Typo? Or am I missing something.. 500 rnds .45 for $43.87?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    Just MO, but I think that whoever was tasked with entering the data into their automated catalog/ordering system that week is either looking for a new job or still sitting on a 'doughnut' cushion from the a** reaming they got for the FUBAR. Most of these, IIRC, are programmed to transfer and calculate changes in all other related areas based upon whatever is entered in one key data point. GIGO ensues if that ball gets fumbled.

Again just MO, but the delay is probably due to the company's honchos trying to decide how best to handle the inevitable fallout this will no doubt generate amongst their customer base. Almost certainly, the company's lawyers will have to get involved because of the various and myriad state and federal Consumer Protection laws/regs issues which will have to be considered in coming up with a viable solution.

Still munching my popcorn and waiting to see what they finally come up with. Wouldn't hold my breath waiting to get my .45 ACP ammo for that price, though.

Just MO, and $0.02.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    OK- obviously there's something screwy here.....but

Any one who says "$43.87 per 50 is not a good price"- you show me where you can get premium self defense ammo (this is Ranger 230 gr JHP ammo appropriate for duty, after all) for a much lower price. This isn't FMJ range ammo, people.

Before ammo became scarce, I paid $21 per 25 for Hornady Critical Defense 9mm and that was a pretty good price. $21-$25 for 20 (not 25) was pretty typical.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    My point was that once you add a $5 shipping charge to the $43.87, it is not a very good deal for that single box. Obviously, if you amortize shipping over a larger number of boxes, that improves. However, the 50 round SD ammo boxes in my vault were each considerably less expensive than $45/box.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Just got a call from ammo depot. He told that the ammo is not coming. They were doing some testing on their new webpage and it mistakenly went live. He was very nice and apologized several times. I didn't raise hell because I figured the price was too good to be true. Oh well better luck next time.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Greenwood
    Just got a call from ammo depot. He told that the ammo is not coming. They were doing some testing on their new webpage and it mistakenly went live. He was very nice and apologized several times. I didn't raise hell because I figured the price was too good to be true. Oh well better luck next time.

Yep, I just received a call from "Joe" stating the exact same thing. I didn't bother to argue since they never charged my CC.....oh well:cool:

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Hi Mr ,

It looks like a couple of days ago you placed an order on the BETA test of our upcoming new website. Unfortunately, that website has not yet been activated, thus there isn't really an order - the website was temporarily visible and a few people, yourself included, landed on it. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but you can rest assured that no money was charged to your card.

If you would like to place an order, please go to Ammunition Depot | Ammunition | Bulk Ammunition and we will be happy to serve you.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Lou
    lou@ammunitiondepot.com

Dreams have been shattered. :( Oh well.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I just got a call from the ammo depot as well and I argued with the guy and told him that the customer is always right, and that I expected them to honer the price that they released on the Internet. Well after a 20 min. Fight on the phone, the ammo depot is going to honer my order. I ordered 3 cases of the ranger 45 ammo and 3 cases of the hornady ammo.

So for $299.03 I am going to get 2100 rounds of .45 shipped to my door. I told him that I would be contacting him back if I did not see my order within 7-10 business days and raise holly hell. He assured me that he would make it happen to keep my business.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I just got a call from the ammo depot as well and I argued with the guy and told him that the customer is always right, and that I expected them to honer the price that they released on the Internet. Well after a 20 min. Fight on the phone, the ammo depot is going to honer my order. I ordered 3 cases of the ranger 45 ammo and 3 cases of the hornady ammo.

So for $299.03 I am going to get 2100 rounds of .45 shipped to my door. I told him that I would be contacting him back if I did not see my order within 7-10 business days and raise holly hell. He assured me that he would make it happen to keep my business.

That sucks. Bring back neg rep!

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron

You forgot the purple.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

This thread is an emberassment for INGO. WE want to complain about companies trying to gouge us, but then members here try to rip off legitimate suppliers.

Pathetic.

CQB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 4, 2012
    Central North Forty
    I figured the pricing was a mistake on their part and didn't bother trying to order any. That being said, there are a billion threads on INGO either whining about price gouging or proclaiming that supply/demand drives price so quit your whining. Why is it so wrong to expect a retailer to honor an advertised price? Mistake or not, it wasn't the buyer scheming to get a deal. He simply acted on what they advertised. I do not believe that the retailer is bound to honor their mistake, but it was the right call to do so. Retailers have had no problem raising prices, and people sure as hell haven't stopped paying higher prices. This time the buyer won.

Top Bottom