• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Earlier we were discussing how Indiana Republicans are not as conservative as INGO members.
    Yet the polls if they are even a tiny bit close seems to show a large amount do not like Young.
    It isn't that they are going to vote for the democrat but they aren't voting for young.
    So I think more conservatives are disgusted with Young than most think, and to the point they are ready to see him gone.
    I think there are more Republicans that actually paid attention to the 36x Young voted like a Democrat instead of a Republican in the last two years.
    Lucky for young it takes more leftist voting from him to be considered a Rino by some Indiana Republican voters.
    If there is a red wave Young will get in just because he has an R beside his name.
    We will see in approximately 11 days.

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I suggest that anyone that is considering showing Young and the rest of us conservatives a lesson go not just to McDermott's web page, but to any place that lists his views and priorities. He's Chuck Schumer in disguise when it comes to 2A and abortion. He states (multiple times, for those of you who are fans of that sort of thing) that he was a "submariner in the Navy", as opposed to the Army and Air Force Submarine Corps, I guess. While there, he was taught to use firearms safely(!), a good thing if you're in a submarine I've been told. He doesn't want to take your guns away (where have I heard that before?), oh, except for your scary "military-style assault weapons.

Lots more fun stuff for your reading enjoyment. Codify Roe v. Wade, cut spending while ensuring everyone gets a "living wage", etc. If you don't want to do the reading, just go to a quiet place, lift your face to the sky, close your eyes and say to yourself , "How would Schumer vote on {insert any issue here}? You'll have your answer for McDermott.

Did you know that McDermott was a submariner? In the Navy, no less! And he can safely fire a weapon!
    Who says if I’m not voting for young then I’m voting for the democrat? There are other candidates running. The two party system is the problem.
    What’s the definition of insanity?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Who says if I’m not voting for young then I’m voting for the democrat? There are other candidates running. The two party system is the problem.
    What’s the definition of insanity?
    Until there is a viable third party candidate, you're throwing your vote away voting for anyone without a R or D next to their name...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    But, but, that was yesterday?
    For years I believed the same as you I voted for the lesser of two evils. Thinking surely they well get someone better in.
    It's a false belief, and the only way to get out of that belief, and stop the insanity is to go against the mainstream, and swim against it.
    It is hard to swim against the current, but it's worth it.
    Ask any Salmon. I bet they agree even if many get ate in the fight against the current.
    If you fight hard enough you will achieve the goal, but with many loses along the way.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    For years I believed the same as you I voted for the lesser of two evils. Thinking surely they well get someone better in.
    It's a false belief, and the only way to get out of that belief, and stop the insanity is to go against the mainstream, and swim against it.
    It is hard to swim against the current, but it's worth it.
    Ask any Salmon. I bet they agree even if many get ate in the fight against the current.
    If you fight hard enough you will achieve the goal, but with many loses along the way.
    We cannot afford to lose any ground to the dems, the difference between Schumer and McConnell as majority leader is not the lesser of two evils. This is far bigger than Young, conservatives have finally gotten some momentum and to squander that momentum to teach a guy that voted for three justices that created the most conservative court in my lifetime is short sighted…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Earlier we were discussing how Indiana Republicans are not as conservative as INGO members.
    Yet the polls if they are even a tiny bit close seems to show a large amount do not like Young.
    It isn't that they are going to vote for the democrat but they aren't voting for young.
    So I think more conservatives are disgusted with Young than most think, and to the point they are ready to see him gone.
    I think there are more Republicans that actually paid attention to the 36x Young voted like a Democrat instead of a Republican in the last two years.
    Lucky for young it takes more leftist voting from him to be considered a Rino by some Indiana Republican voters.
    If there is a red wave Young will get in just because he has an R beside his name.
    We will see in approximately 11 days.
    People voted overwhelmingly for Holcomb. The difference between Holcomb and Young, is that Young is younger.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    We cannot afford to lose any ground to the dems, the difference between Schumer and McConnell as majority leader is not the lesser of two evils. This is far bigger than Young, conservatives have finally gotten some momentum and to squander that momentum to teach a guy that voted for three justices that created the most conservative court in my lifetime is short sighted…
    However, I gave my word if he voted for anymore gun control I would not vote for him.
    He did and what kind of man would I be if I didn't honor my word?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    However, I gave my word if he voted for anymore gun control I would not vote for him.
    He did and what kind of man would I be if I didn't honor my word?
    Dad, you must do what you believe is right. I like participating in these threads mostly for those playing along at home that may have never thought this through. I am under no illusion it will change your mind. I do try not to put myself in a similar position.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Dad, you must do what you believe is right. I like participating in these threads mostly for those playing along at home that may have never thought this through. I am under no illusion it will change your mind. I do try not to put myself in a similar position.
    I try not to, but was hoping he would understand how serious it was to deprive young adults their 2nd Amendment rights until they are 21yo.
    I was married before I was 21 I needed a firearm to protect my family. If the law Young voted for took place then I'd been defenseless.
    As it is right now a young married family has no way to buy a handgun or rifle or shotgun until at least one of them turns 21. Pure nonsense!

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I try not to, but was hoping he would understand how serious it was to deprive young adults their 2nd Amendment rights until they are 21yo.
    I was married before I was 21 I needed a firearm to protect my family. If the law Young voted for took place then I'd been defenseless.
    As it is right now a young married family has no way to buy a handgun or rifle or shotgun until at least one of them turns 21. Pure nonsense!
    Yep, hate it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I cannot tell ya how much sleep I have lost wondering what I will do with my individual vote in this so called "senate race".

If you stayed awake through that whole sentence, you may have lost even more sleep,than me.

My individual vote will be for Sceniak
    if I vote at all.

Senate positions were to be elected by the States. Now, in the race to the bottom of the ****hole outhouse, it's not about a republic at all.

todd can eat my **** for all I care.
    same for tommy.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Think on that a minute, no one was bothered by Youngs votes prior to the primary to get 4500 signatures to get someone on the ballot.
    I keep reading this. Actually someone did get 4500+ signatures to get on the ballot, the day after the deadline to turn in signatures they were informed that enough were invalidated in 2 or 3 counties to not meet the quota. Do you not think the party is corrupt enough to get a plant or two in to gather false signatures in a couple of counties to get their chosen in? Look at the Wis governors race as an example.

ETA I was incorrect in the above statement. Per this article what happened was that Marion county didn't get the signatures verified by the deadline. My comment about parties above still stands.

Oh and remind me, what happened last time an incumbent senator in IN was primaries?

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I keep reading this. Actually someone did get 4500+ signatures to get on the ballot, the day after the deadline to turn in signatures they were informed that enough were invalidated in 2 or 3 counties to not meet the quota. Do you not think the party is corrupt enough to get a plant or two in to gather false signatures in a couple of counties to get their chosen in? Look at the Wis governors race as an example.

ETA I was incorrect in the above statement. Per this article what happened was that Marion county didn't get the signatures verified by the deadline. My comment about parties above still stands.

Oh and remind me, what happened last time an incumbent senator in IN was primaries?
    I Don’t run campaigns but even I know they MUST, have overages to overcome bad signatures and fraud, I have read that successfully ran campaigns often target a significant number over the specific number needed, particularly when they are challenging the status quo.

The plant in the campaign has been done as has the hiring of incompetent signature gatherers. The fact that the campaign has so little support that they cannot get enough known volunteers is a sign of weakness and lack of support.

Then one cannot wait to the last minute to turn in the signatures particularly in poorly managed dem controlled cities. If a two day closure for weather causes the campaign to miss the deadline the campaign is cutting it too close.

I will grant that the system is intentionally difficult to navigate, but I also believe that if a candidate, their staff, and supporters cannot even navigate getting on the ballot then they are not qualified to be a senator that by necessity must navigate the corrupt and power grabbing Congress.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I Don’t run campaigns but even I know they MUST, have overages to overcome bad signatures and fraud, I have read that successfully ran campaigns often target a significant number over the specific number needed, particularly when they are challenging the status quo.

The plant in the campaign has been done as has the hiring of incompetent signature gatherers. The fact that the campaign has so little support that they cannot get enough known volunteers is a sign of weakness and lack of support.

Then one cannot wait to the last minute to turn in the signatures particularly in poorly managed dem controlled cities. If a two day closure for weather causes the campaign to miss the deadline the campaign is cutting it too close.

I will grant that the system is intentionally difficult to navigate, but I also believe that if a candidate, their staff, and supporters cannot even navigate getting on the ballot then they are not qualified to be a senator that by necessity must navigate the corrupt and power grabbing Congress.
    Yeah, I stated I was wrong about that. But what do you consider last minute? I don't know just when he turned them in but it must have been at least pushing a week before deadline, he was informed on the 1st that they hadn't finished confirming them, deadline was the 4th. I'm going to assume they had them for at least 2 days (probably more) before they informed him that they weren't finished so that's 6 days minimum. Would you put it past a Dem to do a slow count of a challenger that would most likely would be believed to vote against them vs someone that has a history of voting with them half the time? I wouldn't and the same for a Repub.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    IDriver
    Top Bottom