• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    I Don’t run campaigns but even I know they MUST, have overages to overcome bad signatures and fraud, I have read that successfully ran campaigns often target a significant number over the specific number needed, particularly when they are challenging the status quo.

The plant in the campaign has been done as has the hiring of incompetent signature gatherers. The fact that the campaign has so little support that they cannot get enough known volunteers is a sign of weakness and lack of support.

Then one cannot wait to the last minute to turn in the signatures particularly in poorly managed dem controlled cities. If a two day closure for weather causes the campaign to miss the deadline the campaign is cutting it too close.

I will grant that the system is intentionally difficult to navigate, but I also believe that if a candidate, their staff, and supporters cannot even navigate getting on the ballot then they are not qualified to be a senator that by necessity must navigate the corrupt and power grabbing Congress.
    You mean a candidate doesn’t have enough money to get enough signatures. It takes paid supporters to travel the state and get signatures and turn them in. An army of people for a senate seat.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You mean a candidate doesn’t have enough money to get enough signatures. It takes paid supporters to travel the state and get signatures and turn them in. An army of people for a senate seat.
    If a candidate cannot get 100 supporters in the nine congressional districts to gather 75 signatures each, or conversely enough supporter contributions, they do not have enough support to take on the challenge of defeating an incumbent.

900 people is an army? If one wants to be pragmatic about it let’s break it down. The candidate needs 4500 signatures so to be safe, best to get 7000, now they hire operatives to get the signatures and I have read they get $5-$10 per signature. The candidate needs to raise $70,000 to get on the ballot. Less than five hundredths of a penny from each republican voter.

Again, it just comes down to the fact that no one was bothered enough by Young to put forth the effort to oust him, including most of INGO…

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You should be busy doing just that last year.

You wouldn't have to look too hard to find support for removing Todd Young. He has disappointed many many of us.

While your singing to the crowd about the bad two party system is appreciated, it's too late. Not helpful when there are no other choices.

Listening to Rob Kendal on WIBC right now, singing the same song. All that "you people did this." :xmad: No, no, no... :nono:

YOU need to organize the removal of RINO bad actors like Todd Young and Eric Holcomb. You'll have plenty of support, myself included.

What doesn't work, proven many times over, is bitching about the system in the eleventh hour, when there are no realistic alternatives. Voting for the dem or any vote that advances the dem's chances is just NOT an alternative.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You should be busy doing just that last year.

You wouldn't have to look too hard to find support for removing Todd Young. He has disappointed many many of us.

While your singing to the crowd about the bad two party system is appreciated, it's too late. Not helpful when there are no other choices.

Listening to Rob Kendal on WIBC right now, singing the same song. All that "you people did this." :xmad: No, no, no... :nono:

YOU need to organize the removal of RINO bad actors like Todd Young and Eric Holcomb. You'll have plenty of support, myself included.

What doesn't work, proven many times over, is bitching about the system in the eleventh hour, when there are no realistic alternatives. Voting for the dem or any vote that advances the dem's chances is just NOT an alternative.

This is a story of four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry with that because it was Everybody’s job.

Everybody thought Anybody could do it but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn’t do it.

It ended that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

To this date these four people are still arguing why Nobody did the job.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I keep reading this. Actually someone did get 4500+ signatures to get on the ballot, the day after the deadline to turn in signatures they were informed that enough were invalidated in 2 or 3 counties to not meet the quota. Do you not think the party is corrupt enough to get a plant or two in to gather false signatures in a couple of counties to get their chosen in? Look at the Wis governors race as an example.

ETA I was incorrect in the above statement. Per this article what happened was that Marion county didn't get the signatures verified by the deadline. My comment about parties above still stands.

Oh and remind me, what happened last time an incumbent senator in IN was primaries?
    People just don’t understand that Young is their Globalist pick. They will protect him by whatever means necessary.
    Danny learned a lot about how corrupt the system is. In 6 years you'll see a different candidate and a less trusting candidate.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If a candidate cannot get 100 supporters in the nine congressional districts to gather 75 signatures each, or conversely enough supporter contributions, they do not have enough support to take on the challenge of defeating an incumbent.

