• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Never said he didn't support it, the media says he does. My point was the Rev's comment was if they vote the wrong way they will loose their jobs.... The Islamic view is, Gays will be put to death.

I Can't Spell It Out Any Clearer... Do You See The Difference Now???

JOB LOSS VS DEATH .... that is my only point.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't ever remember a "leader" of any kind talking about a proposed bill and referring to "punishment at the polls", who was saying that his opponents would be the ones doing the punishing. When gun owners get up and talk about the latest gun bill, pro- or con-, every time we talk about "punishment at the polls", we're saying that anyone who opposes our position will be punished. We don't say that anyone who agrees with us will be punished. So it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, the idea that this reverend was actually opposed to the bill but saying that agreeing with him would result in poll-punishing.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Never said he didn't support it, the media says he does. My point was the Rev's comment was if they vote the wrong way they will loose their jobs.... The Islamic view is, Gays will be put to death.

I Can't Spell It Out Any Clearer... Do You See The Difference Now???

JOB LOSS VS DEATH .... that is my only point.

Wait, what?

The Christian church leader said that politicians would be punished if they didn't facilitate the imprisonment or execution of homosexuals. The Muslim church leader says that homosexuals should be exiled to an island for the rest of their lives. Either way, the religious leader in question wants homosexuals dead and is advocating for this outcome. I don't see much difference in the level of peacefulness in either option.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    homer_facepalm.jpg

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I wish all you folks who are violently anti-gay would wake up and realize that individual rights and liberties of all kinds are inextricably bound together. Our 2nd amendment rights, which we so vocally defend, are no different of a right than the right of gays to love whom they want, which they so vocally defend. In this day and age where our rights of all kinds are under assault, can we afford to spend our time assaulting individual rights other than those we personally choose to champion?

I'm as red bloodedly hetero-sexual as Conan the Barbarian, but I am fully accepting of the decisions of others which affect only themselves. I put many things in that category such as (but not limited to): eating bacon
    not wearing seat belts
    smoking (tobacco or otherwise)
    drinking to impairment (while on foot)
    being obese
    cross dressing
    never bathing
    not wearing helmets on motorcycles
    man on man lovin' (note: woman on woman lovin' fires me up as long as I am invited and they are not ugly...this opportunity has never occured for me personally)

All of these are bad decisions in my mind, but we should be at liberty to make them.
    I also do not accept the "for the good of society" arguments be they religiously based or otherwise. Mankind has had homosexuality since it's inception and we have made it this far just fine. Don't believe me....read a little about Alexander the Great.

The sooner we all realize as individual citizens that those rights and liberties we so value are all bound at the core, the sooner we can unite against the stranglehold of those who would control us for their own gain...

QFT...my thoughts exactly...

I wonder also if the population is confused about the spread of HIV. It has happened before where the majority believe something out of ignorance and try to stop it. If we "KNEW" that HIV was spread ONLY by homosexuals, it would seem to be the right thing to do to try and stop it.

It would be interesting to see a poll of the country to see how many understand that it is spread through even heterosexual sexual acts.

Last edited:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    QFT...my thoughts exactly...

I wonder also if the population is confused about the spread of HIV. It has happened before where the majority believe something out of ignorance and try to stop it. If we "KNEW" that HIV was spread ONLY by homosexuals, it would seem to be the right thing to do to try and stop it.

It would be interesting to see a poll of the country to see how many understand that it is spread through even heterosexual sexual acts.

Wow, I hadn't seen the AIDS debate brought up in years... as to your point in the last paragraph, I think most of heterosexual America has almost forgotten about it. It just has no relevance to our lives, at least not amongst people I know. Remember the scare stories we all heard 20 or so years ago about how AIDS would be moving into the hetero community and devastating it... never happened.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i have a feeling this law is being pushed b/c of a nationwide problem with HIV in ugonda. (just taking a guess) its a little unfair to take that out on gays though they might have a slightly higher rate of Hiv (in this country anyways) it certainly isnt limited to gays by any means.

maybe a law that punishes people who knowingly spread HIV would be better. notice i didnt say who have HIV but those who do and know it and continue to sleep around could be punished would be a better law.

i dont know, maybe im missing it and its a law entirely based on culture but i bet its due to an HIV pandemic which should then take a much different approach.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    There have been quite a few posts recently about homosexuals. It's good to know that there are a lot of real Americans around here. Liberty isn't just for gun owners. It's for every American. On the other hand, it's very sad to me to see so many "Christians" smile and make jokes about bills like these. You aren't a Christian if you think homosexuals should be executed for their sexual orientation, plain and simple. Actual Christians follow the teachings of Jesus, you aren't suppose to be worshiping the old testament. Last I knew, Jesus promoted love and forgiveness, not hate and murder of the innocent.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    There have been quite a few posts recently about homosexuals. It's good to know that there are a lot of real Americans around here. Liberty isn't just for gun owners. It's for every American. On the other hand, it's very sad to me to see so many "Christians" smile and make jokes about bills like these. You aren't a Christian if you think homosexuals should be executed for their sexual orientation, plain and simple. Actual Christians follow the teachings of Jesus, you aren't suppose to be worshiping the old testament. Last I knew, Jesus promoted love and forgiveness, not hate and murder of the innocent.

