• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Why? Because GOD said so! I don't care who you are or what you do for a living, if you are gay, you are an insult to the human race. Homosexuality is like spitting in the eye of God, Your Parents and the entire human race/natural order. I know quite a few people that make poor choices...I mean are gay, and they all know how I feel about it. We just don't talk about it anymore because they know what I've got to say and they don't want to hear it...again. Oh, did I mention that my mother-in-law is one of the gays that know EXACTLY how I feel about it?

So, we know how you feel about homosexuals. How do you feel about the law in Uganda? Would you be for criminalizing homosexuality here, with severe punishments?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That is it for most people. Live how you want but don't flaunt it about. People who disagree with others lifestyles are not HATERS.

Gays have ramped up the rhetoric and this push back may grow to other countries as well. I don't go around talking about my Heterosexuality and I don't care to hear about others, regardless of type.

There's a slight difference between pushing homosexuality and pushing heterosexuality.

If I'm a cop or an EMT, and I show up, and casually mention my wife, Amy, no one will bat an eye, and I certianly won't be accused of pushing heterosexuality.

In the same situation, if I refer to my parter, Jim, there are some who will say I'm flaunting my lifestyle.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    What did I tell you Fletch? Ban with a group of like-minded invidudals like yourself and be ever vigilant cause the "other majority" will one day want what you have and will come after you. :faint:

That would be an implicit approval of the democratic system, agreeing that morality can be determined by 51% of the people. What happens if there are no other like-minded people, as it is in Uganda? An individual can be on the right side of an issue and still be outnumbered, but it doesn't make him any less right. Morality supersedes numbers. For all its vaunted greatness, Democracy is no more edifying for human civilization than Monarchy was, because it never addressed the core problem:

You don't beat the Devil by playing his game.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    There's a slight difference between pushing homosexuality and pushing heterosexuality.

If I'm a cop or an EMT, and I show up, and casually mention my wife, Amy, no one will bat an eye, and I certianly won't be accused of pushing heterosexuality.

In the same situation, if I refer to my parter, Jim, there are some who will say I'm flaunting my lifestyle.

I would think that professional conduct would prohibit you from casually mentioning that sort of thing . However , I think I understand what you're getting at .

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    So, we know how you feel about homosexuals. How do you feel about the law in Uganda? Would you be for criminalizing homosexuality here, with severe punishments?

Well, everybody knows that all gays are child molesters. :rolleyes:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Why? Because GOD said so! I don't care who you are or what you do for a living, if you are gay, you are an insult to the human race. Homosexuality is like spitting in the eye of God, Your Parents and the entire human race/natural order. I know quite a few people that make poor choices...I mean are gay, and they all know how I feel about it. We just don't talk about it anymore because they know what I've got to say and they don't want to hear it...again. Oh, did I mention that my mother-in-law is one of the gays that know EXACTLY how I feel about it?

I think you are missing the point... if you are coming from a Christian point of view. It doesn't matter what you think or how you feel about it. Jesus says love your neighbor. Ideas like forgiveness, accountability, guidance, and priesthood (teaching the gospel). Being gay is absolutely no different than having an affair, sex before marriage, lust after someone while they are married, or any other sin of the flesh. The only thing different is they wear their sin outside of them everyday. You have no reason to show your anger at someone who is gay nor "let them know EXACTLY how I feel about it?" Don't loose sight of what Jesus says, forget yourself, because its not about you or me.

WileECoyotee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Huntington.IN.

Good Point !

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County

Why would they? A lot of cops work a two person car and have a partner.
    Most EMT's work in pairs. :D

Calvin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    I wish all you folks who are violently anti-gay would wake up and realize that individual rights and liberties of all kinds are inextricably bound together. Our 2nd amendment rights, which we so vocally defend, are no different of a right than the right of gays to love whom they want, which they so vocally defend. In this day and age where our rights of all kinds are under assault, can we afford to spend our time assaulting individual rights other than those we personally choose to champion?

