• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They did what no one here had the stones to do.
    You can disagree, but they are American heros as far as I'm concerned.

A system based solution was shut down in november.
    What did they accomplish? They got you labeled as a terrorist. Now average people are afraid of you because of it. The people who stormed the Capitol are utter fools. They gave the progressives a victory I think they weren't expecting. Or maybe they were. Nancy Pelosi got wind of what was going down and did nothing to stop it. I'd kinda like to know what that was about.

Reactions: KLB

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What did they accomplish? They got you labeled as a terrorist. Now average people are afraid of you because of it. The people who stormed the Capitol are utter fools. They gave the progressives a victory I think they weren't expecting. Or maybe they were. Nancy Pelosi got wind of what was going down and did nothing to stop it. I'd kinda like to know what that was about.

Maybe when people are finally being raided because they held the wrong political opinion, they'll stop the asinine belief that "oh we can just vote our way out of communism."
    They were already labeling anyone right of Mao as a terrorist, that changed nothing. They already openly declared half of the nation a "basket of deplorables" and told you to your face that they are coming for your guns.

People just sit with their thumb up their *** pretending it'll all go away as long as they don't speak out and as long as they don't do anything.

Incredible levels of restraint were demonstrated at the capitol protest.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Well to be fair, the founders caught the same labels more or less, so there's that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe when people are finally being raided because they held the wrong political opinion, they'll stop the asinine belief that "oh we can just vote our way out of communism."
    They were already labeling anyone right of Mao as a terrorist, that changed nothing. They already openly declared half of the nation a "basket of deplorables" and told you to your face that they are coming for your guns.

People just sit with their thumb up their *** pretending it'll all go away as long as they don't speak out and as long as they don't do anything.
    You seriously think that a bunch of fat old guys dressed in camo, wearing carrier plates, and storming the capital was really the best course of action? A fool is someone who cannot see the obvious conclusion of what they want to do, so then they go and do it anyway. What then does it mean for someone who applauds such fools?

I've said before (but more during the beginning of the pandemic) that it's fine, when you're not sure how to proceed, to say, don't just do something, stand there. At least have a plan and think the plan out to its logical conclusion. I suspect that the people who planned the insurrection kinda got what they wanted.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You seriously think that a bunch of fat old guys dressed in camo, wearing carrier plates, and storming the capital was really the best course of action? A fool is someone who cannot see the obvious conclusion of what they want to do, so then they go and do it anyway. What then does it mean for someone who applauds such fools?

I've said before (but more during the beginning of the pandemic) that it's fine, when you're not sure how to proceed, to say, don't just do something, stand there. At least have a plan and think the plan out to its logical conclusion. I suspect that the people who planned the insurrection kinda got what they wanted.

Call me a fool then, I regard them in the highest.

Throwing labels at those who have the courage to do what you won't isn't productive.
    They had a plan, it was to make themselves known as an ultimatum for being unheard.

They went unarmed and still took the capitol in a matter of minutes.
    The next time the tyrants think of doing something dumb, they can just remember how that situation would play out if those people decided to bring guns.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I mean it's not like they got wasted drunk, dressed up in comical looking indian costumes, and raided a port ship to destroy imported goods.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Call me a fool then, I regard them in the highest.

Throwing labels at those who have the courage to do what you won't isn't productive.
    They had a plan, it was to make themselves known as an ultimatum for being unheard.

They went unarmed and still took the capitol in a matter of minutes.
    The next time the tyrants think of doing something dumb, they can just remember how that situation would play out if those people decided to bring guns.
    Well, it's not the courage of conviction that I mind. It's the extraordinary foolishness with which the courage was executed that I think is stupid.

They took the capitol in a matter of minutes unarmed and you think that's something? I hate to break it to you but that's some more foolish thinking. Yeah. There's the video of capitol police opening doors for them. There's the odd behavior of Pelosi and McConnell getting wind of the attempt before it happened, yet they didn't want more security added because of the "look", presumably. It sure was easy, eh?

It's not going to stop tyrants from anything. The next time? Seriously? You gave them a reason to call you terrorists. What are they justified to do to you now that you're pretty much terrorists? If there is a next time they'll all be dead and a monument erected as a reminder of what happens to "terrorists". Before you jump off a cliff thinking that you can fly, a little bit of preemptive wisdom could save you the consequences.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I mean it's not like they got wasted drunk, dressed up in comical looking indian costumes, and raided a port ship to destroy imported goods.
    It worked. Yours didn't. The difference, theirs always had a chance of working. Yours never did.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well, it's not the courage of conviction that I mind. It's the extraordinary foolishness with which the courage was executed that I think is stupid.

