• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He's a weak player. IMO he isn't America First he just plays one on TV. I'm supposed to want DeSantis in the whitehouse because he says the right things and 'has taken a firm position (that is to say, he is slipstreaming Trump's positions)' on some issues or other

But I'm not supposed to want Trump in the whitehouse because he said the right things (before it was fashionable and the people running in his draft could see it was working) and then did his best to actually deliver

I should want an unknown quantity who has done some good at the state level (See:Scott Walker or the father of Obamacare Mitt Romney) and hope that will pay off as president. I've already made that bet while being endlessly lectured about how my man was an east coast liberal, a democrat dressed up as a republican yada, yada. And when that longshot bet paid off Hugely™, in short order the opposition turned to how he wasn't doing it right morphing to the current 'our outsider is better than yours' equally longshot bet

And it basically still comes down to 'mean tweets

And somehow getting pantsed by Disney is a virtue

And folding like a camp chair on the current pointless war is a virtue

And arguing already that the ability to serve two terms as president is a virtue without ever saying what you'll do with the first one

Pass

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    He said he’d drain the swamp and he didn’t do it. All the other accomplishments were wiped out. So yeah. The point was his track record is using his EO powers. He doesn’t have a track record of working with congress. Everything he signed into law were things establishment R’s wanted too.
    Still making strawman definitions…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That’s the point. When I say he had both houses, that means the same party—REPUBLICANS—that holds the White House has control of both houses. They are certainly divided, but it IS the same party.

And back to the point, the party needs to be united, and that’s not gonna happen if the president is divisive. He needs to be able to get even the squishies to go along with his agenda. He has to work with them. Do the thing that politicians do to build consensus. Trump is not equipped to do that.

It’s possible that DeSantis is. We’ll see how he handles things. His launch was not impressive so he’s off to a poor start.
    Still living the past political alignments. Today we have sub parties you yourself often speak off, CoC and AF…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    OK Bug (it's hard to be humble). You still can't give RDS credit for the things he's done which he indeed has that I pointed out in that post.

I can't take you seriously. You can't even man up because you have a reputation that you need to uphold and admit that you may have been wrong when you made the claim that RDS has never called for defunding the corrupt FBI and DOJ even after I showed you that he had indeed done so by calling for Congress to reign in the corrupt FBI and DOJ thru the power of the purse. He even called them out for giving up on using that power but whatever.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Then don't take me seriously

You seem to imply that your respect is transactional and dependent on my acting in ways desire

I have never liked being told what to do and (with a nod to Johnny Fever) I'm not about to start now

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok "Dr. Death" I won't because you have no credibility or an ounce of integrity and humility because you need to feed the massive ego monster that resides within you. I can at least have the integrity to man up and give credit to Trump for some of the things he has done and defend him when he's been wronged just like RDS has done.

I also have the humility to man up and admit when I may have gotten something wrong.

I'll just drop this mike right here and be done with it.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Did Bug (it's hard to be humble) post something clever that I missed? Did he use big words?
    Hmmm. Were you referring to the one I found entertaining? Lemme check…..no sesquipedalia there. And nothing clever. The entertaining thing is that he keeps futility fluffing the same old straw into a hard image he can knock down over and over.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Hmmm. Were you referring to the one I found entertaining? Lemme check…..no sesquipedalia there. And nothing clever. The entertaining thing is that he keeps futility fluffing the same old straw into a hard image he can knock down over and over.
    I think he was worried you were easing up a bit because you needed to conserve tires and he was going to be forced to pull out of your draft

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Translation: Just another way of trying to weasel around your lack of integrity and humility.

"Brains are good but character is better."

"Integrity is the sum of who you are. Guard it, nurture it—and lead with it. Humility is the first step toward both virtue and wisdom."

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The good character qualities of Integrity and humility in a discussion that eludes you is your failure and not mine. I can't make you want to possess it. You have to want it on your own. I've tried to live up to those standards here while you've resisted it. That's why you carry no weight of credibility here in any discussion with me and you never will.

"Even for the quickest, smartest, if they don’t have integrity all the intelligence is for naught."

Last edited:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I took the interloper off of ignore just so I could see what all of the hullabaloo was about.

It's only gotten worse.

INGO needs to build a wall, and make Ohio pay for it.

:):

Back to solitary confinement for the bloviating buckeye...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not that I agree. Bug has as much right to be here as anyone. But that build a wall and make Ohio pay for it line was pretty funny. About made me spew my lemonade all over the dinner table.

• Haha
    Reactions: KG1

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    He's a weak player. IMO he isn't America First he just plays one on TV. I'm supposed to want DeSantis in the whitehouse because he says the right things and 'has taken a firm position (that is to say, he is slipstreaming Trump's positions)' on some issues or other
    He just might put Trump into the wall...more than likely tho, Trumps legal issues will do that to himself.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Still making strawman definitions…
    You know the definition. It’s not the one you tried to retcon into existenc. Everyone knows “the swamp” is the federal administrative state. I suspect if I were to look at your post history far enough I could find that you knew it too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Still living the past political alignments. Today we have sub parties you yourself often speak off, CoC and AF…
    I acknowledged the division in the party. You guys think that "unity" means kicking the CoC/Neocons out. That ain't gonna happen. I wish it could. But they own that party. AF people are only a faction. I think Bug was actually onto something in another thread...or hell, maybe this one...don't recall. He suggested the Reagan way. And I agree. Reagan went over congress's head to appeal to the people. Not just Reagan Republicans. But a larger coalition of people.

Trump can't do that.

1) Trump only actually appeals to Trumpers. And it's not lost on me that this group is a plurality. He'll get a few more voters like me who are willing to suck it up and vote for the 2nd place. But he does not appeal to me and I do not believe he is the right person for the job.

2) Trump is not articulate enough, and well mannered, to make the case for his policies to a wider audience than just Trumpers or even just Republicans.

On the other hand, this clown world may not be compatible with the Reagan way. I'm not sure DeSantis can do it either. I think he probably has the political tools to work with congress. He doesn't have the curb appeal to go over the heads of congress to pressure them to capitulate. He's articulate enough. He just doesn't have the likeable personality.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Then don't take me seriously

So are you serious?

You seem to imply that your respect is transactional and dependent on my acting in ways desire

I have never liked being told what to do and (with a nod to Johnny Fever) I'm not about to start now
    No one's telling you how to act. I don't expect you to like what I like, or vote for whomever I might vote for. That would be anti-individualist. But, in a civil discourse where people disagree there's a certain expectation of decency. I expect if we're going to argue about something, you'd argue in good faith. But you haven't.

Even now, you keep insisting I hold positions I do not hold, have told you so on several occasions I do not hold them, and my posting history consistently demonstrates that I don't. But you still go on with it I suppose so you'll have something you can knock down. And I'm not saying that to be smug. You tend to deflect the points I make that are objectively true, with your straw interpretations of my intents and purposes. That actually have nothing to do with those points.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom