• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm in left lane of 465, going 65. A police officer is next to me in middle lane. I am holding up traffic, which is a crime. I am also speeding, a crime. Do I speed up to get in front of officer or slow down to get behind him?

hrm...

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    More bonus points for breaking the law if you actually posted this speeding from the left lane while holding up traffic....like a trifecta or something ;)

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    I have actually passed officers on 465 going 5-10 over the (ridiculous) 55 MPH posted limit, and have (yet) to get pulled over for it. That being said, I would probably slow down and get behind the officer, if it can be done safely. However, if you're indeed holding up traffic behind you, I would imagine the officer would understand and not do anything if you got in front. Especially when someone else flies past him/her going 80! ;)

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm in left lane of 465, going 65. A police officer is next to me in middle lane. I am holding up traffic, which is a crime. I am also speeding, a crime. Do I speed up to get in front of officer or slow down to get behind him?

hrm...

Depends. Which pokemon is inside the police car?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Or C.) swerve over in front of him and give him a good brake checkin'! The best practice is to show dominance of the roadway and let folks know who is in charge.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Several years ago I was in a construction zone that seem it would never end. A few cars in front of me was a state trooper in the right lane holding speed at lowered construction zone speed limit. Needless to say there was a huge back up cars in both the left and right lanes and no cars in front of the trooper for as far as one could see. The lead guy in the left lane tailed trooper for a few miles then decided he had enough balls to pass him. The instant the guy passed him the trooper light him up. So I'm with birds away, never ever pass a cop!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

hrm...

Why the hell are you posting on INGO while driving?

/feigned snark

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

hrm...

Put down the phone and stop posting on INGO while you're driving!

*scooped by jamil*

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Slow down and pull behind the officer.

Why does every INGO question involve rationalizing breaking the law?:D

Soo... Further impede those behind me in the left lane? Break the law more?!

are you not a lawyer?

this was a memory from yesterday. Think Wayne's world squiggly lines and noises and such

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    I pass cops all of the time and flip them off if they're going too slow. I have never had a problem with.... Oh, darn it, I'm late for my court date.... :)

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A handful of years ago I was heading north on I 65 through the north split and passed a state trooper who was holding traffic and I was unable to change lanes so I passed him and he lit me up...and after heran me and wrote the ticket advised me...have you ever seen a nascar race? Yes. I responded and then he says never ever pass the pace car. Always hesitate passing a state trooper

Top Bottom