Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's exactly what they're doing. Trolling Trump to get a reaction. I think hardcore Trumpers also know that he's being trolled and when he doesn't just sit there and take it like a GW Bush administration did that makes them want to support him even more.

I think that's why Trump does it. It plays to his hardcore supporters.

My opinion is he should'nt play that game and focus instead on hammering Hillary's critical flaws.

Exactly.

Innocent puppy #1 trolls trump.

Reaction: Hillary lied.

Innocent puppy #2 trolls trump.

Reaction: Hillary lied.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You believe incorrectly, it was:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said

Now hes probably said a dozen different things since then but the statement was made.
    I believe the last part of that statement to be an important caveat.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Just curious but did Trump call for simply categorically denying all Muslims entry into the country without reason or was his platform about not allowing un-vetted Muslim immigrants from terror stricken countries entry without through background checks?

Answered before I could:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on," a campaign press release said

Now hes probably said a dozen different things since then but the statement was made.

I believe the last part of that statement to be an important caveat.

A religious test to enter the US until Congress can "figure out what's going on". So translators who sacrificed for us, new spouses of US citizens who marry abroad, international businesses with interests in the US, etc. all have to be categorically banned from entry (not just immigration, but entry) until Congress "figures out what's going on"? There's middle ground between something so ridiculous and unfettered immigration.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

[h=6]- DECEMBER 07, 2015 -[/h][h=1]​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON PREVENTING MUSLIM IMMIGRATION[/h](New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, -- Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.
    Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again." - Donald J. Trump
    Although he did not overtly use the word 'vet' I believe its obvious that's what he meant

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    [h=6]- DECEMBER 07, 2015 -[/h][h=1]​DONALD J. TRUMP STATEMENT ON PREVENTING MUSLIM IMMIGRATION[/h](New York, NY) December 7th, 2015, -- Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on. According to Pew Research, among others, there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population. Most recently, a poll from the Center for Security Policy released data showing "25% of those polled agreed that violence against Americans here in the United States is justified as a part of the global jihad" and 51% of those polled, "agreed that Muslims in America should have the choice of being governed according to Shariah." Shariah authorizes such atrocities as murder against non-believers who won't convert, beheadings and more unthinkable acts that pose great harm to Americans, especially women.
    Mr. Trump stated, "Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension. Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for President, we are going to Make America Great Again." - Donald J. Trump
    Although he did not overtly use the word 'vet' I believe its obvious that's what he meant

No, it's obvious what he said though 'complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US' until some vague future day in which the government 'figures it out'

This is categorically different from your original claim that:

I believe initially it was all muslims we were not able to sufficiently vet. I believe the 'from countries with endemic radical islam' caveat was added later.

It wasn't 'Muslims we aren't sufficiently able to vet', it was all muslims.

Last edited:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think any of the other 16 candidates could be at this point against Hillary, and many would be well ahead. Possibly even Cruz, the second most unlikable Republican since they kept track. He'd be nailing her on her email lies all day every day, not fighting twitter wars against surrogates.

Which is exactly why all of those candidates managed to beat Trump in the primary.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Yeah sure. Some establishment GOP has-been milquetoast pushover would have a better chance at beating Clinton.

[video=youtube_share;_n5E7feJHw0]http://youtu.be/_n5E7feJHw0[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah sure. Some establishment GOP has-been milquetoast pushover would have a better chance at beating Clinton.

That might've been a couple of the ~16, but not all of them. Heck, Carly Fiorina did well for a couple minutes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

:facepalm:

Surely you get that there are different demographics in play with different candidates. I didn't say every other republican in the field could beat Hillary. I said they'd have at least the showing Trump has. Even Jeb! could have had at least had the showing that Trump has had. It's just that the people supporting him wouldn't be the same. Unlikely any of the Trumpers would support him. But if Jeb! was the nominee, the number of conservatives not voting for Jeb! would be replaced with the GOPe, moderate Democrats and Independents who can't stand Hillary but are holding their noses because they hate Trump more.

And that's the whole point. Neither Conservatives nor Liberal/progressives have enough voting power to elect a President on their own without the swing voters. In this election, the swing voters tend to be afraid of both candidates.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Even Jeb! could have had at least had the showing that Trump has had. It's just that the people supporting him wouldn't be the same. Unlikely any of the Trumpers would support him.

Hold up, now.

Are you saying, and follow me here, if Trump were not the nominee, the people supporting him might stay at home? You know, like, act on their principles? Not support a candidate that they don't believe reflects their values?

Why, here I was thinking Trump supporters were firmly of the anyone-but-Hillary dogma.

Its a whole new world. :D

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It seems quite humerus that all the neverTrumpers have the "best" :rolleyes: advice for him. :hehe::hehe:

The Donald will be fine with this and he'll easily win in November. Anyone steps up to take a swing at him is fair game and we like it that way.
    The Kahn fellow (along with Hillary) are using the blood of his son for political gain. It's hard to believe so many are falling for this??? :hooked:

There'll be plenty of time to focus on Hillary's corruption and lies nearer to the election without nullifying them in the media this far out.

Last edited:

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    Trump pretty much trails Clinton in the few states that really matter last I saw and Clinton looks to have gotten the post convention bump. I kind of feel like like I'm going to end up having to vote against someone vs. for someone as no candidate has gained my vote.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Trump pretty much trails Clinton in the few states that really matter last I saw and Clinton looks to have gotten the post convention bump. I kind of feel like like I'm going to end up having to vote against someone vs. for someone as no candidate has gained my vote.

Good news if you live in Indiana your vote doesn't matter so go ahead and do the crazy thing, vote for who you want to win.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom