sedan that she saw this guy get out of. How hard is it?

Did the witness say the guy left and the car was still there or did the guy drive away after she saw something?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Did the witness say the guy left and the car was still there or did the guy drive away after she saw something?

The IndyStar article I read said she saw the guy get out of a gray/green sedan, get in the trunk, where she then saw either a musical instrument case/gun case/or possibly a gun, and then she ducked down behind a car. Nothing reported after that.

So, if the vehicle was still there, why can't the reporters figure out of the police searched the trunk of that car? Or find out who the registered owner of that car was and question the owner?

I'm really thinking it was entirely a hoax with a political edge to it.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    this

another question, why did she not take note of where he went, follow him at a safe distance, etc.
    This story has changed enough since it came out I am having a hard time believing any of it now

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I met with the dean and the police "chief" today. Since the opportunity was there I inquired bout the availability of the report from that incident, but the officers told me there is little information on it that isn't already known. The reporter's name wasn't recorded and they saw what they thought was a gun in the back of the vehicle.

There is a "hush hush" meeting taking place for students to attend and voice their concerns and experiences from that day next week. High level administrators will be there to listen, but for some reason they aren't advertising it around at all...... hmm

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    but the officers told me there is little information on it that isn't already known

Nonsense. They make police reports for infractions.

Someone needs to go, IN PERSON, to the IUPUI Police and request a copy of the police request. No, not an e-mail. No, not a text message. Not, not a tweet. Go and request it and tell us what you find.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I met with the dean and the police "chief" today. Since the opportunity was there I inquired bout the availability of the report from that incident, but the officers told me there is little information on it that isn't already known. The reporter's name wasn't recorded and they saw what they thought was a gun in the back of the vehicle.

There is a "hush hush" meeting taking place for students to attend and voice their concerns and experiences from that day next week. High level administrators will be there to listen, but for some reason they aren't advertising it around at all...... hmm

This whole event stinks, from start to finish.

And the media? Well, they're all too busy crucifying some basketball coach or worrying about Michael Jackson's family getting $40B in the civil suit.

I appreciate all of your follow-up posts relative to this event, and will look forward to listening to the audio clips of these future meetings should they be posted. :yesway:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    This whole event stinks, from start to finish.

And the media? Well, they're all too busy crucifying some basketball coach or worrying about Michael Jackson's family getting $40B in the civil suit.

I appreciate all of your follow-up posts relative to this event, and will look forward to listening to the audio clips of these future meetings should they be posted. :yesway:
    It does, but if it were any sort of an "inside job" I would have expected much more resistance after that event.

I simply haven't received any. There are a surprising number of pro-gunners on our campus both in staff and students. They just keep their beliefs under wraps more so than the other side of the aisle. Even more to my surprise, the administration personnel I have met, while they may not agree with our stance, have been rather accommodating and more than willing to assist us any way they can.

I don't know that I want to post the direct audio clips because I'm not sure of any potential liability concerns, but you can expect an informative AAR comprised by me and my other officers.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Apparently, there was a smaller event last night which was held briefly. It was indeed recorded, as will Monday's event.

At least 3 members of SCCC's leadership will be present as well.

Where and when is this event? I can try to make it on Monday to join in and voice my opinions if needed. If the event is open to all please PM with details.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Where and when is this event? I can try to make it on Monday to join in and voice my opinions if needed. If the event is open to all please PM with details.
    Well, I guess it's "open" to all, but they are seemingly, purposely avoiding advertising it much. I think they just want to be reassured that how they performed was adequate, but that's just an assumption.

It's Monday about 12-1

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Im confused what the issue here is. Seems like everyone here wants to be able to carry everywhere, yet someone does it or is believed too and people start freaking out???

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Im confused what the issue here is. Seems like everyone here wants to be able to carry everywhere, yet someone does it or is believed too and people start freaking out???
    Everyone HERE wants to be able to carry.

People in society generally have developed in irrational, subconscious fear of firearms so much that they feel the need to be threatened by the mere sight or mention of one and start a huge fiasco such as the one in this thread.

Clear it up?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Everyone HERE wants to be able to carry.

People in society generally have developed in irrational, subconscious fear of firearms so much that they feel the need to be threatened by the mere sight or mention of one and start a huge fiasco such as the one in this thread.

Clear it up?

so basically there are some people who are all talk on this forum, and freak out at the sight of a gun in public?

Top Bottom