• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Some people don't care if millions are killed by despots on the other side of the world, so long as it doesn't affect their paychecks.

The INGOtarian model of foreign policy

hear-see-speak-no-evil1.jpg

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Some people don't care if millions are killed by despots on the other side of the world, so long as it doesn't affect their paychecks.

These same people say we should just mind our own business, but that's apparently only a one-way street. When Iraq invaded Kuwait, the Saudis INVITED us into their country. We didn't just stomp on in there - we were invited. The Saudis feared they might be next on Hussein's list. These people think WE have to mind OUR own business, but it's okay that Bin Laden and the Taliban decided they were in charge of who the Saudis invited into their own country. Who put Bin Laden and the Taliban in charge of who the Saudis can invite into their country, anyway? And why does "minding your own business" only apply to US?

This is an excellent point. It will be lost on the INGO terrorist apologists however.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Don't we all believe in liberty around here? And personal responsibility? If you want to kill Muslims then go do so. That is your personal responsibility, not mine.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Don't we all believe in liberty around here? And personal responsibility? If you want to kill Muslims then go do so. That is your personal responsibility, not mine.

That was my position on homosexual marriage. If you want to marry your sodomy partner, then go ahead.

That's not good enough for you though. You want to use the force of government to make me recognize it. So, your faux cries of "personal responsibility" ring hollow when you advocate using big government as long as it suits your sense of morality.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    What genocide is taking place right now?

Genocide Watch has South Africa at Stage 6 of 8 and Stage 8 is denial after the fact.

But maybe you haven't been keeping up with events across the pond lately.

The times in human history when nothing atrocious is happening are far fewer than the times in which something is.

Soldier of Fortune - are you going to chip in for an ad or not? I'll go halfsies with you.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    That was my position on homosexual marriage. If you want to marry your sodomy partner, then go ahead.

That's not good enough for you though. You want to use the force of government to make me recognize it. So, your faux cries of "personal responsibility" ring hollow when you advocate using big government as long as it suits your sense of morality.

False. I am a firm advocate of zero government involvement in marriage .

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

So you don't believe in standing up and doing the right thing, to help those who are UNABLE to do for themselves?

Would you walk past a rape as it is being committed, saying "...not my responsibility"? How about the strangling and mutilation of a child? Would you walk past that as it happens and say "not my problem"? If you would not walk past that in your own neighborhood, why would you walk past that as it happens to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people on the other side of the world?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Genocide Watch has South Africa at Stage 6 of 8 and Stage 8 is denial after the fact.

But maybe you haven't been keeping up with events across the pond lately.

The times in human history when nothing atrocious is happening are far fewer than the times in which something is.

Soldier of Fortune - are you going to chip in for an ad or not? I'll go halfsies with you.

So genocide is taking place in Syria and South Africa and we're in Iraq and Afghanistan? Good to know our boys are out there preventing genocide.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    False. I am a firm advocate of zero government involvement in marriage .

:laugh:

That's one side of your mouth.

Here's what comes out of the other side: "But since they already recognize heterosexual marriages, I think we should expand government recognician to include homosexual marriage."

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    So genocide is taking place in Syria and South Africa and we're in Iraq and Afghanistan? Good to know our boys are out there preventing genocide.

We're in Afghanistan because they helped attack us.

Genocide did in fact occur in Iraq against the Kurds. If we hadn't gone (for WHATEVER reason), it would probably still be going on today.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We're in Afghanistan because they helped attack us.

Genocide did in fact occur in Iraq against the Kurds. If we hadn't gone (for WHATEVER reason), it would probably still be going on today.

Which we knew about for years and did nothing about it.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So you don't believe in standing up and doing the right thing, to help those who are UNABLE to do for themselves?

Would you walk past a rape as it is being committed, saying "...not my responsibility"? How about the strangling and mutilation of a child? Would you walk past that as it happens and say "not my problem"? If you would not walk past that in your own neighborhood, why would you walk past that as it happens to hundreds of thousands if not millions of people on the other side of the world?

What about you? How can you allow it to happen? Why aren't you there protecting them? Why do you own luxuries such as firearms instead of donating it to them?

Of course I couldnt walk past those sort of things. But I do have to prioritize. I have a family of my own to protect and provide for. A family that actually is my responsibility.

:laugh:

That's one side of your mouth.

Here's what comes out of the other side: "But since they already recognize heterosexual marriages, I think we should expand government recognician to include homosexual marriage."

False again. I think that the government making those sort of moral distinctions is an expansion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    When did we redeploy forces to Iraq?

The genocide against the Kurds took place in the late 80's. the Gulf war took place in the early 90's and we didn't return til 2003 and genocide against the Kurds is justification for us going into Iraq in 2003?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So the fact that we didn't help out the Kurds fast enough to suit YOU, means that we should never help anybody anywhere, ever?

I spent 6 months in Bosnia to keep genocide from recurring there. It's been going on for decades in Africa and we've done next to nothing and I'm supposed to believe that preventing genocide is a high priority when it comes to our foreign policy?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    The genocide against the Kurds took place in the late 80's. the Gulf war took place in the early 90's and we didn't return til 2003 and genocide against the Kurds is justification for us going into Iraq in 2003?

You said we are in Iraq now. That's all I was commenting on, because we're not.

Top Bottom