900 people is an army? If one wants to be pragmatic about it let’s break it down. The candidate needs 4500 signatures so to be safe, best to get 7000, now they hire operatives to get the signatures and I have read they get $5-$10 per signature. The candidate needs to raise $70,000 to get on the ballot. Less than five hundredths of a penny from each republican voter.

Again, it just comes down to the fact that no one was bothered enough by Young to put forth the effort to oust him, including most of INGO…
    As I posted and linked it does appear he had the signatures, just in one district the Co. Clerk didn't get them certified. Whether that was an intentional slow walk or not who knows. Why do you keep bringing up not having enough signatures?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As I posted and linked it does appear he had the signatures, just in one district the Co. Clerk didn't get them certified. Whether that was an intentional slow walk or not who knows. Why do you keep bringing up not having enough signatures?
    I keep bringing it up because the barrier is just that low to get a candidate on the ballot. Posters keep alledging a conspiracy and powers that decide who can run and who cannot run. Just pointing out what it actually takes to get on the ballot.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I keep bringing it up because the barrier is just that low to get a candidate on the ballot. Posters keep alledging a conspiracy and powers that decide who can run and who cannot run. Just pointing out what it actually takes to get on the ballot.
    And you keep insinuating that he didn't have enough or couldn't get enough votes. At least that is how it reads to me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And you keep insinuating that he didn't have enough or couldn't get enough votes. At least that is how it reads to me.
    I did not know why he did not get on the ballot until you posted it. But this thread is not about him or his failure to get on the ballot. The campaign management and those of us dissatisfied with Young did not get the job done when it needed to be done so now we have only two viable choices, and it sucks.

We need to learn from this and do better in the future…

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    The Republican Party in Indiana is corrupted. They have nothing to fear cause of people that say we must hold our nose and vote for the selected candidates.
    If you say that you are part of the problem.
    My signature is one of the 4500 that was not counted for Danny.
    I will not vote for young.
    You shouldn’t either.
    Send a message.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    We cannot afford to lose any ground to the dems, the difference between Schumer and McConnell as majority leader is not the lesser of two evils. This is far bigger than Young, conservatives have finally gotten some momentum and to squander that momentum to teach a guy that voted for three justices that created the most conservative court in my lifetime is short sighted…
    This is a conversation you need to have with Young and his voting record. He is the one that needs to change to earn votes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is a conversation you need to have with Young and his voting record. He is the one that needs to change to earn votes.
    Earning votes seems backward. Very few politicians have ever “earned” my vote. I do not think they owe me anything, after all, at the end of the day they are representatives of all their constituents. If all voters used this litmus test our constitutional republic would crumble.

So dad is not pleased Young voted for the gun bill, Suzy is ticked he voted for the justices that overturned Roe, while others are perturbed he voted to keep spending money we don’t have. If everyone had their own grievance and no one voted for anyone but themselves or other write in candidates the representative system our founders gave us would not function.

As it is now you have only two viable choices, Young or McDermott, no one else is going to sit in Indiana’s senate chair. The only choice you have is who will sit in that chair.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Based on what you have been saying, Young owes me everything. He appears to have no path to victory without my vote.

Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    We cannot afford to lose any ground to the dems, the difference between Schumer and McConnell as majority leader is not the lesser of two evils. This is far bigger than Young, conservatives have finally gotten some momentum and to squander that momentum to teach a guy that voted for three justices that created the most conservative court in my lifetime is short sighted…
    For me it all comes down to a numbers game in the Senate. Those of us who are landlocked with 2 democrat senators look to you folks in Indiana to keep your 2 republican senators in office. I get it that Young is a piece of do-do but at the least, republicans controlling the Senate will block a liberal Supreme Court nominee if a vacancy should come about. With the current direction this country is headed in, this should be the #1 priority.
    Ask yourself this, is it better to have someone in office who will at least vote the way you like part of the time or would you prefer to have someone who votes against everything you hold near and dear every single time? It comes down to that you only really have 2 choices to vote for the republican or the democrat. One of those will be your senator.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess it’s worth acknowledging that there is some utility in keeping RINOs around when the alternative is a vote for the most nonsensical legislation democrats can dream up. And also that the time to dump the RINO is in the primaries. Sucks that this is the way. It’s what we got.

I think Young should be booted from the Senate. He’s earned that. But it’s not a binary. It’s not zero value or a hundred. It’s slightly better than the democrat.

Top Bottom