• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    1- Hillary was the worst candidate in my lifetime. Disagree
    2- Trump looked old and not engaged at best. He took all the low-hanging fruit with Kamala and rambled terribly in the convention.
    3- Kari Lake, Don Bolduc, and that idiot they ran for PA governor plus the surrendered house seats show the problem with these magical candidates.
    4- Energy development has been on a straight line under both administrations. The rest of this would have been great things to talk about the debates, but did you hear about Orban?
    5- Nobody since Reagan has come close to the war element alone. Trump has his positives, which this board is in love with. It's the losing and the negatives that seem to be lost.
    1 Well WE both agree about that but the polls and data you seem fond of didn't say so. The experts all told us she had it in the bag.
    2 - Why are you basing this entire argument on the debate performance. He does interviews and rallies all the time. Cherry pick much?
    3 - Like it or not, the Bush/McCain/Romney Republican party is gone. It's not coming back. If you want to win, you'll have to support these candidates. Or you can take your ball and go home like Dick Cheney. We'll I guess he's voting for the donkey.
    4 - Huh? Bankrupt wind and solar companies really dont count as energy development. And again with the debate. Can you play any other notes or just that one?
    5 - Reagan war element? The reason we have Trump now is because the base caught onto the con of the elephant party leadership and he just happened to give voice to that disillusioned base.

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I agree that the party has evolved. No doubt.

2- Look at the convention too. I think the debate angers me the most because he did so bad. You watch Kamala on 60 minutes and this dbag reporter is harder on her than Trump was. Vance was flawless and it’s a shame we didn’t get a Vance b Kamala debate.

4- Oil and gas is booming too. Biden inadvertently gave em boost with that price surge in 2021.

5- His support is very rural, male, and uneducated. I’m lost on the virtues people claim in him especially given he failed to deliver on any of them. Trading a con for a Trump is barely a move.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Man oh man.

The dems have if figured out. They put up a **** candidate and everyone supports them. They all fall in line, lockstep.

Republicans put up a Trump, DeSantis, whomever and folks just argue and bicker...

If only Republicans could figure that part out...

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Man oh man.

The dems have if figured out. They put up a **** candidate and everyone supports them. They all fall in line, lockstep.

Republicans put up a Trump, DeSantis, whomever and folks just argue and bicker...

If only Republicans could figure that part out...
    Not sure what you are watching, but there are lefties not happy with Kamala. The pro Palestine, BLM, antifa types have all been out against her. There has even been media pushback on her. Stuff they never did with Biden.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Not sure what you are watching, but there are lefties not happy with Kamala. The pro Palestine, BLM, antifa types have all been out against her. There has even been media pushback on her. Stuff they never did with Biden.
    I'm not watching. I'm saying D vs R, the Ds have it figured out. This thread is proof about the Rs.

But overall, generally, do you find what I said to be true?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I'm not watching. I'm saying D vs R, the Ds have it figured out. This thread is proof about the Rs.

But overall, generally, do you find what I said to be true?
    I do not think that the Ds are as lockstep as you make them out to be. There are also a lot of Ds leaving the party and heading to support Trump. Nor do I think the Rs in general are as out of step as you make them out to be.

I think this is an interesting time in politics. I hope the shakeup survives the man, but I have my doubts. The impetus of the standard quo is very strong. The old guard will try hard to steer the party back to where it was. It is going to take some strong leaders to keep it from going that way.

In the end, with us hurtling towards $40 trillion in debt federally, it may not matter. I have a dim outlook on the future.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I agree that the party has evolved. No doubt.

2- Look at the convention too. I think the debate angers me the most because he did so bad. You watch Kamala on 60 minutes and this dbag reporter is harder on her than Trump was. Vance was flawless and it’s a shame we didn’t get a Vance b Kamala debate.

4- Oil and gas is booming too. Biden inadvertently gave em boost with that price surge in 2021.

5- His support is very rural, male, and uneducated. I’m lost on the virtues people claim in him especially given he failed to deliver on any of them. Trading a con for a Trump is barely a move.
    Indeed.

He didn't do well in the debate. I was irritated that he seemed incapable or unwilling to punch back. I don't know what his problem was. But, as you would have to admit, that was pretty atypical Trump and IMHO it's a mulligan. Otherwise he still appears amply motivated by the gravity of our situation with the added benefit of having learned from the mistakes (mostly staffing) of the first administration.

IF oil and is booming (and Id argue from observational evidence that the boom has long since abated), that's in spite of the Biden administration. He's done nothing but erect roadblocks to oil and gas production since he assumed the big boy chair. The price spikes are due to his anti oil policies, and high oil related energy prices, while driving more private exploration/production in the short term due to the very simple laws of economics, throttle economic growth. We all know where Trump stands on energy because he understands it's the engine of growth and progress.

Do you look down on rural, male, uneducated people? Because that's what it sorta sounds like. That sounds slightly like "basket of deplorables" or "bitterly clinging to guns and religion". You'd be surprised how well many of those people have the uncanny ability to see through all the bull crap because they don't have to look through the fog of their liberal higher education generated arrogance.

At the end of the day, I doubt we'll agree here. I will say I'm not one of the more cultish Trump supporters and I know many of those. I said earlier I'm rolling the dice on him, just like I did in 2016 and 2020. He's unpredictable, so we're never absolutely certain what we're going to get, but at this point I'm so disgusted by the continual betrayal of the elephant party, that he's candidate that I view as the most adept at busting up the uniparty good ole boys club that has become the US government. And I'm willing to bet on that.

Top Bottom