• Honest trade gone awry

• Total voters

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    I would trade him back and forget about it. Politely ask him to delete your number and move on. Don't you think that is the best thing to do???? Just move on because it's just not worth it.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Some of you guys have a really confused view of how the world works. I could write a book to help pull your head out of your azz, but I'll condense it to this:

1. Grow a backbone.
    2. Grow a pair.

The OP did nothing wrong, owes the other guy nothing, and has no obligation to "make anything right."

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Some of you guys have a really confused view of how the world works. I could write a book to help pull your head out of your azz, but I'll condense it to this:

1. Grow a backbone.
    2. Grow a pair.

The OP did nothing wrong, owes the other guy nothing, and has no obligation to "make anything right."

Well it sounds like you should start with educating the Op all knowing one. After all he is the one who cried out for advice when he started this thread.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    ignore him, you have NO IDEA what he has done with it, he either should have inspected it more, done more researched, asked more questions, etc. He asked you to trade. A guy took a paperclip(or something worthless) and traded his way up to a ferrari on craigslist. If he agreed, its over, dont feel bad for STUPID PEOPLE. we are all stupid at one time, we learn though, so its time he learns not to be stupid.

cjeffrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2013
    I would say what's done is done. If you both agreed to the deal, then it is what it is. I hope you like your new gun.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    First, the keltec sold new for around $359, used, in reality it's worth about $300 or less.
    Of course, some people will pay $600-700 for a $300 gun. Same people will pay $100 or more for bulk .22.
    He is the one that asked to trade. Then he was a jerk instead of asking nicely about possibly trading back.
    I say DON'T TRADE BACK!

The Keltec PMR30 is not a $600 gun either, right? I mean, its list price is about $300 too. And when is the last time you saw a Sub2000 sell for anywhere near $300 here? The list price doesn't mean squat when they aren't available. And besides, trading a $100 gun for a $300 gun is still a burn. That some of you are actually saying he wasn't burnt because the Sub2000 is only a $300 gun is ridiculous. And if you want to play the low value (imagination) game, then let's look at the Remington 597: 1) It has not appreciated at all, 2) If this one has some bolt problems then it probably is only worth about $50.

I wouldn't meet with someone who is threatening me either. B t what do you have expect when someone (who is slightly off to have made the trade in the first place) finds out the trade was ****? OF COURSE he's going to be pissed.

For what its worth, I am pretty sure I have traded with OP recently. A small accessories trade. He listed a fair cash price. I said I'd take it for cash, but then he wouldn't sell for cash. He worked on me for several days to get me to trade something of higher value for it--without once offering me a cash difference--before finally settling for a modest trade (after I had already given up on him). I am happy with the trade, and I'm sure OP is a good person, but he is a very aggressive trader.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    ...somebody already said it :

Saints/Sinners does not know what happened AFTER he did the trade of his gun for the other fella's gun.

I would not touch my traded gun for fear of something wrong done with it. Simple.

I wouldn't feel bad about this deal either simply because the other fella was working the deal hard...he obviously knew what he was getting into, or he didn't and got bit.

This is an easy one for me - the deal was made - everyone walked away - and NOW he wants to do a re-trade??

no,, no ,, no....NO.

Just sit on the fact that you don't know what happened to your old gun once it left your possession.

S I M P L E...

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    First, the keltec sold new for around $359, used, in reality it's worth about $300 or less.
    Of course, some people will pay $600-700 for a $300 gun. Same people will pay $100 or more for bulk .22.
    He is the one that asked to trade. Then he was a jerk instead of asking nicely about possibly trading back.
    I say DON'T TRADE BACK!

This...

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    The Keltec PMR30 is not a $600 gun either, right? I mean, its list price is about $300 too. And when is the last time you saw a Sub2000 sell for anywhere near $300 here? The list price doesn't mean squat when they aren't available. And besides, trading a $100 gun for a $300 gun is still a burn. That some of you are actually saying he wasn't burnt because the Sub2000 is only a $300 gun is ridiculous. And if you want to play the low value (imagination) game, then let's look at the Remington 597: 1) It has not appreciated at all, 2) If this one has some bolt problems then it probably is only worth about $50.

I wouldn't meet with someone who is threatening me either. B t what do you have expect when someone (who is slightly off to have made the trade in the first place) finds out the trade was ****? OF COURSE he's going to be pissed.

For what its worth, I am pretty sure I have traded with OP recently. A small accessories trade. He listed a fair cash price. I said I'd take it for cash, but then he wouldn't sell for cash. He worked on me for several days to get me to trade something of higher value for it--without once offering me a cash difference--before finally settling for a modest trade (after I had already given up on him). I am happy with the trade, and I'm sure OP is a good person, but he is a very aggressive trader.

For the record its also not a "bolt"problem. On the stock next to the mag well is a bolt it doesn't interfere with the smaller mags but it does interfere with the remington 30 rd mag. Either the bolt is a little bigger than it should be or the mag has a little bit more plastic.. I wouldn't sell a gun with a "bolt" problem. It was merely an easy to fix cosmetic issue

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I am merely saying that OP knew what a 597 is worth ($100) and he knew what the Sub2000 is worth ($600), and that the other guy would be mad when he figured it out. That is brazen.
    Sub2000 is a $300 gun new. and that Sub2000 has has some odd modifications because they don't come silver or stainless that I know of, lowering the value in my opinion so sounds like a good trade to me.

TR1032

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Johnson County
    Sub2000 is a $300 gun new. and that Sub2000 has has some odd modifications because they don't come silver or stainless that I know of, lowering the value in my opinion so sounds like a good trade to me.

They seem to be fairly rare, but there were some made with a "hard chrome" finish.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom