• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You could buy a chipper/spreader for your limbs/ branches and put it around your rose bush's, cause rose bush's like that you know.
    You know, I have actually gotten tree trimmer crews to dump their chipper truck in my driveway for just this purpose. Cheaper for them, especially if they're working in the neighborhood anyway, because otherwise they have to pay to dump them at places like Greencycle, and it's free mulch for me.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The city doesn't come by with the vacuum truck? Rake the leaves in the gutter or don't they do that any more?

They do in Fort Wayne.

But, do not rake them into the street (gutter). Leave them on the park strip. Otherwise it clogs up the street and drains when it rains and the street is for cars (and bikes).

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    They do in Fort Wayne.

But, do not rake them into the street (gutter). Leave them on the park strip. Otherwise it clogs up the street and drains when it rains and the street is for cars (and bikes).

Me, I have no trash pick up, no sidewalk, no curb, no street (gravel road). I mow the leaves, cook hotdogs on the twigs and branch's, and the bigger stuff goes in the wood burning furnace.

Life's good.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    In many HOA's the best solution is a short privacy fence around a 4'x4' section. Otherwise, a garage bumpout is legal.

I've noticed that our trash can offenders are the ones with a garage full of junk.

FYI, I love the big cans. We only put ours out every other week, in conjunction with the recycling can (which they only pick up semi-weekly).
    Our HOA got the bright idea that everyone would have to use the same garbage service. I'm sure it has a lot to do with realtors wanting the area free of garbage cans so they can move their properties. Anyway, that idea went over like a lead balloon. I told them that I was fine with the idea as long as they used the company that I use.:):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Me, I have no trash pick up, no sidewalk, no curb, no street (gravel road). I mow the leaves, cook hotdogs on the twigs and branch's, and the bigger stuff goes in the wood burning furnace.

Life's good.
    Not all of us get to live the good life. :(

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I hear you. I've lived out in the country for like, ever but now I'm stuck in a town that has all the stupid rules.

Can't shoot.
    Can't burn my trash or leaves or anything.
    No well or septic so I'm paying for water and sewer.
    Can't shoot.
    Can't dig without a permit.
    Can't fix the house without a permit.
    Can't shoot.
    Can't park on my lawn, front or back.
    Not suppose to work on your vehicle unless in the garage.
    Can't shoot.
    Can't do yard work naked.

I can't wait to find some property in the boonies again. :(

Two words......Silencerco

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    I WATCHED the driver knock over my trash can when he didn't get it hooked right the first time around and knocked some trash out (albeit bagged. And...it stayed on the ground and he didn't pick it up. so Yes that is LAZY and not my fault. I didn't knock it over, nor did I overload it. I watched it from my kitchen while washing dishes. He stepped out of the truck, sat the can upright, and then used the truck to pick it up. Again, leaving the trash HE KNOCKED OUT, on the ground. And this is under the new system.

Gary119

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2015
    Southern Indiana
    I WATCHED the driver knock over my trash can when he didn't get it hooked right the first time around and knocked some trash out (albeit bagged. And...it stayed on the ground and he didn't pick it up. so Yes that is LAZY and not my fault. I didn't knock it over, nor did I overload it. I watched it from my kitchen while washing dishes. He stepped out of the truck, sat the can upright, and then used the truck to pick it up. Again, leaving the trash HE KNOCKED OUT, on the ground. And this is under the new system.

And you called and reported this, correct? You should have if you didn't.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The houses on the opposite side of the street from me got their big blue cans yesterday. Now I have the theme music from "Jaws" going through my head. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We got ours the day before trash day. Sure enough, two inches too wide to fit in the garage without pulling the wife's minivan out. :xmad:

Luckily we live in the non-HOA section so I think we are just going to park it at the side of the house as far back as it can go. It doesnt look too trashy that way. (no pun intended) I might pour a pad and surround it with a section of privacy fence to hide it.

It appears big enough for our family so long as we dont have any birthdays, christmas, parties, etc.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We got ours the day before trash day. Sure enough, two inches too wide to fit in the garage without pulling the wife's minivan out. :xmad:

Luckily we live in the non-HOA section so I think we are just going to park it at the side of the house as far back as it can go. It doesnt look too trashy that way. (no pun intended) I might pour a pad and surround it with a section of privacy fence to hide it.

It appears big enough for our family so long as we dont have any birthdays, christmas, parties, etc.

They're changing our trash day I guess, but they haven't sent anything saying when the new day will be. I imagine we'll have our can by Monday if not today. I don't know where we'll keep the can yet. Probably right in front of the garage.

Top Bottom