• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    vitamink, i would love for you to be able to park in front of the wall (we have a gravel area in front where we have been parking such vehicles)
    i don't know how you are about people touching it , but if you are fine with people sitting in it and taking pics and things like that , would be great as well , no problem either way

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    vitamink, i would love for you to be able to park in front of the wall (we have a gravel area in front where we have been parking such vehicles)
    i don't know how you are about people touching it , but if you are fine with people sitting in it and taking pics and things like that , would be great as well , no problem either way

I'm fine with that.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    Stopped by with my daughter late this afternoon. Nice to see the turn out. Talked with some of the gentlemen under the VFW canopy.

I hope this gets people to take a pause from all the first world problems and remember the guys and gals who are in harms way.

joe138

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Heltonville
    Went there today with the grandkids. There is a spirit of reverence with the memorial. The group as Spencer did an outstanding job with this and everyone should see this while it is this close.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Had a blast. My Father really enjoyed talking to everyone, and visiting with some old friends on the wall. He was growing up in NY when he and one of his 2 best friends got drafted. His other best friend joined up so the 3 could all be together. They made it through basic and everything together. They were all split up when they received their marching orders. Dad was driving APCs for 1st infantry, Randy Heerdt was infantry, and Domenico Cacciola was doing something with Helicopters. He soon learned that Heerdt fell while trying to take a hill controlled by VC, and Cacciola died in a Helicopter crash. In 37 years that was the first time he told me that. He had other friends on there that he met in basic or overseas, but those were his high school pals. It was good to say "hi".

I don't know if you have any left, but if you have a size L shirt i'd like one more.

Here is a picture of the wall and the HMMWV with the wall in the background. Both pictures were taken early before anyone arrived, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see either as the place was packed. If you haven't seen it, do so.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom