• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You mean the community organizer currently playing a president on TV?

Tuned in once, couldn't bear to watch it...

No, meant like the Kardashian stuff.
    Obama introduced a Youtube channel for the White House with a daily vlog, that's quite interesting to see how the policial process works, regardless if you like the current president or not.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    What about Trump saying he will not take his presidential salary? :dunno:

Surely it will save the taxpayers some money even if he travels often.
    Potentially over half a million a year, more saving if he's traveling with his own plane.
    Not sure if he will be allowed to not travel on Air Force One once president though.

And does that mean Obama is now getting $19,000 a year that he can spend on strippers and booze? :):

Actually, "Air Force One" is simply the designation for POTUS, and by extension, whatever plane he happens to occupy at any given time. So, even if he flies his own, personal plane, that plane takes the designation as "Air Force One" whenever POTUS Trump flies on it.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with a Apology Tour planned by the President's administration with the purpose of apologizing to..... I forgot.... which countries did he apologize to again, and what did he say?

Ah, Kut: I love you, man.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Actually, "Air Force One" is simply the designation for POTUS, and by extension, whatever plane he happens to occupy at any given time. So, even if he flies his own, personal plane, that plane takes the designation as "Air Force One" whenever POTUS Trump flies on it.

Ah, true.
    I just meant will he be allowed to use his own plane, that is not equipped with anti missile systems and other fancy stuff.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Ah, true.
    I just meant will he be allowed to use his own plane, that is not equipped with anti missile systems and other fancy stuff.

I doubt it, at least if he's flying to foreign nations. And I would hope he doesn't try to fly his Trump plane. But then again, since his plane is basically a flying advertisement for his businesses, I imagine it wouldn't be allowed, unless it was re-bran....re-painted.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I doubt it, at least if he's flying to foreign nations. And I would hope he doesn't try to fly his Trump plane. But then again, since his plane is basically a flying advertisement for his businesses, I imagine it wouldn't be allowed, unless it was re-bran....re-painted.

Or he will add TRUMP on the side of the presidential plane and get the call sign Trump Force One.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Trump One does not have the communications and evasive stuff the president's plane has. He'll use the Air Force jet.

Also, this non-sense Kut is alluding to about trump using this for personal gain. Puh-lease. NOW there's a concern about that?

i'm sorry we've not had a democrat president who was a successful private businessman before. But well, you know...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Trump One does not have the communications and evasive stuff the president's plane has. He'll use the Air Force jet.

Also, this non-sense Kut is alluding to about trump using this for personal gain. Puh-lease. NOW there's a concern about that?

i'm sorry we've not had a democrat president who was a successful private businessman before. But well, you know...

Im missing your personal gain argument, care to expound?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    obama_1523079c.jpg

Bow2.jpg

3A7F5CA600000578-3948262-Family_affair_Trump_s_daughter_Ivanka_and_her_husband_Jared_Kush-a-48_1479446544674.jpg

Any Questions?

Obama_bow_cartoon.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    sure, you and others are slamming him for having businesses that may benefit from him being president

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...mp-business-conflicts-20161122-story,amp.html

No, I'm not slamming him for the businesses he owns doing well, while he's president. I'm going to slam him if he uses the presidency to promote his businesses. There's a clear difference, between people going to his properties because he is president, and him encouraging people to go to his businesses because he is president. He's not going to be a proponent of both his business, and the well-being of the nation. That's simply not possible.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No, I'm not slamming him for the businesses he owns doing well, while he's president. I'm going to slam him if he uses the presidency to promote his businesses. There's a clear difference, between people going to his properties because he is president, and him encouraging people to go to his businesses because he is president. He's not going to be a proponent of both his business, and the well-being of the nation. That's simply not possible.

See why we didn't want hitlary clingon?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That's my only problem with it. I wouldn't care if he benefited personally from being President in a passive way. Every president does in some way. My only problem is the conflict of interest part where he might make decisions more for the benefit of his company than for the benefit of America.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That's my only problem with it. I wouldn't care if he benefited personally from being President in a passive way. Every president does in some way. My only problem is the conflict of interest part where he might make decisions more for the benefit of his company than for the benefit of America.

If he would do something that would benefit his businesses exclusively, or give them an advantage over competitors, then I would have a problem with it. If on the other hand, he is able to implement policies or laws that create a more "nurturing" environment for all businesses, then it would benefit America, and if his business also prospered as a result, then I would not have any objections.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If he would do something that would benefit his businesses exclusively, or give them an advantage over competitors, then I would have a problem with it. If on the other hand, he is able to implement policies or laws that create a more "nurturing" environment for all businesses, then it would benefit America, and if his business also prospered as a result, then I would not have any objections.

How about windfarms in Europe (actually, a specific windfarm).... how does that help Mayflower Trucking?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How about windfarms in Europe (actually, a specific windfarm).... how does that help Mayflower Trucking?

I'm talking about domestic businesses, and general policies like lower corporate tax rates, incentives to keep businesses from going overseas, relaxation of some (not all) regulations, that sort of thing. Basically a more business friendly climate.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

You guys are forgetting that half of the voting public now hates and despises him. If his goal was personal wealth he would have stayed neutral in politics. He is RISKING his businesses by doing what he is doing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You guys are forgetting that half of the voting public now hates and despises him. If his goal was personal wealth he would have stayed neutral in politics. He is RISKING his businesses by doing what he is doing.

I understand that. But certainly you see the potential for conflicting interests.

Top Bottom