Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again: the particular point of discussion was the legitimacy of the fraud lawsuit. Either that point was missed, or you're begging the question.

Even then: Trump has not yet been successfully sued. And even if he is, that result isn't necessarily relevant. Jesse Ventura successfully sued Chris Kyle's widow, and that outcome proved absolutely nothing, other than that Jesse Ventura is an *******, and anybody can win a lawsuit for anything.

The premise was *if successfully sued*, implying the legitimacy of the fraud lawsuit is confirmed, frivolous bull**** notwithstanding. And, the context was more about Tombs "so what" sort of admission. So what if he bilked people out of their money? They deserved it. Well, deserved or not, I don't want a POTUS who bilks people out of their money. That's a character flaw that would make Trump unsuitable for the office. If he bilks people out of their money in his businesses, why should I believe he won't bilk me out of my money as POTUS?

It goes against my principles to let people bilk me out of my money. If a fool and his money are soon parted, how much more foolish is it to give a "bilker" the power of government to do it?

You may contend that Trump didn't bilk anyone, and that Trump University is on the up and up. I tend to disagree with that, and it's arguable. But if you say, "so what?", I think that's an untenable position.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I haven't verified the quote or the proper context, so I'm not going to assume anything. All I'll say is it does seem on par with the kinds of things he says. And the more he does it, the more he bleeds off the non-trumper vote such that the Trumpers will be all that's left to support him. I think at some point, even the faithfull will have to confront some difficult realities.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    The article uses two words which show media bias and why I don't believe half of what is posted here when its negative to Trump.

Savages

Refuses

Any time I see colorful language about someone, I am so cynical anymore I don't believe it.

Trump didn't refuse to endorse Ryan. He deferred to a later time.

Refusal has more of a sense of saying no, but that is the way it was painted.

Savage has a connotation of violence.

MSM

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The article uses two words which show media bias and why I don't believe half of what is posted here when its negative to Trump.

Savages

Refuses

Any time I see colorful language about someone, I am so cynical anymore I don't believe it.

Trump didn't refuse to endorse Ryan. He deferred to a later time.

Refusal has more of a sense of saying no, but that is the way it was painted.

Savage has a connotation of violence.

MSM

Yea I don't understand the 'savage' usage, just sticking to what Trump says should be damning enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I thought Assange's people clarified that they aren't trying to do anything themselves, just asking for principled whistleblowers to get them and disclose them.

Yeah... good luck with that. My sense is that the people who work directly with Trump are loyal.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom