Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On the other hand, Trump may well be the only candidate that can win for us???

You think so? Honestly I think no Republicans can win as it stands now. Trumpers apparently will throw a hissy and not vote if the nominee isn’t Trump. And there are some pissed off former Trumpers who’ve had it with Trump after the way he behaved after losing, notwithstanding all the voting abnormalities in key states. Then add in the many point advantage that Democrats have with mail in ballots and ballot harvesting. Democrats watch this thread and smile.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You think so? Honestly I think no Republicans can win as it stands now. Trumpers apparently will throw a hissy and not vote if the nominee isn’t Trump. And there are some pissed off former Trumpers who’ve had it with Trump after the way he behaved after losing, notwithstanding all the voting abnormalities in key states. Then add in the many point advantage that Democrats have with mail in ballots and ballot harvesting. Democrats watch this thread and smile.
    1671402029790.png

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Poor Bug. I hope he can pull out of the tailspin he's in from the jet wash of "so many Ingo'ers" saying that they would never vote for Trump again. "Pull up Goose!"

Dunno how many "so many" is but I'm pretty sure there is at least an equal amount that have said they would vote for Trump in the general if he wins the primary even if their guy didn't win.
    Dude, Goose was a whizzo, he didn't have any flight controls to pull up with. You sully his memory to try to co-opt his name for such base purposes

I would say 'Shame!' but I realize the 60s killed shame as a corrective force

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don't see what one has to do with the other. Are you saying that you are willing to let anti-Trumpers sway your vote?
    There seems to be far more "never Youngs" on INGO than "never Trumps", and I have already let Young know how disappointed I am with some of his votes, and will remember them come his next primary. However, I will *never* cede a Senate seat to the loonie left. Same as every single Presidential election since 1988.
    The read I'm getting is they think I should vote for their guy if he wins the primary but they feel no need to vote for my guy if he wins the primary

The way I'm starting to feel is **** that, let's see how far you can get without the base you're taking for granted. Burn it down

Maybe I'll write in Trump

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You even had two years of control of all three branches of government.
    This is total BS.

Trump never had true support from the Republicans. Over 40 republicans retired, including the retirement of the speaker, rather than support America first agenda. While over in the senate near 20% of senators voted to impeach Trump. So don’t give me that BS…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think maybe two have voiced that? So definitely that's enough to burn it down. One is bad enough. Maybe you just give them a stern tealing. But two. Oh yeah, you definitely burn that ************ down.
    No, INGO has taught me that I can vote my 'conscience' no matter how wasteful and damaging that is, and them - like Pilate - wash my hands of any blame because I kept the hem of my robe clean

Such self-righteousness is very liberating

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Bug and I have had conversations about this stuff off and on for a long time. I've thought he might stay home in November if Trump doesn't win. I've asked him that before and he's assured me that of course he would vote for DeSantis if he won the nomination. But now he's hedging, I think not as much because of two or three people on an internet forum, but because of propaganda he's accepted uncritically at face value. Since he's been hinting things like, "I have a Dan Crenshaw vibe about DeSantis," I've suspected that no matter what, if Trump loses, he stays home. It's Trump or nothing.
    I fail to see why the neverTrumps and the ABTs get a pass but I should do the right thing. Why should I care anymore? If you're so sure DeSantis will save us, have at it. I will keep my robe clean and when and if DeSantis goes Romney and slides between the sheets with the GOPe, disappointing the base such that he loses more votes than he gains from those independents everyone is convinced need to be pandered to, I will remind you I 'had a bad feeling about him' while waiting for the boxcar

You don't want a fighter, you want another Obama - someone who seems presidential - and you have succumbed to the binary that if DeSantis gets in we are saved and are ignoring that there are so many ways that can go wrong but only one way it can go right. I would rather vote for someone I KNOW has what it takes than vote for someone who MIGHT get it done

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Tit for Tat. You're not gonna vote for my guy so I'm not gonna vote for your guy when I otherwise would've committed to voting for whomever the nominee is.
    Fine. That's what people want to do anyway. You're all over me about my change of heart but I notice no one is admonishing the 'I can never vote for Trump again' contingent to do the right thing

A bit Janus-like, don't you think?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump starts slumping in polls and they have to dig out the "Dan Crenshaw" propoganda to try to destroy him. And whether he's another Dan Crenshaw or not remains to be seen. Just oddly coincidental that everyone uses that angle on cue.
    Maybe it is because Crenshaw is a calculating politician who obviously wants power so bad he should never be trusted anywhere near it? Maybe there is a resemblance to be seen?

You don't think DeSantis is pandering? That the America First fire surely runs through his veins?

Please, *****

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Fine. That's what people want to do anyway. You're all over me about my change of heart but I notice no one is admonishing the 'I can never vote for Trump again' contingent to do the right thing

I'm just happy you are finally siding with the INGO Libertarian wing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

That's fine. Since that's what people want to do, I'm not gonna vote for Trump now if he wins the nomination. I was but now I'm not. I want to do what people want to do.

This is sarcasm BTW. I'm not that petty. Do what you want Bug.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tweaver1500
    Top Bottom