I'm as red bloodedly hetero-sexual as Conan the Barbarian, but I am fully accepting of the decisions of others which affect only themselves. I put many things in that category such as (but not limited to): eating bacon
    not wearing seat belts
    smoking (tobacco or otherwise)
    drinking to impairment (while on foot)
    being obese
    cross dressing
    never bathing
    not wearing helmets on motorcycles
    man on man lovin' (note: woman on woman lovin' fires me up as long as I am invited and they are not ugly...this opportunity has never occured for me personally)

All of these are bad decisions in my mind, but we should be at liberty to make them.
    I also do not accept the "for the good of society" arguments be they religiously based or otherwise. Mankind has had homosexuality since it's inception and we have made it this far just fine. Don't believe me....read a little about Alexander the Great.

The sooner we all realize as individual citizens that those rights and liberties we so value are all bound at the core, the sooner we can unite against the stranglehold of those who would control us for their own gain.

On the note of the OP: This Ugandan law is sort of a rhetorical tool given that if an African group gets really riled up about some other African group they tend to settle the issue with machetes and AKs, not legal action. Perhaps that is the "Death penalty" of which they speak.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    So Rev. Fred Phelps doesn't speak for all Christians?

Not sure what you are asking or insinuating. My point was that the Rev's response was, these politicians are going to pay for a un-liked decision come election time.

VS.

The Islamic Response was seclusion on a deserted island til death.

Fundamental Difference...What did you think I meant?

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

Not sure what you are asking or insinuating. My point was that the Rev's response was, these politicians are going to pay for a un-liked decision come election time.

VS.

Um... the Christian reverend and the Muslim cleric were on the same side, both supporting the bill that would make homosexuality or an AIDS diagnosis punishable by death:

The Rev. Esau Omara, a senior church leader, said over the weekend that any lawmaker opposing the bill [making homosexuality a potentially capital offense] will pay for it during the next election, according to local newspaper reports.

And a leading Muslim cleric, Sheikh Ramathan Shaban Mubajje, has called for gays to be rounded up and banished to an island until they die.
    Other than the Sheikh's call for a pogrom, I don't see a whole lot of difference in their positions.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Um... the Christian reverend and the Muslim cleric were on the same side, both supporting the bill that would make homosexuality or an AIDS diagnosis punishable by death:

Other than the Sheikh's call for a pogrom, I don't see a whole lot of difference in their positions.

Thats right.... you don't see the difference. However it is significant if you take the time to read their individual thoughts. The Rev didn't support it, just said the public would vote out the politicians if they went against the grain.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    This is the perfect example of those who say Christianity and Islam are the same but two different religions.

What the Rev had to say...

And the Muslim cleric....

Yes a very peaceful religion indeed.

VS.

I think you meant to bash Islam because of the actions of a few (no, I am not a fan of Islam, but I dislike hypocrisy). The point I was making was that I can also find people who claim to speak for Christianity who are equally rabid. I can find a whole lot of folks, including a few right here in this thread, who would agree wholeheartedly with Phelps. I don't think that makes Christianity all bad either.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Thats right.... you don't see the difference. However it is significant if you take the time to read their individual thoughts. The Rev didn't support it, just said the public would vote out the politicians if they went against the grain.

So your argument is that the Rev is really against the bill, but is just carefully trying to avoid confrontation? Seems like a stretch to me.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    It has the blessing of many religious leaders -- Muslim and Christian -- in a country where a July poll found 95 percent opposed to legalizing homosexuality.

Where in the article did it say the Rev didn't support it? I couldn't find anything in it that said whether he did or not. Except for the part right above where you quoted that say religions leaders Muslim and Christian support it.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    That would be an implicit approval of the democratic system, agreeing that morality can be determined by 51% of the people. What happens if there are no other like-minded people, as it is in Uganda? An individual can be on the right side of an issue and still be outnumbered, but it doesn't make him any less right. Morality supersedes numbers. For all its vaunted greatness, Democracy is no more edifying for human civilization than Monarchy was, because it never addressed the core problem:

You don't beat the Devil by playing his game.

This is exactly why we don't have a democracy, but a constitutional republic. Natural rights aren't up for a vote. Democracies can be just as tyrannical.

If it's not a natural right to do whatever you want with another consenting adult, the whole concept falls on it's face.

Top Bottom