• silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    I told you there was more...

Remington firearms aren't all that.
    Speaking of Remingtons, anyone that would buy a Remington 700 fully knowing of their well published 50+ year safety issue is either nuts or needs to have their head examined.
    There is no freekin' shotgun in the world worth over 3000 bucks. Period. End of story. In other words your Caesar Guerini is way over priced. It ain't that smooth.
    John Browning was one of the greatest men to ever live.
    The best pump shotgun ever put into production was the Model 12.
    The Auto 5 has stood the test of time. Doesn't mean it's the best thing since sliced bread but they definitely been around since before anyone on this board was a gleam in your daddy's eye. Again, see above. John Browning was leap years ahead of his time.
    I don't get this whole Glock thing? You can turn them on their side and read a newspaper thru the gap. Shoot anything over 50 rounds and your trigger finger is a bloody mess from the trigger safety and you can't feel your hand. In other words, let's be honest, they are painful to shoot and the triggers suck. At least that's the case for me.
    I like my handguns to have a actual hammer. I can see what's going on in my peripheral vision and I don't have to wonder.
    Smith & Wesson makes the greatest revolvers money can buy.
    Colts are over priced and over rated but for the most part they are serviceable firearms.

I'm sure there's more but I think I've unloaded most of my biases. Thanks to the OP for giving me a place to vent!

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Them's fightin' words!

I suppose I could have gotten really lucky twice now, but my Ruger SR9c was my first handgun purchase and remains my EDC. I like it so much that, when I wanted to get something to take with me when I travel (which I do regularly, for work), I bought a second one.

Out of curiosity: what are your issues with it?

We hade one several years ago, and it had lots of issues, the worst being double-fire. It did it to both my husband and I, and we asked others to try it, all had some double-fires. Took it back to the LGS and it was sent to Ruger. Came back a little better, but still had issues. Traded. I remember a google search turned up posts about others having this issue. Apparently, there were some lemons. I found the slide awfully hard to pull back, but that wouldn't have been a deal-breaker.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The slide on the SR9c is tough. Smaller gun requires a stout recoil spring plus less surface to grab onto. But that is the nature of sub 4" barrel autos. All the SR9s I have shot were all very reliable. So...

Ruger SR9c is an example of a pistol that offers good value though not as much refinement as mord costly options. I am also impressed with the M&P shield in that price range.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    The slide on the SR9c is tough. Smaller gun requires a stout recoil spring plus less surface to grab onto. But that is the nature of sub 4" barrel autos. All the SR9s I have shot were all very reliable. So...

Ruger SR9c is an example of a pistol that offers good value though not as much refinement as mord costly options. I am also impressed with the M&P shield in that price range.
    I've shot many other small 9mms with much easier slides. The Sig P938 is much easier. We own several Springfield compacts from the XD line as well, no issues. The slide wasn't my biggest problem with the SR9C, though I really disliked it. My unpopular opinion is that there are much better choices out there than the SR9C.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Opinion.......... This site is about a waste of air. Certainly a waste of my money. The next time I want whining gossip or what "EDC" makes the latest fashion accessory I'll check back in.

You're an angry person.

This site is so terrible that you waste your time finding things to complain about on it? :dunno: That seems odd. If it is so bad then why bother with it at all?

first-i-lold.jpg

Apparently he's serious. LOL.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I've shot many other small 9mms with much easier slides. The Sig P938 is much easier. We own several Springfield compacts from the XD line as well, no issues. The slide wasn't my biggest problem with the SR9C, though I really disliked it. My unpopular opinion is that there are much better choices out there than the SR9C.
    That's a pretty popular opinion I think. Most people seem to be Glock, M&P or Springfield fans in that market. You don't see a very big SR series following on a forum like this.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

That sucks that you got such a lemon - though I'm sure that happens to all manufacturers. As i recall, the second generation of the SR9c (I never had an earlier one) was much improved, especially the trigger, and people reported problems with the earlier ones, and especially the SR9. But as far as I know, that was very early in the run, and by the time I got mine (beginning of 2012), they had pretty much worked all of the issues out.

Personally, I like the stiff slide and the heavy trigger.

So, in the $400 9mm pistol market, which do you consider to be a better value than the SR9c?

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am on my second SR9C, sold the first one but did not find a replacement that I liked better so I bought a second. They fit my hands better than most and after several hundred rounds of inexpensive ball ammo still not one failure. Great $400 gun.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I like the Blackhawk Serpa but it is too bulky, I prefer the Galco Matrix M7.

Someone should start an SR9 discussion thread.

The AK is the weapon of communists, revolutionaries and terrorists.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought an SR9c just to try and form an opinion. It is possibly the best general purpose $400 gun on the market. I liked the gun. I sold the gun to a friend. Had no reason to own it other then to keep as demo. Kind of wish I had it back actually.

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    i don't like colts, overpriced!, hard to find, only owned one, and it was at colt's factory longer than it was in my house!

i wouldn't buy any colt made after 1980!,and if was made before 1980, id have to get a hullva good price!

I have been a Colt collector for quite sometime. Many of my Colt 1911 pistols are of post 1980 vintage. All of them have proven to be fine weapons in most areas of critique. Given your expertise in these weapons, could you please enlighten me as to the problems you have seen, and any resolve you have found. You obviously have extensive experience with the Colt brand. Many thanks!

Last edited:

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I get tired of hearing people telling others that they shouldn't worry about scratches or finish wear on their guns. I understand that it will happen when you carry everyday or shoot the gun a lot. I'm fine with that, and a lot of my guns have quite a bit of wear on them. But, I can't understand the logic of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on a gun and not trying to take care of it. To me, it's like saying, " a laptop is a tool, so who cares if I drop it, leave it in the sun, or scratch the screen?"

I don't get why people put <4.5lb triggers in their carry guns. I seriously see no reasoning for this. If your gun came from the factory that way, that's one thing, but to install an aftermarket trigger in one seems pointless to me. I certainly don't want to be accused of installing a "hair trigger" in my pistol if I ever have to defend myself in court.

Mosin Nagants are not the greatest rifles in the world! Stop pretending they are. Yes, they are cheap. Yes, they are fun. Yes, they are rich in history. But, no, they are not great rifles.

I like this thread lol!

Top Bottom