• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't think you'll find much support for McConnell on INGO. Some people believe in the devil, and if there is one, McConnell must be his offspring.

Some of the failures of the Trump administration were due to McConnell, and not just McConnell. Pence I think was trying to run interference in favor of elitist interest throughout. Pence may even have been made running mate on the advice from the devil.

But. Some were unforced errors. Now I suppose if you want to claim that Trump did the bumpstock EO because the devil made him to do it, okay, fine. Doesn't give me a lot of hope that Trump can overcome the devil.

You guys keep making this argument. Support Trump uncritically because he's gonna win the nomination.

No. If Trump does not want to be criticized by his own voters he should try better not to do things to be criticized for.

I don't know about the others, or their motivations. I have reslved that I'm likely voting for Trump because I don't think any better candidates have the moxie to defeat him especially because of the voters mistaken need for moxie. But it is what it is.

When Trump ****s up, I'll be talking about it. I said "when" because it's inevitable. Everyone ****s up. We should call our leaders out when they **** up. it's silly to claim that doing so harms him. If everyone did it Trump would be a better candidate.
    It is the context of the criticisms, the glee and enthusiasm in posting them, the trying to get over on Trump supporters that several do just to troll, not discuss.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    All I expect is that voters against ClownWorld™ vote against ClownWorld™ when the election comes. you've spent so much time building up contempt for everyone but Trump, I am uncertain you could hold your nose for Ramaswamy or DeSantis if one of those won.
    Because that is what the tactical situation would require, barring that I would reserve the right to consider Trump if he went third party. I might decide it would be better to blow up the Republican Party as we know it a little sooner, like now

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But, of course, the party attacking him is just fine, yes?
    No. It's not okay. We've talked about the civil war in the party which I think AF will eventually win. And here's where I'll concede that a Trump victory in the primaries and subsequent win in November would advance AF within the GOP in a more significant way than any of the other candidates. I think they'd have to acknowledge their defeat at that point and either get on board or become a commie democrat. It would signal the end of the establishment.

Latest RCP average on Iowa is Trump at 47.0, which is +29.7 over his closest competitor (ShoeLift) as well as +6.4 over the total if all other competitors dropped out and ALL of their voters went to ShoeLift

Now, do you think Trump means she wouldn't get re-elected or does he mean that ****ing off nearly half of her party's voters in Iowa might make her unpopular currently?
    I could give a **** about Iowa. Their GOP is worse than Indiana's. **** Iowa.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because that is what the tactical situation would require, barring that I would reserve the right to consider Trump if he went third party. I might decide it would be better to blow up the Republican Party as we know it a little sooner, like now
    Well there's some common ground. I can't stand the GOP, but it's a necessary evil in its current form. The sooner it is transformed into something the people can trust the better. I'm not sure Trump is the guy whose gonna make people trust in anything though.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Double negative. Do you mean to say it IS exactly how a free society works? Because that is effectively what you said
    Yeah, I rephrased what I was saying to change where the negative was, and forgot to remove the negative on the other end. It happens. Just make sure you seek medical attention if your erection lasts for more than 4 hours.

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I could give a **** about Iowa. Their GOP is worse than Indiana's. **** Iowa.
    Perhaps give a bit more consideration to the post something I write is in reply to - I usually quote it right at the top to make things easier for those suffering from a short attention span. Iowa, and specifically its governors popularity (according to Trump) was the subject at that time

I'm not trying to convince anyone to care about Iowa, just refuting mistaken hot takes

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, you know, heathen that I am and all, I think this limitation is relevant to Foz's post, but only in the context of my doubt that there are any souls to save or anything from which to save them.
    It is presumptuous of fos to think he can save my soul, or anyone's for that matter, and even you should know why

Moreover, on a person to person level it is presumptuous of him to believe he is fit to judge anyones soul except perhaps his own

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And here's where I'll concede that a Trump victory in the primaries and subsequent win in November would advance AF within the GOP in a more significant way than any of the other candidates. I think they'd have to acknowledge their defeat at that point and either get on board or become a commie democrat. It would signal the end of the establishment.
    And yet you will only offer the minimum level of support for that outcome, only voting for him in the breach

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Not limiting it to Trump, I'm just using his name as the obvious nominee. Anybody who would be put off by dem leadership dumping Kamala isn't voting republican regardless of who runs.

People connected to the big city machines vote for them because there is usually something in it for them in addition to the ideology. As cities continue to deteriorate I'll be curious to see if folks give up on the ideology part because of worsening conditions.

They will keep voting the same
    Expecting the rich will 'pay their fair share"
    Then get more trashed economy

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Respectfully, from where I sit, that seems a bit of a stretch

I don't know if people think McConnell caused damage to the cause in 2020 by denigrating and refusing to fund candidates for the senate CHOSEN BY THE PEOPLE because he didn't like Trump and Trumpian ideas, but the argument can be made. Or, like some on INGO, just blame Trump for everything

But I think you are whistling past the graveyard if you don't think Trump has the best chance to retake the whitehouse, and perhaps you to are damaging the cause in your own way by withholding support of all kinds from the man widely regarded as having a lock on the nomination and waiting until the short period of time between nomination and election to reluctantly try to make up for lost time (if you will even do that). That is time that could be used to work on down-ballot candidates since even the best candidate can't do much without like minded people elected to congress

If, as was admitted, the relentless criticism of Trump is not expected to accomplish anything as far as moving the voting preference needle, could it be that there is a clandestine sort of sour grapes delight in the practice?
    Where did I say Trump didn't have the best chance.
    Or that withholding support.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Perhaps give a bit more consideration to the post something I write is in reply to - I usually quote it right at the top to make things easier for those suffering from a short attention span. Iowa, and specifically its governors popularity (according to Trump) was the subject at that time

I'm not trying to convince anyone to care about Iowa, just refuting mistaken hot takes
    Oh. I got what you were referencing.

But still. **** Iowa.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The machines still decide who counts the vote, and as we saw in Detroit they can turn out enforcers for the purposes of intimidation of observers and officials with impunity

I'm not looking for anyone to break the machines hold on Chicago in my lifetime (unless the machine suddenly gets religion)

In Chicago the machine is the religion so I would agree it's not going anywhere.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It is presumptuous of fos to think he can save my soul, or anyone's for that matter, and even you should know why

Moreover, on a person to person level it is presumptuous of him to believe he is fit to judge anyones soul except perhaps his own
    Except the original post wad in response to the use of the word psyche, Greek for soul, and not directed to you. Besides I don't talk in terms of saved, a protestant term or judge souls. That's why I responded by saying I didn't understand your presumptuous post. Now I see you were being presumptuous in assuming I was presuming. Anyway. Carry on with your assuming.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom