• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...A couple of interesting comments that the suspect "may be in the room" and "we have probably interviewed you"...

Soooooooo... Wouldn't they just compare the new sketch with people "in the room" and those they have already interviewed?:dunno:

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Soooooooo... Wouldn't they just compare the new sketch with people "in the room" and those they have already interviewed?:dunno:

Depends on how they came up with the sketch. They might not be looking for someone to compare it too because it's a sketch of a specific person they have in mind. When they mentioned the car, I thought it was odd that they didn't provide any details whatsoever. Why not? Surely identifying the car would help to lead towards suspect? It makes more sense if they already know who parked there, but they need an eye witness for the suspect. Obviously this is pure speculation though. Maybe they just want to ensure that any statements identifying the driver can't be tainted by public knowledge of the details of the car.

Also, someone on reddit pointed out that what everyone has assumed was a hat in the original image kind of looks like the guy's hair in the new sketch. So maybe they really did get that sketch from the video too.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    D4xRfXMXoAAcS83.png

giphy.gif

injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    There's some extra info here (I don't know what this website is tbh though):

New things from this link that were not mentioned in the press conference:

* they're saying they have a witness:

As Superintendent Carter said today, "We have a witness. You made mistakes. We are coming for you...

(He didn't say that in the press conference)

* this is an interesting statement about the sketch:

As the investigation has progressed, information has been continuously reviewed and examined and this sketch more accurately depicts the face of the suspect from the video recorded on Liberty German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.

Note, they're not saying the sketch is based on the video. Witness description?

* video was taken "minutes before" the murder:

This is the face of the suspect that goes with body of the video captured on Liberty German's cell phone minutes before she and Abigail Williams were murdered

I could be wrong, but I think that's new. I've never heard this before. On the other hand, it might be just a figure of speech, meaning "moments" or whatever.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    To me, the disheartening part is that this really doesn't seem to be new information.

They had to have had the "better" sketch from the beginning, along with the motion-controlled animation. They could've done this months ago, but only chose now.

So, maybe they are closer and trying to smoke the guy out. Referencing how the bodies were staged was also unsettling, but makes one wonder why they felt compelled to do that. Both they and the murderer have known since the crime how the bodies were arranged.

Yeah, more irrational optimism.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The statements directed to the killer appear to be a form of psychological warfare aimed at getting the killer to say or do something to give himself away.

...and the reference to the movie and book "The Shack", was just weird.
    Oh yeah they are definately playing mind **** games with this animal. I just watched the new press conference and the sketch is mind blowing to me. This seems to be like a completely different person almost than what theyve had all of us looking for up to now (i say us because im not gonna lie even living in indy ive looked for people matching that sketch since they first released it, no one wants this animal to hurt any other kids, this is personal to hoosiers).
    The voice thing they play is useless. Cant hear crap.
    The movie reference is one of two things i believe. One the guy was just being genuine and really did watch it. Or two they are trying to get this ****er to pull that movie up online or rent it so they can track him somehow? Who knows. It didnt fit so i think it was a message to the killer in some way. Ive never seen it so i dont even know what its about. Maybe something in it references something he did and they are on him now.
    I just hope they catch him.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "The Shack" thing, I think was genuine and something that he had just watched an affected him.

...but he should get his theology elsewhere....almost anywhere else.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I wonder if there's a way to find out from the various streaming services if there's someone in Indiana that only watches the first 15 minutes of The Shack over and over again.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ok, so what is shack about? (Don’t wanna google it :tinfoil:)

It starts with a little girl abducted from a campground and killed.

The story (both book and movie) is about how the dad deals with it, eventually finding comfort from a religious paradigm that is some generic version of Christianity.

If the person who committed the atrocity in Delphi watched it, my sense is that he wasn't rooting for the dad.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    It starts with a little girl abducted from a campground and killed.

The story (both book and movie) is about how the dad deals with it, eventually finding comfort from a religious paradigm that is some generic version of Christianity.

If the person who committed the atrocity in Delphi watched it, my sense is that he wasn't rooting for the dad.

Oh ok, makes a little more sense now, thanks. Curious tho, was the guy caught in the book or movie? Not sure id use that in my press conference if not.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Oh ok, makes a little more sense now, thanks. Curious tho, was the guy caught in the book or movie? Not sure id use that in my press conference if not.

I don't think so.

The whole point was to be able to personally resolve things in one's life that are not externally resolvable.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Oh, gotcha. Wasn’t sure if there was some hidden message he was hinting at. I gotta stop watching forensic files.

Doesnt sound like theyve made much progress, but it could be a ploy to throw him off maybe? Like they’re watching someone and wanting to seem as if they’ve made no progress hoping he slips up?

Yep. No more forensic files.

Top Bottom