They took the capitol in a matter of minutes unarmed and you think that's something? I hate to break it to you but that's some more foolish thinking. Yeah. There's the video of capitol police opening doors for them. There's the odd behavior of Pelosi and McConnell getting wind of the attempt before it happened, yet they didn't want more security added because of the "look", presumably. It sure was easy, eh?

It's not going to stop tyrants from anything. The next time? Seriously? You gave them a reason to call you terrorists. What are they justified to do to you now that you're pretty much terrorists? If there is a next time they'll all be dead and a monument erected as a reminder of what happens to "terrorists". Before you jump off a cliff thinking that you can fly, a little bit of preemptive wisdom could save you the consequences.

Get killed by who exactly?
    People who swore an oath to the constitution and repeatedly tell us that they stand for the people and not the tyrants?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Uhhhh....i thought you said Jan 6 was planned.
    Yeah. Not very well, obviously. The right wing social media was used to plan it. And I'm not sure by whom. But there was plenty of evidence that it was planned.

Could have been white nationalists posing as patriots goading people on social media to participate. You lace just about any message with Patriotic language, and it's like cat nip to some people. The end goal I guess would be to get Trumpers villified and possibly join them? The Christchurch shooting had a similar motive. Or, it could actually have been legitimate Trumper patriots, albeit extraordinarily foolish ones. Which one do you want to pick? There are some other possible scenarios, but the one where storming the capital by just breaking in and that somehow fixing everything doesn't seem all that plausible, does it to you?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Could have been white nationalists posing as patriots goading people on social media to participate.
    Or... it could've been Antifa or other left-wing types infiltrating and goading people on social media. I know it may be :tinfoil:, but it's been posited before.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah. Not very well, obviously. The right wing social media was used to plan it. And I'm not sure by whom. But there was plenty of evidence that it was planned.

Could have been white nationalists posing as patriots goading people on social media to participate. You lace just about any message with Patriotic language, and it's like cat nip to some people. The end goal I guess would be to get Trumpers villified and possibly join them? The Christchurch shooting had a similar motive. Or, it could actually have been legitimate Trumper patriots, albeit extraordinarily foolish ones. Which one do you want to pick? There are some other possible scenarios, but the one where storming the capital by just breaking in and that somehow fixing everything doesn't seem all that plausible, does it to you?

You just flew over the cuckoo's nest.

A guy shooting up muslims is in no way comparable to people exercising their first ****ing amendment right for a redress of grievances, after being ignored time and time and time again.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Then your statement is pointless.

Tell me, where's the nuance in this image:

ZhmAC69.png
    No, you just don't understand the basic point being made. I was talking about White mass shooters with racial motivations, noting that I could not think of anything similar concerning POC, with a racial component. You bring up riots, and show me a picture of burning building from somewhere, and say it's Biden voters. I tell you that you couldn't know that, and you think that means it defaults to me meaning that it's possibly Trump voters. The nuance that you missed, is that saying you don't know it was Biden voters, means it could be a Biden voter, a Trump voter (admittedly probably not), a someone else voter, or a person who didn't even vote. You apparently don't understand that nuance. Further a picture of burning building tells me nothing. The person who burned it, could just as easily be White, and the owner Black... again, that nuance escapes you. So rather that failing at moving the goalposts, can you think of a POC mass shooter where race was the motivation? Or do you have some more out of context pictures you'd like to post?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    No, you just don't understand the basic point being made. I was talking about White mass shooters with racial motivations, noting that I could not think of anything similar concerning POC, with a racial component. You bring up riots, and show me a picture of burning building from somewhere, and say it's Biden voters. I tell you that you couldn't know that, and you think that means it defaults to me meaning that it's possibly Trump voters. The nuance that you missed, is that saying you don't know it was Biden voters, means it could be a Biden voter, a Trump voter (admittedly probably not), a someone else voter, or a person who didn't even vote. You apparently don't understand that nuance. Further a picture of burning building tells me nothing. The person who burned it, could just as easily be White, and the owner Black... again, that nuance escapes you. So rather that failing at moving the goalposts, can you think of a POC mass shooter where race was the motivation? Or do you have some more out of context pictures you'd like to post?

They were doing it in furtherance of black nationalism.

Top Bottom