God does not change, He STILL hates the act of homosexuality. Read the Bible. That is not the discussion here, so let's stick to what is being talked about.

Redneckmedic, I understand what you are saying. :): If it makes you feel any better! (facepalm empathized)

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    God does not change, He STILL hates the act of homosexuality. Read the Bible. That is not the discussion here, so let's stick to what is being talked about.

God doesn't change? Ever? I recall he once flooded the Earth, killing everyone except Noah and his family. Then he sends the world his only son to forgive us of our sins and grant us entry into his Kingdom.

That's a pretty big change. If God hadn't changed then he would have flooded the Earth again and again and again and again. Instead, he changed and sent us Jesus. That, or, the Old Testament is wrong. I'll let you decide. I agree, we should BOTH be sticking to the actual topic.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    <overused internet meme />

Ok, we'll just assume I'm that special. Explain it to me slowly. ;)

How is threatening to vote out politicians who fail to pass laws making homosexuality punishable by death that different from saying homosexuals should be put to death? What is that, a Reverse Nuremberg? Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by "job loss vs. death"?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Uganda is following Hitler's example. There is no humor to be found here.
    The sad thing is that there are many people in the US, (perhaps even one or two on this forum) who have no issue with this. "The Family" has even been implicated in this move. A scary proposition that there could be American politicians and religious leaders who could lend any form of support to this travesty.

Carrion

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    Maybe I can help.

My point was the Rev's comment was if they vote the wrong way they will loose their jobs

So you write about a quote and you attribute it to "the Rev", meaning the individual christian reverend quoted in the article.

The Islamic view is, Gays will be put to death.

Then here you both misquote and you attribute it to "The Islamic view". The actual quote was from a single muslim cleric and there was no suggestion of putting anyone to death.

Following your logic I should be able to quote Fred Phelps:

This is the hypocritical, fag-infested, fag-run United States of America and we're supposed to respect that fag rag flag?

and suggest that the christian view is that America is detestable, and that the flag is to be disrespected at every opportunity. I don't see why it makes sense to do this in one case but not in others.

As for Uganda, I am not sure what is to be done. They are a sovereign nation. If they want to go forward with this I'm not sure anyone outside Uganda should be obligated to stop them. I question the veracity of the 95% figure, but it isn't outside the realm of possibility given the education level in most of Africa.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

As for Uganda, I am not sure what is to be done. They are a sovereign nation. If they want to go forward with this I'm not sure anyone outside Uganda should be obligated to stop them

I think this is one of the most troubling statements I have ever read on this forum.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've got a few questions for those opposed to this. Is Uganda a sovereign nation? Yes? I thought so. Does Uganda in any way pose a threat to our sovereignty as a nation or our way of life? No? Didn't think so. Would you want Uganda to attempt to impose their beliefs and policies upon you? No? Didn't think so. As Americans, don't we inherently believe in freedom and liberty? Does that only apply to sovereign persons or to sovereign nations as well? It is their country not ours. If they don't like it, they can change it. It is frankly none of our business and we have plenty of problems to worry about right here at home without imposing our beliefs upon another sovereign nation. This is how we get into trouble, look at Iraq, Viet Nam, Somalia.........If you are planning to visit Uganda (yeah right) then enjoy your trip, if you are queer and planning the trip, reconsider.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    so systematic extermination of "undesirables" is ok with you if occurs in another place that is not the US?

i bet you'd be singing a different tune if Uganda was making it a capital offense to believe in Jesus.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    so systematic extermination of "undesirables" is ok with you if occurs in another place that is not the US?
    When we become perfect and our country without flaw of any sort and a complete utopia for any person regardless of their beliefs, then and only then do we have any business telling them what is right and what is wrong. What I am saying is that it is none of our business. We have the USA to run and live in and protect. In case you've forgotten, we are currently fighting a war (several actually) that can not be won against people that believe differently from us and think we are satan because of our beliefs. How would imposing our way of life upon the people of Uganda make us any different than the Muslim radicals that want to impose their values upon us?

Top Bottom